LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I, Bot 404: Book 1

On 8/1/2018 at 6:02 PM, Wannatripbaby said:

I think I took a look at it and thought the formatting was a bit too small for me to read. My eyes are steadily getting worse and I'm not trying to speed up the process. :unsure:

Cool! I can't wait to hear your thoughts! :D

Also yay! We're on page 2! :)

Thank you for turning my thread into two pages! I'm new here and didn't know that it switches to a new page after 25 posts so thank you :) and also, when I was copying and pasting this story from ABDLstoryforum the formatting was small but I fixed it so it's normal font now! :D

Cool that you made the font larger. It was a bit small but I have a large screen so no worries.  Those with phones, yeah..... no doubt too small.

Good Chapter addition.   The recruits are getting into dangerous territory now especially with Valorian being on the list.  I'm ready for your next chapter.  Thanks!

Warning: This chapter has the most sexual content so I apologize in advanced if your not into that type of thing. D:

Chapter 40: Rhorf the Great

Rayne.

I had been procrastinating doing my mile in the pool, still perturbed about the odd interaction at the round-table meeting earlier. I felt a hand trace my back as I walked to the pool a few hours after the meeting, “Would you like to go on a date with me tonight?” I looked up to find Zane smiling down to me. 

I pushed my hair behind my ear, “Uh, yeah. I just have to do my mile in the pool.” I said, timidly. 

His sweet breath in my ear, “That’s a good girl.” I blushed, I could tell he was already treating me like I was little, “I’ll see you at 7 then, hm?” He squeezed my side as I nodded and he turned around, going the opposite way than me.  

I swam to the end of the pool where the edge of the glass was, seeing the water rush to the glass wall, hitting it with a crash. I had finished my mile, but I wanted to look out the glass wall. I treaded in the water, looking out to space, my hand pressing on the glass, wondering what the future would hold for me, for Zane. My eyes focused on the far away stars and planets in the distance. Darkness surrounded the brightly lit Milkyway Galaxy that the Intergalactic Space Station was nearest to. I wondered what other galaxies were still not discovered? Life was always evolving, and so were we. I hadn’t been to any other planets besides Earth and Hanna. There was so many planets I wanted to explore, to experience.  

I couldn’t lie, I was scared of the future, but it thrilled me in ways I couldn’t explain. I wanted to be a spy, I wanted to be in the action and I wanted to experience things first hand. I was close to secrets that no one spoke about, no one saw; I just could feel it.  

I turned my head, quickly, hearing someone sit down on a bench in the pool area. I found Zane’s blue eyes, that had been watching me for longer than I knew. I hadn’t even heard him come in; he was silent. He placed his elbows on his knees, leaning towards me on the bench, fully dressed. He looked ready for our date. I looked at the time on my watch. Well, fuck, I spent longer than I thought I would in here.  

“You’re fine, we’ll get you cleaned up and ready.” Zane smiled, “You can play for ten more minutes.” He looked at his watch, scratching his chin. Play.As if I were a toddler. I blushed, swimming near the ladder to get out. I looked around the room, noticing that we were completely alone. There was another officer in here earlier but she left when I was about halfway done with my mile. 

“No, I was just finishing.” I climbed up the ladder, walking over to the bench he was sitting on. His eyes traced up my legs, to my face as I walked over to where my towel was, right next to him. I scrunched water out of my hair as I looked down, seeing my UGNF bathing suit. It was a dark blue one piece that was a bit too small and was tight around my bottom. I walked closer as he picked up the dark grey towel, enveloping me in it and patting me down. I took in a waft of his cologne, trying to stifle a smile at the intoxicating scent.  

“I can do it, Zane. I’m not a little kid.” I said it with an edge to my voice. Zane paused, stepping back and meeting my eyes with a blank expression. 

“Are you sure about that?” He asked, eyeing me closely, not believing me. 

I grabbed the towel from him, “Pretty sure about it.” I took the towel and patted my legs and grabbed my shorts, jumping into them quickly and slipping on my flip-flops. I wanted him to know I was a big girl tonight. I wanted something a little more grown up than a diaper between my legs tonight and I had to express that to him. And did I really just say big girl? Thank god I didn’t say that out loud; it would not have been persuasive. 

