LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Funny Time at the Doctors Today

I had a routine appointment today with my Doctor at the VA. While the nurse was checking me in, she asked if I had received my Dry 24/7 diapers yet.  I told her I had but there are only enough for a month as I change them 4-6 times daily.  She asked what else I was using and I told her cloth diapers and plastic pants mostly at night.  She warmly smiled and asked if I had peed lately, I told I just had prior to coming into the exam room.

She the told me to drop my pants as the Doctor had to do a bladder scan for residual urine to see if I am emptying all the way.  I quickly thought and realized that I had my normal Dry 24/7 on, but had pink star plastic pants over top my diaper.  As I slowly removed my pants, she smiled once again and commented on how pretty my plastic pants were.  With nothing else to say, I thanked her and said "If I have to wear diapers, I might as well make the best of it".  She told me I have a great attitude and wishes more patients did as well. She told me to sit down and the Doctor would be in shortly.    

• Like 2

I just wear my depend pullup to the Dr office I am not brave enough yet to do what you did,, I Applaud you. I don't have ins that covers diapers at all. A lot of private ins companies don't cover them. My ins company has stated to us, if you can buy it from a store no matter how much you need something they won't cover it. A good example was in 2008 I went through oral cancer, I was doing radiation and chemo treatment together. I could not eat food at all. Not even liquids. I was on a feeding tube (Pec Tube) so nothing by mouth. They gave me some crap liquid food an I could not keep it down, it was really bad. We got Insure from the store and I could take it. But since it was over the counter they said No Way. We were after a month able to fight them, Walgreens CEO went to battle for me and Blue Cross finally gave us the ok for 6 months supply. I needed 8 cans a day, and at $35 a case it added up fast. They get worse every day as to what they exclude from coverage.

I am glad the VA covers yours, and Thanks for your service to our country 

• Like 1

I had to Google that... and wondered, how do you not die?  Cause I have read that excessive intake of water can kill and in the weekends I sometimes drink 2 liters over a short period, then go out, and this is 10x more although over a whole day

"If your condition is serious, urine output can be as much as 20 quarts (about 19 liters) a day if you're drinking a lot of fluids. A healthy adult typically urinates an average of 1 or 2 quarts (about 1 to 2 liters) a day."