LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Did Diapers Cause This Skin Infection?

Ok, this is kinda strange and sorta freaked me out a little bit.

Just over a week ago I noticed a small, slightly painful bump on the back of my thigh, just under the crease where my butt. It looked and felt a lot like a mosquito bite or pimple, so I didn't think much of it. Well, fast forward about a week and this thing is getting a little bit swollen, red, and much more tender. I realized that it didn't itch, so it must not be a bug bite. But it was pretty painful when ever I put pressure on it -- which of course would happen when sitting. By monday it was getting pretty hard to sit, and I had this swollen red bump about the diameter of a quarter under my ass. Fantastic.

Since it wasn't getting better, I thought it would be time to do something. My dad is a physician so I called him and described the bump on my ass. He immediately suspected a skin bacterial infection that won't get better by itself and recommended that I make an appointment with my doctor the next day. What really freaked me out was when my dad told me the "worst case scenario" would be a bacterial infection called MRSA (it's an abbreviation for some big medical sounding words that basically mean bacteria that is resistant to normal antibiotics -- sometimes known as "flesh-eating bacteria" -- yikes!).

Anyway, I went to the doc. My doc agreed that it was some sort of bacterial infection but didn't have a high suspicion for MRSA. I got a prescription for some standard antibiotics (Amoxicillin). Within a few hours of taking the first dose it started getting better. Phew!

Ok, now to the diapers part. Do you think they could have caused this? Of course I didn't tell my doctor or my dad that I like to wear diapers occasionally (usually only a few per week). I just don't understand how a healthy 26 year old guy like me who exercises regularly, eats well, and generally rarely gets sick could develop this seemingly random bacterial infection on my ass. I guess, according to the doc, it could happen randomly if bacteria got under the skin somehow. I never poop in my diapers -- I guess sometimes I'll wear a wet one for a couple hours, but that's it.

Now I'm kinda afraid to put on another diaper. Does anyone thing that this is related to the diapers? Or am I just paranoid?

Guest Sissy  Lil Lucy

sounds like it could be your diapie causing your owie, do you use anything to stop rashes and things, cause that might help in the future

Guest John_Q_Sample

Seriously doubt it had to do with the diaper if ya don't mess. Bacteria can travel in the body, so having it end up where it did is just coinsidence in my opinion. WARNING: John Q Sample is not a medical doctor and his opinions have little or no worth. If you feel you have a true medical condition see you doctor immediately. Thank you. :thumbsup:

In over ten years of wearing pretty much full time, so far no problems like you describe (thank goodness!) but plenty of plain old Nappy rash now and again. :badmood:

Glad your problem got dealt with quickly as it sounds very nasty, keep up with the Diapers as they must be fairly safe or we would all be down the Doc's, unless you are "allergic" to them ???? :o

[Edited for accuracy :P]

I agree with the others... It's unlikely to be caused by wearing diapers intermittently. The first thing you would get is a mild diaper rash, which is a breakdown of the surface layers of the skin due to contact with acids in pee and enzymes in poop and is mighty itchy! Assuming you'd notice that happening fairly quickly and remedy it with cream, no diapers for a while, etc, then you won't get anything worse than that. If you do ignore it, then you run the risk of bacterial infections (because the skin in that area is already compromised). That could be nasty. There seems to be some debate about whether or not diaper rash can lead to fungal infections too (namely Candida).

Everything you ever wanted to know about diaper rash (and probably more!) here and here

Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, by the way :lol: (AKA the hospital 'superbug' because it's resistant to Methicillin, one of the most powerful antibiotics)

AutieAB isn't a doctor either, consult your doctor, yader, yader, yader...

I say it's a demon done got under your skin, and this evil spirit caused your body to putrify. There must have been holy water in them there medicine pieces your doctor done given you.

Have you tried a good bleeding?

I say it's a demon done got under your skin, and this evil spirit caused your body to putrify. There must have been holy water in them there medicine pieces your doctor done given you.

Have you tried a good bleeding?

Could have been caused by a spot that got worse you do get them in weird places ocitional

Hey guys, thanks for all of your responses.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I really think it has anything to do with the diapers. I guess it really is just a random thing, who knows.

In case you're interested, I'm on day 3 of antibiotics and it's about 75% better now.

-Shady

Hey guys, thanks for all of your responses.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I really think it has anything to do with the diapers. I guess it really is just a random thing, who knows.

The other thing of course, is that your doctor will have seen hundreds of cases of bad diaper rash. If he thought that was what is was, he'd have said so :P

"Sir, you have a classic case of diapee rash. Anything you want to tell me?..." :roflmao:

In case you're interested, I'm on day 3 of antibiotics and it's about 75% better now.

That's good. Don't stop taking them before the entire course is completed though... (even if it appears to clear up completely)

I believe that it could be from wearing a diaper, especially a disposable diaper. I wear Attends and I will break out on my butt in some places, just like pimples. They start to dissapear when I am not in diapers but will flare up again after I wear a diaper, especially to bed. Right now it's been at least 2 weeks since I've worn a diaper and my butt is cleared up. It could be a reaction to being wet, warm moist butt, it could be a reaction to urine (I don't poop my diapers) or it could be a reaction to the material in the disposable diaper, weather it's some perfume or additive to the lining or fluff. Anyway, so far it's always cleared up after a few days of not wearing diapers, which is easy for me since I only wear once or twice a week at most.

There is more of a chance that you got it from sitting on toilet than from a diaper. It could have started as a pimlple or a bug bite and then gotten infected from a dirty toilet seat. Even a seat that looks clean can harbor millions of germs. While sitting may not be a problem most of the time, all you need is a a tiny cut a you got an infection. Of course if you mess your diaper, that could have something to do with it. If not, a diaper alone couldn't do it.