LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper area prep disposable vs. cloth diapers

darboy

Just curious if anyone that will wear both disposable and cloth diapers prep their diaper area any differently?  This is only for my night diapers as I only wear disposables during the day with baby powder.

For me at night with a disposable diaper, I will use desitin on both sides of where the crease of my leg is and where my sack starts.  I then will put some on the tip of my wee wee (not circumcised) to keep the tip from getting raw or rash from my wet overnight diaper.  I top that with a liberal amount of powder.

For me at night with cloth diapers, I use baby oil to cover my diaper area completely then I’ll powder a liberal amount of baby powder.  

For me I’m always afraid to use desitin on cloth diapers because I don’t know if it will completely washouts. This might not be the case, however, in my mind I don’t want to go grab a new cloth diaper and have crusted desitin stuck to it.  

Do you do anything different depending on what kind of diaper you’re wearing?

I just wonder about your frequent use of Desitin as a barrier cream.  Desiten is a diaper rash medication used to cure a rash.  I would think maybe some other good barrier cream or ointment might be more appropriate than using a medicine every night that is designed to clear up a rash.  Others want to weigh in on my thoughts?

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

I just wonder about your frequent use of Desitin as a barrier cream.  Desiten is a diaper rash medication used to cure a rash.  I would think maybe some other good barrier cream or ointment might be more appropriate than using a medicine every night that is designed to clear up a rash.  Others want to weigh in on my thoughts?

As I understand it, Desitin is a medicated barrier. The main ingredients are petroleum jelly and zinc oxide, which are both barriers. The directions on the box say to use it at bedtime or “anytime when exposure to wet diapers may be prolonged,” so I believe the manufacturer intends for it to be used as a preventative and not just a cure.

12 hours ago, darboy said:

For me I’m always afraid to use desitin on cloth diapers because I don’t know if it will completely washouts. This might not be the case, however, in my mind I don’t want to go grab a new cloth diaper and have crusted desitin stuck to it. 

Same here. I quit using all of that stuff, as it was always a reaction to diaper rash, not prevention. I now use the same stuff that our local hospital uses for bed sores and diaper rash. It works really good for prevention and healing and doesn't make cloth diapers harder to wash.

I always use Sudocreme and powder regardless of what type of nappy i wear.

If your able to wash out oil then i dont see why you wouldn' be able to wash out a barrier creme.

Maly.

I bat for both teams ,cloth at home disposables on the road ,regardless of what I am wearing ,i apply or my aide applys Remedy Restore barrier cream. It's a sensible precaution regardless which diaper I am wearing ,once or twice a month I will mess during the overnight ,ordinarily I have 4 bowel movements a day ,but that surprise 5 th one shows up randomly during the night . Protecting against the nasty acids of urine & feces mixing is job #1,I think consistent regimens on changing is important for your well being .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk