LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Demotion[Private w/ elfowl]

marxthebaby

Bill removed the sodden diaper after hearing what Daddy said, clamming up. He didn’t want anyone to actually find out, as tempting as the thought was; he liked being Daddy’s baby sissy, and really didn’t want that relationship to end. He discreetly cleaned himself up and got rid of the cum-drenched diaper under a load of toilet paper and paper towels, shoving it to the bottom of the trash can so nobody could see it unless they went digging. Like a good sissy, he made sure not a hair was out of place, straightening his tie and smoothing his hair up. He left the bathroom after washing his hands. 

Immaculately groomed for once, not wearing the diaper, he followed Daddy outside and looked around at everyone. He rubbed his face clean and blinked real tears from his eyes when he saw his father being brought in. Bill wiped his eyes and gazed up at the other man, sorrow plain in his gaze. “...I’m sorry.” 

He sounded scared, clinging to himself, shoulders trembling with sobs. “I’m so sorry.” He was saying this both to Daddy and his real father, his lower lip quivering. “I..I wish he were still here. It’s-I feel almost like it’s my fault, y’know? Karma for being such a shitty boss, for trying so hard to take my father’s place.” 

I'm stunned, as Bill comes out of the Bathroom, and starts crying, I stand up and walk over to him, pulling him close to me, and hugging him tightly.  "It's alright.  You're fine.  It's not your fault.  You didn't cause this."

As he cries and I hug him I hear people whispering around us.  "What's happening?"  "Poor guy."  "No wonder he wasn't at the funeral, he was just too upset?"  "Shitty boss?"  "Well he was always screaming at his employees."  "All that pressure, who coulda known."  "That's not going to be the new boss is it?"  "He'll have my resignation if it is."

I simply ignore the people around us, and bring Bill over to sit beside me.  The Lawyer acting as adjudicator of the will waits on Bill to be calm enough to listen, and I give him a nod of thanks.

Bill shivered as Daddy held him, thumb nearly straying to his mouth. He didn’t say what he wanted, or tell Daddy he was sorry for being bad, but instead simply cried into his shoulder. “I just..I tried forgetting that he was gone. Like an idiot, I tried keeping myself hidden and just forget but it d-didn’t work.” He admitted, face beet red. Slowly but surely, Bill calmed himself down with Daddy’s reassurances. 

He hugged him back, smiling faintly with relief when he heard everyone start talking. At least most people understood he was just too upset, too confused and scared to deal with all this at that time. Sorrow and grief plain on his face, he sat down alongside his Daddy, shoulders still shaking with sobs. Wiping his face, Bill looked almost ashamed, ducking his head. “I-I’m sorry. You can..go on.” He murmured faintly, tempted to bury his face into Daddy’s shoulder and just cling to him the whole time. Bill eyed Daddy’s lap, which looked very cozy right about now, and gazed up at him with watery eyes, clinging to his hand tight without realizing. 

I continue holding Bill in a tight hug as he speaks, comforting him gently.  When he tells the Lawyer to go on, he simply nods and begins reading out the will.  It starts with a short statement thanking all of us for being here.  The smaller inheritances are listed out first.  To my surprise, seemingly every person in the room, is left amount with at least six figures.  The house is of course left to his wife, and there are some large amounts left to notable charities.  There's even a significant sum left to me, which I wasn't expecting, but am grateful for.

Finally the will seems to be drawing to a close with at least a hundred million dollars left and of course, the company.  "...And finally, to my son Billy.  Though I have no doubt that you will make a fine man, a wonderful husband, and a worthy successor one day.  I do not believe that you are currently mature enough for any of these things.  As such, I leave control of the company, and the rest of my estate to David Mulltree, to be used at his discretion for the benefit of himself and my son, until such a time as he decides that my son is grown up enough to handle the responsibilities of the position and assets, with dignity and maturity.  This decision is to be made entirely at David's discretion.  Furthermore David will become Billy's legal guardian, in full control of his medical, and housing decisions until.  Being a legal adult Billy can of course refuse this, but if he does he will become ineligible to recieve any of my estate, or my company.

I'm completely floored that Billy's father would include such a thing in his will.

• Like 2

Bill was also clearly flabbergasted, but he couldn’t be entirely unhappy about this. Part of him never liked having all that responsibility weighing on him, but at the same time, the fact that refusing would keep him from inheriting a thing was enough to confuse the man. He’d known he was immature in the office, but never expected his father to be aware of it at all, and the fact Daddy was going to be in charge of him now legally was actually enthralling as well as strange. 

