LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When you wait too long!

My local grocery (a well know national brand) used to have two "baby isles" that were placed right before the checkout lines. It was my habit to casually cruise down one of those lanes on my way to check out.  They were placed such that it seemed perfectly normal for folks to take that path.  I tend not to go to those isles in other stores since I'm a bit old to be buying things for babies and I know most all stores now have camera's in all the isles to track travel and consumer interest.

Well the one lane I always chose had the benefit of having baby clothes including toddler training pants and ONE package of Gerber plastic pants which never seemed to sell.  On the bottom shelf were about 10 packages of Curity Cloth diapers....both just the normal Birdseye cloth diapers and cloth diapers with "sewn in polymer stuffers" for more absorbancy.  I love using cloth diapers for stuffers in the disposables I wear, so I always eyed the packages thinking I'd find a way to buy one.

Alas, I could never get up the courage to buy them.   Then one day.....the isle was completely changed and the plastic pants, training pants, and packs of diapers were gone.  Made sense I guess since I never saw a package out of place in the 1.5 years I've been going there.

Que two weeks ago when I finally went with wife and girls to in-laws to do some home repair projects beyond my father in law abilities.  Had a chance to go to same brand store there to pick up golden liquid reward for jobs well done. 

Low and behold.....same set up as my "old" store....with bags of new cloth diapers still in place.  Unfortunately no way I could buy them as car was packed with travel stuff for the four of us and I could not hide them.

It really kills me that I couldn't get them....

I guess the lesson is, go for it while can.

Yes, it is very true. You should buy what you see when you see it, ASAP! 

This was many years ago, but the subject is similar. I was a delivery driver for UPS, and on one of my stops, was a small old time type drugstore. I remember seeing, a whole display of Gerber plastic baby pants. They were the older types, in boxes, snap-on’s, pull-on’s, and they were the ones still made in the US. And there were training pants too. Cloth diapers and plastic pants, were many years out of favor, but this drugstore still had them in place. There were plastic pants still available in most stores of the time, but they were ones made in China, not like the old quality. I went in that store many days, always spying the display. I would always tell myself, I have to come back in here one day, after work, and buy the whole caboodle out. I don’t care what they might think! I even thought, I would ask if they had others in storage, buy them too. 

Well, I didn’t act fast enough. One day, the store was completely shut down, never to reopen. Missed opportunity ☹️ 

It was about 3 years ago that I was visiting a small town on the BC coast.  This little town had its ups and downs but it was quite quaint and right up my alley as far as towns go.  I went into the local grocery store and discovered to my amazement some actual plastic backed Pampers still in stock in their diaper aisle.  If I hadn't had been there with my friends and in laws then I'd likely would have bought them. 

I want to go back to that little town someday just to see more of the sights.  You can bet your last dollar though that I will be checking out that store again for those diapers.

I used to travel to Europe quite often on business.  In one of the towns I was in I passed a store that had the word Suprima in the window.  Being unfamiliar with the actual language of the country I wasn't sure what it meant so I stopped to look in the window.  I guess it was there equivalent of a hospital supply store and the Suprima did indeed mean the plastic pants folks.

I went in the door, saw the display of plastic pants (Suprima makes great plastic pants) and also saw all the sales folks just milling around.  I was only one of three customers and both of the others were older ladies.  It seemed like everything stopped when I entered, and I swear everyone turned to look at me.  I knew I would not be able to hold a conversation without it becoming very embarrassing...and I panicked....said something about wrong store...and walked out an shaking legs.

I would purposely pass that shop after closing hours and gaze in the window.  I could see the display but never got the courage to go in again during the day.

Went back two years later on business, determined to buy some plastic pants and shop had totally changed to clothing store.

Worse part was,  I had ordered Suprima pants from www.b4ns.com and now knew how great they were.....