LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Help Writer - Explain Your Fetish

Guest Evelyn_Parker

Guest Evelyn_Parker

Hello There,

My name is Evelyn Parker and I am an American writer and sociologist based in London, UK. My particular field of interest is that of

sexuality and specifically fetishes. I am attempting to have as many people who consider themselves to have a fetish as possible and have them complete a survey I have published on my web site at http://www.explainyourfetish.com .

I have been working on this project for a few years now and have had a fantastic response but I feel I need a few more.

I would be most grateful if you would take a few moments of your time to visit the page and see if you are willing to fill out the survey.

Thank you,

Evelyn

Hello There,

My name is Evelyn Parker and I am an American writer and sociologist based in London, UK. My particular field of interest is that of

sexuality and specifically fetishes. I am attempting to have as many people who consider themselves to have a fetish as possible and have them complete a survey I have published on my web site at http://www.explainyourfetish.com .

I have been working on this project for a few years now and have had a fantastic response but I feel I need a few more.

I would be most grateful if you would take a few moments of your time to visit the page and see if you are willing to fill out the survey.

Thank you,

Evelyn

Sorry, but for me it isn't a fetish.

I think that this is larger than just a fetish. For some people it is, but for others the word fetish doesn't apply. My main argument is that for many people, the AB/DL lifestyle does not involve sex. While you could interview people who consider it to be their fetish, I think that only viewing them would miss the bigger picture of the ABDL world.

Um, if "Ms. Parker" or whoever he really is, were for real, "she" would have been back here to see what kinds of posts "she" had accumulated and answer questions. You don't drop into a board like this, leave a link, and never return. This is likely a malicious post or phish.

-RMS

Google has flagged this site as one that possibly installs malicious software on your computer.

I have gotten no message telling me the site is harmful (I'm pretty sure it can't touch me, as my browser won't even allow sites to run scripts without my permission. Plus, my OS doesn't support .exe files), but I've noticed nothing malicious, however I'm not certain. AND the site is absolutely terribly constructed.

Um, if "Ms. Parker" or whoever he really is, were for real, "she" would have been back here to see what kinds of posts "she" had accumulated and answer questions. You don't drop into a board like this, leave a link, and never return. This is likely a malicious post or phish.

-RMS

i think that you are being a bit harsh researchers quite often dont have the time to visit all the sites they use to advertise forr volanteers i for one think that this is a jenuine piece of research and hell if you dont give any personal details and use an anonyomus e mail adress what the hell can she do that is malicious?

Well, her research is on fetishes... so if you don't consider it a fetish, then you aren't part of her target audience... don't see what there is to be offended about. She's not claiming to be doing research on the whole AB/DL lifestyle, but on it as a fetish, which is one particular part of it. I mean, if you were doing research on coaching styles, you'd probably attend sporting events, but it shouldn't be offensive to the players of various sports or the fans if you aren't interested in them and only in the coaches.

well someone try it and tell us what it is like and if they have problems

I filled it out, and sent it, but it said that it didnt accept browswer run emails, and that i had to download some program. I did not...

i filled it out by doing the cut and paste from the plain txt version from an anonymous e mail adress... i can see absolutly no way that there could be any way of breaching my security by doing this and it is totaly confidential and i have had no problems.

not that it tried to do anything...

my vote says this is totaly safe and not a trick the poor web design is just a sign that they are not a web designer nothing more...

Yup, Google's flagging of the site as dangerous appears to be a false positive (which does happen). I looked at the source code of the site and it's not dangerous, just very poor web design. The form you fill in is set to be sent by email via your default email program (Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc) which is a very, very, very lazy way of handling web forms that's about 10 years out of date. The only thing to be aware of security-wise is that it will expose your email address so use an anonymous address (and use the manual method of writing the answers into an email yourself).

The real question here is whether or not the whole thing is worth our effort. Whenever I see things like this ("Oh, I'm writing a book/magazine/screenplay/paper/whatever") I always check the person out and I have to say, I can't find much about this one. The only academically prominent Evelyn Parker that I can find is a professor of Christian education at Southern Methodist University and I somewhat doubt that's who we're dealing with :) Something tells me we're dealing with a pseudonym here which only serves to make me even more cynical.

By the way, if you Google the first few words of the post, you'll see just how many forums this has been posted on... And that's just what Google has found in the last couple of days so no doubt it's been posted on many more (this thread doesn't show in Google yet, for starters). She's posted this all over the internet and a quick look around shows that she's getting the same response everywhere - cynicism and disbelief. Myself, I'd be inclined to join with the cynics. There are better ways of doing academic research than just asking a load of people from internet forums.

Cynical AutieAB