He glanced at the man in question but didn’t protest. Everyone in the room but Daddy would expect him to throw one of his infamous tantrums by now, but he honestly understood why his father would do this. “Okay. Sounds good t’ me.” The man murmured, rubbing his eyes and lifting his head a bit. “I..do have growing up to do, and you’d probably do a better job as a boss then me right now.“ Naturally, this flooded just about everyone. Bill, admitting he needed to grow up and relinquishing his long-awaited position to David so readily? And actually complimenting him, too? That was a first. 

I'm a bit surprised at how well Billy takes everything.  Not half as surprised as the group of people gathered who all break out into confused, hushed whisper.  "So, you're going to come live with me I take it?"  I give Billy a mischievious smile.  "Going to be my little boy?"  I ask it as if I was joking with Bill, but know that he'll easily sense the deeper meaning behind my words.

Bill nodded unsurely, fiddling with his tie. “Y-yessir.” He replied, smiling up at Daddy. “I’ll leave  the responsibility and stuff to you.” The man told him, his eyes confused but still surprisingly open. He looked much softer, almost shorter, when he was around Daddy, naturally not being too loud or too rude. Bill blinked at him, and then stood up. “Should I go home with you, then? I mean..I am your responsibility now, right, sir?”

Not only was he being polite(these poor people wouldn’t know what hit them), but he was actually asking the man a simple question as well? Bill wasn’t even rudely commenting on how he wasn’t a kid and could take care of himself, or demanding a different guardian or none at all like they might’ve assumed. 

I smile,  and nod.  "I'm glad we're on the same page about the responsibility.  Yes, you'll be going home with me."  I turn to look at the Lawyer.  "Is that all that's there?"  He nods curtly, closing the small leather bound folder carrying the document.  "Well then Billy, I suppose it's time to leave."

I stand up, and reach my hand out for Billy's once he takes it, I walk out, without saying a word to the now baffled family members, and executives, gently pulling him along behind me.  We reach the SUV and I open the door, quickly loading Billy inside, and securing him in the car seat.

Bill followed Daddy out with his hand in his, allowing the bigger man to buckle him up in his car seat with a happy sigh. He really had to pee, and the funeral had been very emotionally draining for him. Thumb in his mouth, he swung his legs up and down, unsure of how to feel. 

“Daddy, can I wear a diaper an’ some jammies when we get home? I hafta go potty real bad and I don’t wanna get my big-boy pants all messy, a-an’ jammies are comfy. I wanna be comfy right now.” He cooed, sucking his thumb for comfort as he lay back in the car seat like a good baby. 

I climb in the front of the SUV and look at Billy in the mirror.  "Of course sweetheart.  I think a diaper and jemmies will be perfect for you.  I smile seeing how adorable he is with his thumb firmly planted in his mouth.  I start the car and pull out of the parking lot, headed towards home.

The events of the reading obviously have Billy a bit shaken, and it would be dishonest for me to claim that I was unsurprising by the outcome.  It certainly left me in an interesting position, being fully in control of Billy going forwards.  it certainly wasn't one that I found unpleasant, though.

I look at Billy in the mirror again.  "Honey, you and daddy are going to need to have a talk once we get home.  Since Daddy's in charge of you now, and responsible for you we're going to need to have a lot more rules.  If you're not ready to talk about that, we'll save it for tomorrow, okay?  What do you think Baby?"

Billy nodded in agreement. While he was still incredibly shaken by his new position, he didn’t find it entirely unpleasant that Daddy was now in complete control of him. It was unusual though, and he felt weird thinking about it that way. “Okay, Daddy. Can you talk with me about the rules when we get home, please?” He cooed, curious about what the rules would be. 

The man stayed where he was in his car seat, sucking his thumb while Daddy drove them home. Bill removed his thumb once they arrived, squirming a bit in his car seat; it felt funny sitting there with his grown-up clothes. He reached for Daddy once the car stopped, wanting to be carried inside. Squirming, his bladder aching, he tried holding in his pee but they hit a bump in the driveway that jolted him upright, making him let loose. Bill shivered when he felt his bladder give. Now wet, humiliated in his sopping grown-up pants, he whimpered and tears welled in his eyes. 

