LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It's not as hard as you think. The patterns are easy, figuring out how to do elastic waistbands, etc, is difficult.

I actually got myself a sewing machine for Christmas, and I've made at least five pairs of pajama sleepers (don't ask why, but people want these) two shirts, and I've altered a ton of clothing.

Alas, I couldn't get away with sewing my own diapers, but the best way to do it would be by making a mock-up out of newspaper or butcher's paper.

Though the patterns won't fit you, www.diapersewing.com has a wealth of information on different types of cloth diapers, and where to find materials for waterproof covers.

Either free hand a pattern based on what you see there, or trace a disposable that fits you well. Then, fold it in half and trim it to make sure it's symmetrical. Cut it on the fold (you may be able to eke out two from a 45" bolt.) After that, all you need to do (for a basic diaper) is serge the edges after you straight-stitch the soaker pad in.

If you want to try your hand at making vinvyl pants, a $10 vinvyl shower curtain from any department store willprovide you with adequate material, though stitching heavy-duty stuff like vinyl may be too hard on your machine if it wasn't designed for dense or bulky fabrics. You could look into heat welding the seams, but I have no idea how or with what tools that is done.

If you haven't checked out fabric stores yet, I find that Hancock's usually has a much larger selection of flannel prints than JoAnn's.

Good luck, and don't bust your machine trying to sew that diaper too thick. :thumbsup:

Somewhere there was a web site that had instructions for making an adult cloth diaper. I used it once to make a birdseye diaper. But for the life of me I can't find it now.

CDL