LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Johnson's Shea & Cocoa Butter Baby Lotion

I went shopping yesterday at my local supermarket store to see if it carried the Johnson's Cologne which was mentioned in the Baby Wipes thread yesterday. (I love the concept of that) Alas, it was not to be had, but I did manage to find a new product put out by Johnson's: Shea and Cocoa Butter Baby Lotion. I, of course, had to get a bottle of, using a $1 off coupon for Johnson's products while doing so, and see how this latest product stacks up against my all time favorite baby lotion or oil products, which are Johnson's Creamy Baby Oil and Baby Magic Original Scent Baby Lotion.

What ultimately decides whether I will continue to buy a certain brand of baby lotion is not neccessarily what it supposed to accomplish on a baby's body, i.e., prevent diaper rash, moisturize, or have a calming effect, but simply how it feels to me when my (imaginary) mommy is using it on me during a diaper change. Based primarily (but not limited to this factor) on the "slickness" or "feel" factor, I'm ambivalent whether I will buy the Shea and Cocoa Butter (S&CB) variety again. The S&CB's stated attribute, as noted on its container is that it "Moisturizes for 24 hours".

To start, it's aroma is hardly evocative of anything babyish or of the special moment shared when a mommy is changing her boy with Johnson Baby Lotion (the pink variety); rather it seems to possess an almost fruity smell. In defense of it, there is absolutely nothing that says "cocoa" or "chocolate" about it scent. Part of the allure of being a diaper boy is having mommy apply something that actually does smell babyish, like Johnson's Baby Powder or Baby Lotion. This S&CB variety's scent almost seems to have been designed to be used by women as a hand lotion, rather than a baby lotion.

Another attribute I disliked about its scent is that it lingers around too long after a diaper change. I can deal with a true baby powder or baby lotion scent all day and night, (I love those scents) but this fruity kind of scent...well, that's another thing. I don't want to be smelling it for much more than ten minutes.

As for it's slickness, I really can't say for sure. It's a lotion that starts out somewhat too thick (and subsequently preventing the immeadiate pleasure that using, say, Johnson's Creamy Baby Oil will), but as it is continually massaged in, it seems to get marginally better in terms of producing the desired sensation sought, though I think this lotion has the tendency to be absorbed into skin much too quickly. One's mommy will probably have to apply a far greater quantity of the S&CB lotion than she is used to in order to produce the enjoyable diaper changes that Johnson's Creamy Baby Oil or original baby lotion do with regularity.

Bottom line: The S&CB variety will work in a pinch, but it's my opinion that those who appreciate the feel and silkiness of Johnson's Creamy Baby Oil or Baby Magic Baby Lotion stay with them during their diaper changes with mommy.

post-1762-1173640361_thumb.jpg

post-1762-1173640361_thumb.jpg

Archived