LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Types of Diapers

Hi all,

I'm new to wearing diapers and from just the little bit of looking I've done there seems to be so much variety. I've tried to do some research into which types are best for what, but I can't seem to find any good sites that detail what each of them are good for. Is there any way someone can give me a run down on exactly what each type is best for? Or maybe give me a link that I failed to find!

Thank you!

In general, there are about 4 main types of diapers:

- Store bought diapers, which are usually not very good at all, but are cheap.

- Medical type diapers which are pretty good, but can be a little pricey.  Northshore and Abena are generally among the best in this category.

- "Official" ABDL diapers which are amazing, but very expensive.  There's a whole bunch of abdl companies, although ABU and Crinklz are probably the most popular.

- Cloth diapers, which are usually pretty good, and the most economical option, but do have to be washed between uses.  Happyendings and Biggerdiapers.com are good from what I've seen

Also, if you want designs, you'll want to look into the last 2 options.

Does this help?

• Like 1

Medical diapers are "cheap" compared to most store brand diapers when it comes to how effective they are

Tena Slip Active Fit Ultima can last me a whole day, as in I put one on in the evening, use the toilet for morning pee and put on a new in the evening

ABU etc. can last longer, but I wont sleep with such a wet diaper and they start to smell if worn to long

All these categories mentioned by Firefly have 2 sub-types (Except cloth), cloth-like that is supposed to be more discreet, but lack the same odor control, and plastic diapers that are better at everything

Really,  it comes down to personal preference.  You are going to have to try a variety of different ones and see what YOU like. Just like everything else,  we each have our own personal preferences.  One diaper may fit me well, but you may think that it fits terrible. 

Cloth diapers are expensive in the beginning,  but save in the long run.  Then you have to wash them. 

Diapers advertise odor control,  but that is for urine.  No diaper will keep in the smell of poo. It somehow goes right through the plastic, even though the diaper doesn't leak.

Supplements like Nullo can reduce the smell of poo, if you plan to use your diapers for #2.

Walgreens probably has the best store brand diapers if you want to start there. They call them disposable briefs, rather than diapers.  There's pull on ones, that are basically just for wetting if that is something that you may like to try. 

There are cloth like outer covers and plastic covers on the outside of the diaper.  The cloth like are generally quieter,  though you can't hear the crinkle of plastic backed ones through most jeans.  Sweat pants don't seem to hide the crinkly noise as well for some reason.  I'd say the majority of the people here prefer a plastic backed diaper to a cloth like backing. 

Hope this helped. Welcome to the community 

Wearing and using are two different things. If you're actually use them as intended, then fit becomes the most critical factor as even a better diaper can leak if it doesn't fit well. Everyone's body is shaped differently and we have different habits of movement too, so all you can do is try different diapers till you find one which works for you- and hopefully you'll like it :)

Most online diaper retailers offer samples which is the best place to start. Those usually cost a lot per diaper but are less expensive than a bag of something you can't use ;) Sizing isn't standard with adult diapers, so if you're at the edge of one size a change in brand or style may mean you need a different size; another good reason to do samples first. And whenever you're trying a new diaper, first do some test-wearing at home where leaks aren't as big an issue as they would be out in the real world. Also don't let your supply run too low as manufacturing and shipping problems do sometimes happen and will take time to mitigate.

Once you settle on one diaper (or a few different ones) pay some attention to how it absorbs and what warning signs it gives when you near it's capacity limits. Many but not all will be soaked in front before you feel wetness in behind. Some can go a lot longer from there and some can't. Last but important is skin care. Wash the diaper area well when showering, stretching the skin some to open the pores for deeper cleaning. If you pay enough attention to this you can probably do without a barrier creme. If you do ever have skin issues, address them at the first sign of problems to keep them from getting out of hand. Itchiness is usually the first sign of trouble brewing. This may also produce an effect in wearing time, as those with more sensitive skin usually need more frequent changes to avoid problems.

Finding your happiness in diapers may take awhile but don't become frustrated- there is something out there somewhere that will do what you want of it. Once you find it you'll also find it was well worth the effort it took to get there :D

Bettypooh