Family Matters: 3rd family (Robehouse)

Ishigreensa

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When she came out, he smiled.

"Well, it's time to take Lacey to the school to get her registered."

He went and picked up Lacey to carry her out to the pick up.

"Come on, Amanda."

When they got into the truck, he made sure Lacey sat between them off of Amanda's lap.

"If mommy pees her pants and you are on her lap, you'll make her diaper leak and get your pants wet," he told Lacey.  "We don't want you going into the school first thing with wet pants on, okay?"

They were soon at the school, and then at the office, signing Lacey into school.

"Do you want her to start this morning?" the office lady asked.

Scott looked at Amanda.

"It might be good for her to get started and feeling comfortable with school sooner than later, but I won't force you or her to do that if you want to give her another day."

Scott looked at Lacey, too.

Scott smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I think it would be good for her to have something to do.  She just lost her dad a few months ago, and now, she's had to move out of the only house she's known, so I think it would be best to keep her active with her peers than let her sit in gloom about all that has happened," he shared with the school.

"I see.  I'll have someone from her class come and pick her up."

Scott started to lead Amanda out of the school as Denise came into the office.  Denise was one of the girls that was at the party that last Friday, and so it might have been hard for Lacey to recognize her since she had only seen her once, and a lot was going on, but then, she was one of the most difficult girls, trying to fit in with the older mean girls....

"You're the new girl?" Denise asked her.  "We are in Mr. Wilcox's class.  My name is Denise."

She tried to be friendly with her while she walked her to the room.  She was pretty sure this was the new girl at the party, too, but she hoped that she had not seen her enough to recognize who it was.  

When they walked into the classroom, one other girl from that party was in her class, Jessica.  

Denise frowned.

"You don't want to be her friend, unless you want trouble," Denise told her.  Of course, she was not saying that because Jessica was bad, but more because she was bullied and anyone that sympathized with her was bullied.

"You'd do well to say as clear of Jessica as you can."

"You can sit in the desk behind me, unless the teacher moves you," Denise told her.  "No one sits there, yet."

She smiled.

"Be quiet when the teacher is talking, and don't raise your hand at all unless you are answering a question, or unless the teacher is at her desk, or you'll get in big trouble.  The teacher never says no, if you ask to go to the bathroom, but if you ask at the wrong time, even if she says yes, you'll get in trouble later for disrupting class."

Denise smiled.

Finally!  She figured she had found someone that she could control even at school, and maybe even cause her to be like a little kid so she could take care of her and show the big girls how she could manage being like them.

She passed back a paper and she started to explain the directions slowly to her.

"Denise?" Mr. Wilcox spoke.  "What are you doing?"

"Sir?  She's new, and she doesn't understand.  I'm helping her."

"Make sure you keep your voice down and you are only talking about the work to be done, then."

"Yes sir."

Denise smiled and told her to put her name in the upper right corner and some other stuff up there.  Then she helped her read everything on the paper, whether she needed help reading it or not.

Denise smiled and continued to 'help' her more than she needed.

Once they were done understanding the directions, Nancy started to hover over her making sure she wrote everything exactly as she thought she should.  In the end, their papers would have the same answers, but written in their individual handwriting.

Denise frowned.

She had never heard of staying in the classroom for lunch.

"We have to go to a lunch room, of course.  We are not allowed to eat in the room at all."

Denise put her finger to her mouth.

"Be quiet.  We have to be quiet to line up, and then quiet all the way to the lunch room.  If even one person is caught talking, we will come all the way back to the classroom and start over with lining up.  The teacher is really strict about talking in the halls because he is afraid we'll disrupt other classes."

She then turned around to look innocently so she could be called to line up.

The class was called to line up, and it seemed, one by one so that it took like five minutes.  When a person was called, they were to go to a sink in the room, wash their hands, and then stand in line.

Lacey, being the new student, was called first, and Denise right behind her.  Was it because the teacher was being nice to her, or was it because Mr. Wilcox thought a new student needed to be watched more carefully, something he could do if the student was in the front of the line?

Eventually, the class started to walk.

Lacey #1 oo