I pull into the driveway, and park the car, then open the door, and walk around to Billy's side of the car.  I open the door, and the look in amazement at the situation that I find Billy in.  "Billy!  what happened?  Couldn't you hold it?  You naughty naughty boy!  You went pee pee all over your nice grown-up clothes!  I unstrap him from the car seat, and pick him up under both his armpits.  "Obviously we can't trust you to go without a diaper anymore.  What do you have to say for yourself?"

I watch Billy carefully as I carry him to the door.  I want to be sure of how he reacts, since he's shown such positive reactions to punishment and discipline in the past, I want to make sure to give him more of that if that's what he wants, or to be kind and gentle if he's too upset at what seems to have been a genuine accident.  "The potty is very definitely off limits for you for at least the next two weeks little one!"  I tell him as I set him down in front of the door, so I can get it open, then pick him right back up, so I can carry him inside, and take him to the nursery bathroom.  "We'll have to see if we even want to consider trying potty training after that!"

When Daddy scolded him, he blushed and sniffles a bit, sucking his thumb for comfort. As he was called a naughty, naughty boy and scolded for going pee-pee on his grown-up clothes, Billy pouted. “Couldn’t hold it! It wasn’ my fault!” He whined, squirming a little. After the sorrow and overwhelming somber mood of the funeral, he needed to have fun, and being punished for being a bad baby sissy would take his mind off things. 

Billy let Daddy lift him up from under his armpits, looking completely unashamed of having gone pee-pee in his big-boy clothes. After Daddy told him the potty was off-limits for at least two weeks, calling him “little one”, he shivered in unabashed delight at his strictness and pouted again. “No fair! I coulda used the potty just fine, I just couldn’t hold it ‘cause the road was all bumpy!” He complained, allowing the man to set him down and open the door. Once he was carried inside and Daddy took him to the nursery bathroom, saying they’d have to see about potty-training him at all after that. “I can use the potty all by m’self, Daddy! This’s no fair!” Billy protested, shifting around and squirming in his wet pants. 

"You couldn't hold it?"  I ask Billy, cocking one eyebrow, and fixing him with a stern look.  "Then it sounds like being put in diapers and using them is exactly what you need.  maybe after you get a feel for wetting yourself you won't like it as much, and you'll try to learn how to hold it better.  Daddy's going to get you to tell him when you need to potty, and you'll need to hold it, and not go pee pee in your diapers for a while after that, and you also need to not go pee pee for two hours after Daddy changes you.  If you can do those two things for two weeks, then Daddy will think about putting you in pull-ups and letting you try to use the potty.  For now though, you should just concentrate on holding it.  This isn't a punishment Billy,   Now, I don't want to hear any more about this if you keep whining, and trying to insist that I'm not right, then you'll learn what a punishment is.  Do I make myself clear mister?"

I consider giving Billy a wink, but I was already playing a dangerous game, this would only encourage him to whine and fuss and make himself a nuisance to make me spank him, which is what he was really after.  I stand Billy in the bathtub, and sternly instruct him.  "Stay there."  I turn on a deep sink, and plug it up, to let it fill up with warm water.  Once I have it going, I unzip Billy's pants, and pull them down to his ankles.  "Step out Baby."  I gently instruct, letting him know that I'm not upset with him, as long as he's being obedient.  I toss his pants in the sink that's filling with water, and look at his jacket and shirt, as I unbutton them, then slide them off his arms, looking for any damage.

Once he's fully undressed, I turn on the water in the tub.  "Sit down Billy.  Can i trust you not to slip under, or does Daddy need to make sure his Baby doesn't get hurt?"  I ask

• 2 weeks later...

Baby Billy pouted when Daddy said being in diapers may be exactly what he needs. As he was told that he’d have to hold in his pee-pee and wear diapers for two weeks while telling his Daddy when he had to go, maybe he could graduate to pull-ups and use the potty. “But I already can hold it in, the road was bumpy and the bumps made me pee.” He whined, squirming a little as he stepped out of his pants at Daddy’s gentle urging. The man then kept pouting sullenly, stepping into the deep sink like a good baby sissy. 

