LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Women Vs Men

I found an interesting write-up on infantilism some time ago on the net and made a copy. Unfortunately, I can't remember the author and/or where I found it, but the two paragraphs below addressed the disproportionate number of male vs. female infantilists in the article.

Infantilism and gender identity

One unusual aspect of infantilism is the disproportionate number of male infantilists vs: female infantilists. Based upon what is known of those infantilists who are willing to discuss their infantilism with others, many estimates of the ratio run from 95% to 99% of all infantilists being male. On the other hand, some believe that the apparent male majority may in reality be much smaller, due to a tendency amongst females to be less likely to openly discuss the fetish.

While no definitive studies have yet been made regarding the incidence of true homosexuality or bisexuality amongst infantilists, this incidence is believed in all probability to be approximately the same as, or slightly higher than, this incidence in the general population, at roughly 5% to 10%, depending on the definition. Accordingly, the great majority of infantilists are believed to be heterosexual males.

Just thought I would share this with everyone...it's not an attempt to draw the discussion away from diapers vs. pads. :closedeyes:

actually there was a study done on this topic.

they found that men are told as children that they are going to be bad as men from their mothers if they dont change their ways.

thus causing men to become insecure. since they want to have the proper child hood they find them selves reverting and wearing diapers to comfort themselves. yes it seems bad to only be a mental thing but its generally caused as a child. as for wemon they dont do anything unless pushed in to doing it. so you can find that wemon have to have the disability or friends push them in to the diaper scene as opposed to men. thats the truth and fact all in one. it may not be that way for every person here but it is the leading causes.

men are insecure

wemon are forced.

smiles

I don't know about the whole men being insecure thing, but the idea that a woman can only be into it if she was 'forced' is ridiculous. No one forced me. Yes, there will probably be women here that got into it because of a partner or because they are incontinent, but there are men here in that situation as well.

actually there was a study done on this topic.

they found that men are told as children that they are going to be bad as men from their mothers if they dont change their ways.

thus causing men to become insecure. since they want to have the proper child hood they find them selves reverting and wearing diapers to comfort themselves. yes it seems bad to only be a mental thing but its generally caused as a child. as for wemon they dont do anything unless pushed in to doing it. so you can find that wemon have to have the disability or friends push them in to the diaper scene as opposed to men. thats the truth and fact all in one. it may not be that way for every person here but it is the leading causes.

men are insecure

wemon are forced.

That is highly unlikely. If there's anything you'll discover from reading these boards, it's that the people here and their life experiences, are very diverse. Not all men wear diapers because their mothers told them they'd be bad men. And as Sunshine pointed out, while some women may have gotten into the lifestyle because of a partner's influence, that is not the case for many of us, myself included. To say that women only do things when they are "pushed" into it, suggests that they have no free will of their own and are gullible and easily manipulated.

Aww, don't hide, RestlessFox. *hugs*

Everyone gets their views proven wrong once a while. Some of us (including me) know that your point of view wasn't intended to offend. Cheers! :thumbsup:

i still don't think i was proven wrong, i just don't share the popular oppinion that most do.

i still think that they have a small part in it because i remember a girl was telling me or posted it somewhere that she was using them for urine because she thought that was what they were for before she hit puberty so that's one confirmed incident connecting them with diapers.

i also remember alot of guys telling me that they experimented with them either before they got into diapers, during a time where they couldn't get any, or as a stuffer for extra absorbency. i'm very embarrassed to admit i tried it too before i found dpf.

if they have a part in helping people realize their love for diapers they can also potentially distract from it too, some women probably prefer the thicker ones even though they don't need the extra protection, that could be a manifestation of a liking of diapers but never realizing it.

i know for most women on here the two are completely different in your minds but you can't deny they have a little influence in the matter even though you don't see the connection in your own situation.

:P yeah, i'm feeling a bit confrontational today...