When he was told to be good and not make a big fuss, he proceeded to do just the opposite out of defiance. “No! I’m vewy big! I’m a big giwl, an’ I can go potty all by m’self if I wanna! I can even take my didis off on my own, wiffout Daddy. So I don’t hafta teww you when I gotta go pee-pees.” Evidently, Billy had slipped back into his Millie headspace, his baby-blue eyes sparkling bright. “Daddy, stay! I wanna be with Daddy longer, an’ I wanna have bubbles.” He chirped, smiling. As he continued to speak, the man even began to lisp childishly again, this time not on purpose. “Can Daddy do my haiws aftew? Pwease? I wanna be a pwetty sissy!” 

I can't help but smile a little, as Billy protests being put in diapers.  "Uh-uh Billy, no excuses.  I don't care why you had an accident, it doesn't change the fact that you had an accident, and when you have an accident that means you wear diapers."  I smile as Billy obediently follows my orders.  "Good girl"

I frown, putting a disciplinary sternness in my gaze as Billy starts to fuss.  "You don't sound like a big girl right now wining and fussing like that.  You sound like a little baby girl in need of a spanking."  My gaze hardens even more as Millie talks about taking off her diapers.    "You had better not take off your diapers, or else Daddy will give you a real spanking, and you won't like it at all like a good girl spanking.  You don't have to tell Daddy when you need to pee pee but if you don't or if you pee pee before Daddy says you're allowed to that will count as an accident."

My gaze softens and I smile at Millie as she begs me to stay.  "Of course I'm staying Millie Baby, you're much to little to take a bath by yourself, Daddy was just wondering if you're big enough to sit up by yourself in the tub, or if Daddy needs to get out the bath chair so Daddy doesn't have to hold you up the whole time.  Daddy can get you bubbles, but you need to ask nicely sweetheart."  I smile even more as Millie starts to lisp more and more,  She's absolutely adoreable.  "We can do your hair after Baby.  Do you just want to braid it?  or maybe you want extentions?  or maybe you want Daddy to shave some of it off so you really look like a baby just starting to grow her first wisps of hair."  I tease a little.

Millie nodded and quickly spoke up when he said he could get bubbles but she’d have to ask nicely, “Can I have bubbwes in my baff, pwease?” She nodded again after Daddy said she shouldn’t take off her diapies, “Okay, Daddy, I won’t take off my diapies.” Though she sounded disappointed that he told her she wouldn’t like a spanking she’d get if she took off her diaper like a bad sissy baby, she knew Daddy was just being a Daddy and telling his sissy “no”. “I’ll be a vewy good sissy fow Daddy. Pwomise.” Millie cooed in that adorable lisp, smiling. 

After he mentioned changing up her hair, the baby perked up right away. “Yeah! Daddy, can I pwease get extensions so I can have pwetty wong haiw? Oh, I gots an idea that’s even bettews!” Millie enthused, her big blue eyes sparkling as she grabbed her rubber ducky from the bath and gave it a squeeze. The sissy could already imagine waddling around with a nice, bulky diaper and a dress that showed off every detail. It’d be like a dream come true, but thinking about her hair made her even happier. She couldn’t imagine anything but, “Pigtaiws, Daddy! I-I can get the ‘tensions an’ then Daddy can make the pigtaiws!” 

• 4 weeks later...

I smile at Millie as she obediently asks for bubbles.  "Yes you can sweet girl, thank you for asking so nicely"  I say as I reach under the sink, and grab a pink bottle.  I unscrew the top and pour three cap fulls into the water filling the bath.  I smile at Millie as she promises to be good.  "Thank you baby.  Daddy's very glad to hear you say that.  Daddy likes it when his little baby girl behaves for him, it lets him reward her, and make her happy., and that makes Daddy even more happy.   You need to follow Daddy's rules, and do what he tells you.  You're too little to know what's best for you.  You need to stay in your diapers until you're ready for pull-ups, and Daddy doesn't think that's just quite yet. 

I open a small box pushed up against the wall, and pull out some more tub toys, plastic boats, as well as a small floating plastic dock, and little plastic people to go with it.  I put the toys in the bath with Millie, and then pull out a washcloth.  "Yes Baby?  What's your idea?"  I ask Millie, as I start to soap up the washcloth.  "That is an even better idea.  I bet you would look even more absolutely adorable with pigtails."  I start rubbing Millie down with the washcloth, starting at her back, and working my way down to her bottom.  "But you know what?  Daddy doesn't think you even need extensions for us to give you pigtails Baby.  Pigtails look cutest when they're short, otherwise they just look like two long braids."  I say as I wash her bottom thoroughly, making sure to clean between her cheeks as well.  "And your hair is already long enough.  it is kinda short, and if you were gonna be any older Daddy would want to make it longer, but since you want pigtails, and you're just a little baby girl, I think it's long enough.  It's definitely too long for anyone to think it's boys' hair."  I keep going, washing my way down her right leg.

Millie’s hair really was long, wavy and a bit girlish. She smiled widely when Daddy said she had to stay in diapers, chirping, “Okay, Daddy! I wike my diapies, an’ I know I’m widdle. I wove bein’ widdle!” With that cute little acceptance of the rule, she looked around, thumb straying to her mouth. After Daddy put bubbles in the bath, Millie cooed joyously and moved her arms around so they’d be all sudsy. “Fank you fow da bubbwes.” She cooed, clapping her hands. 

The toys were even better! Millie couldn’t help but play with them, especially the plastic boat and people. She made the people move around and float near the boat, “They’re swimmin’!” and made the boat bob underneath them so they’d be safe and sound if they sank. The dock was fun too, she made some of the toy people jump off into the water with little noises for each one. Happy to have such fun toys, Millie didn’t even realize Daddy was washing her cute little tushie until he slid the washcloth between her cheeks, making her giggle. 

When Daddy said pigtails would be even better without the extensions, because she didn’t even need those at all, Millie beamed. “Weally, Daddy? Nobody would think I’m a boy? Good!” She had a bit of an idea brewing and couldn’t help but chuckle mischievously. “Daddy, I want evwyone to know I’m Daddy’s sissy. Pwease? I want peopwe to see how cute I am!” 

I smile at Millie as I continue washing her.  "That's good Baby, because you're going to spend a lot of time in your diapers, and a lot of time being little!  And Daddy's going to make sure you love every bit of it!"  I wash up her legs, and between them, making my way up her thighs, and washing her little peepee, making sure to clean it very thoroughly, and perhaps giving it a few more rubs than necessary, then continuing down her other leg.  "You're welcome Sweetheart.  Thank you for being such a polite little baby for Daddy.

I wash up to her tummy, as Millie keeps playing, watching her adoringly.  I nod when she asks if no one would think she's a boy.  "Of course not Princess, not unless we lifted up your skirts and showed them the little noodle in your diapers, as long as you were in a cute frilly dress, with your hair braided into pigtails, there's no one alive who would think you were a boy unless they already knew you."  I frown a bit as I finish washing Millie, and she asks me to make sure everyone knows she's my sissy.    I usually prefer to keep my play private, staying out of the public eye as much as possible.  It was the whole reason why i had gotten a house so far out of town.  Sure the land was cheaper, but I could have gotten something on the edge of the suburbs for around the same price, and cut at least fifteen minutes out of my commute.  But now here I am with a new little Sissy, who seems to to be absolutely obsessed with being shown off to everyone in the world.  If it was just about her, I would do it in a heartbeat, but for the first time in my memory, I found myself becoming apprehensive about doing a scene, being part of a scene, trying to draw attention to myself, and my little sissy, probably (and rightfully in my opinion) getting dirty looks from nearby onlookers and witnesses.  Still it was obviously something that Millie wanted more than anything.  "Daddy will make sure that happens sweetie, I promise.  Everyone who knows you at all will know just how much of a sissy you are, and how completely you belong to Daddy, okay?"  I wasn't fully sure how I'd make it happen, but I knew I had to.

• Like 2

Millie nodded, her smile wide and bright enough to blind someone. “T’ank you, Daddy! An’-an’ I’ll tell them you’re the bestest Daddy ever, in th’ whole wide world, ‘cause you are, and you’re my fav’ritest Daddy too!” The sissy baby lifted her head so she could reach him better as she was being washed kissing his cheek. “You’re all warm and big and you’re so nice, and-and you give the bestest hugs, and I...” Here she trailed off a bit, blushing. “I feel super safe with you. Like-like the monsters under the bed won’t get me an’ you’ll protec’ me.” 

Millie reaches for him, resting her head against his big strong arm. “If anyone says anythin’ bad about you, I’ll protect you back! I’ll be like a-a super princess, an’ I’ll fight the evils and the bad stuff so you can be happy!” She chirped as Daddy finished wiping her delicate parts and her  thighs as well, talking to her about how he’d make sure everybody knew about Daddy’s little princess. Slowly but surely, Millie got back into her big space just this once, and after she was all clean and Daddy was promising he’d let her be shown off, she spoke, 

“So..don’t be scared of nothin’, Daddy. I’ll protect you as a grown-up to, and if anyone is all mean, I’ll tell ‘em not to be. You’re so nice and handsome and smart and-and you treat me real good, so if nobody can see that my Daddy’s the best in the whole wide world, they’re blind.” 

• Like 1

I listen to Millie closely as she tells me that she'll protect me so that I won't have to be scared if anyone is mean. it seems that she had picked up on my apprehension, and was now promising to protect me.  I smile at her, and lean in close to kiss her forehead, then wrap my arms around her tightly, pulling her to my chest, and cradling her in my arms.  "Thank you for that baby.  Sometimes Daddy worries about things, but that's Daddy's job to worry."

I finish washing Millie, rubbing down her arms, and back.  "I'm glad that you like my hugs, I like giving them to you, and I'm glad you feel safe with me." I grab a big fluffy towel and hold it open.  "You ready to get out sweetheart?  Or do you want to play a few more minutes with the tub toys?"

• 3 weeks later...

The sissy baby eagerly snuggled up to Daddy, gently nuzzling his bare chest in a gesture of affection after he kissed her forehead. “You’re welcome, Daddy!” Millie responded, glad he was feeling at least a little better. 

Millie reached for Daddy the minute he mentioned leaving the tub with him. The washing of her arms and back made her a bit giggly, since she’s always been ticklish in those spots. “I wanna go out with you, Daddy! Wanna cuddle and curl up under the softest blankies we got.” She cooed, flashing him her brightest smile. 

• 4 weeks later...

I smile, at Millie's coos, the idea of curling up with her under a blanket does sound quite nice.  I open the drain, and tell Millie "Alright, let's clean up the tub toys, and then we can get you out, get you dried off and get you dressed Baby."  I wait for her to hand me the plastic bits to put away, then grab a big fluffy pink towel.  "Stand up Princess"  I tell her, then wrap the towel around her, and lift her out, setting her on the bath mat, rubbing her down all over, and drying off her hair.

I wrap the towel snugly around Millie, then pick her up, settling her on my hip and carry her to the nursery.  I set her down in the middle of the room. and give her a gentle swat on the bottom.  "Go pick out your diaper and your jammies for the night, and bring them back to me sweetie."  I watch her scurry off, and step over to the changing table to wait for her to come back.  Once she comes back I smile "Good girl!"  and lift her up onto the table, laying her down.  "You want cuffs and straps while Daddy changes you, or no Baby?"  I offer.

The sissy baby gave him the bath toys like a good girl, “All clean!” She cooed, clapping her hands after they were put away. Millie shivered happily as Daddy cleaned off her princess parts, and stood up for Daddy after he told her to, allowing him to wrap the big, fluffy pink towel around her body and dry her off. 

Millie giggles after he takes her into the bedroom, setting her down, and gives her bottom a swat. As she was told, she got Daddy the nighttime diaper she wanted. It was the thickest one she could find, and would be clearly visible no matter what she wore on top. She even got a second one, to layer on top of the first so she’d be only able to walk with Daddy’s help. Happily, the little sissy baby also grabbed a comfy fleece onesie, with hearts all over it. It was warm, short-sleeved, and had a lock on the zipper in the back so Daddy could lock her into it. Hearing him call her a good girl made Millie smile. “I good baby!” 

When he lifted her up onto the changing table and asked if she wanted cuffs and straps while Daddy changes her, Millie nodded her head. “Wanna be cozy an’ safe. No owies.” 
After Daddy got his baby settled, she soon fell asleep in his arms. 

Three long weeks after the funeral, spent in equal part mourning and moving on, baby Millie woke up in her crib after hearing talking downstairs. She had taken a short break from being Daddy’s sissy to help take care of stuff (even though Daddy said she could relax and be a baby, she just wanted to be Daddy’s helper and played lots of grown-up pretend these past few weeks, assisting with finances and more), but now she was back in her diapers and baby clothes, drinking formula and sleeping in her crib for Daddy. 

Drooling, Millie stared at the mobile above her head. It was so nice and pretty! It had sheep, and played a pretty song. When Daddy walked into her room, Millie cooed joyously and grabbed for him, eagerly sitting up with a huge, overjoyed smile, “Daddy, I heard people downstairs! Can I go down wiff Daddy? Pleeease?”