“You’re going to have to prove it, babygirl.” He said, trailing closely behind me as I walked out of the swimming room. I walked quickly, his long strides catching up near me and slipping his hand in mine as we walked.  

I went into my room, noticing Gemma was gone. She said she was going to the club earlier so she was probably already hitting on some girl at this point. I went over to my dresser as I could feel Zane still close behind me.  

“You need to take a shower first, baby.” 
I looked up at him as he pressed against me from behind, “Wow, I didn’t know that. Thanks.” Sarcasm leaving my mouth to quickly. I was obviously going to take a shower; I just liked picking out what I was going to wear first. 

I felt a rumble of a chuckle as his body was pressed against me, his hands traveling down my sides.  

He kissed my jawline as his warmth was against me. It tickled as his light kisses went down my neck. I was becoming quickly hot and bothered as his hands pulled my shorts down, letting them fall to the ground.  

A moan escaped my lips as he smiled, his lips brushing my ear, “You haven’t been very convincing, Rayne.” I blushed, well, I was only a trapped puppy in his arms at this point. 

I said softly, “I’m a big girl though.” Woops, it slipped out.  

He laughed loudly, throwing his head back, “Mm, is that so?” He asked, slipping my straps of the bathing suit off, helping my arms out of the bathing suit.  

“Yeah.” He had my body getting excited as my bathing suit fell down to the ground. I was completely naked with him fully dressed.

“Then go take a shower.” He said, firmly, as he stepped away from me, slapping my bottom and making me jump, feeling the sting linger for a moment. I frowned at him, crossing my arms over my breasts. He smirked, cocking his head at me. 

I sighed, walking passed him to the shower. I took the quickest shower ever. Within three minutes, I was in and out, drying myself, brushing my hair and wrapping my body in a towel as I walked out. Zane was sitting on our purple futon with my clothes set on the edge of the couch. 

I walked over to my dresser, ignoring the fact that he picked out my clothes. 

“Rayne, come here.” He said, sternly, as if I were in trouble. I hesitated, meeting his eyes, as my breathing hitched. I was, admittedly, excited by him and wanted to do something that was naughty. I walked over, shyly. He smirked as he took my towel from me and I covered my breasts, again. I looked at the clothes he had picked out. A pair of dark grey leggings, a black flowy tank top, and a black wireless bra. I looked at the underwear he chose. Light pink cotton underwear, probably one of my littler kid-like underwear. I was secretly hoping he’d have picked one of my thongs, but, obviously, he was still acting like I was a toddler.  

He helped me into the bra as I awkwardly tried to cover myself. He pulled the tank top over my head, kissing my forehead and I wiggled after he pulled down my tank top, his gentle hands gliding down my sides. His hand gliding down to my bottom, and then, in a quick scoop, picking me up so I was on his lap, facing him, my bottom half still exposed.  

That’s when I made my move, inching in close to kiss him. He kissed back, teasingly. We began making out, as he slowly brought me onto my back. My neurons getting excited as his hands explored my body, gently touching my hips and making their way lower. I squirmed underneath him, getting hotter as his touches were getting close to my sweet spots. He grazed kisses along my jaw line and I moaned as he dipped his fingers lower and began feeling tingles.  

He stopped, licking his fingers, “Someone’s very wet.” I blushed, still finding it odd he kept licking his fingers after touching me. My face was red as he continued kissing my neck and moved his way down. My breathing stopped as his kisses landed on my hip bones and went lower. I moaned, getting very, very hot and bothered. 

He paused, “Hm, has little Miss Rayne been a good girl?” 

I sighed, frustrated, “Yes, she has.” I quivered under him as his arm rested on my inner thigh. 

He cocked his head, “I think she’s been naughty, but we’ll deal with that issue later.” He said, teasingly, as he began kissing lower. Moans escaping my lips. He went lower, my legs trembling as he went farther down, kissing my princess parts and tending to my excited self. Moans became louder as I experienced a new high. Whatever he was doing, he was experienced at it. Minutes passed and I almost thought I peed myself at one point. I had never done anything like this and it was unexplored territory for me.

He stopped, licking his lips as he got up, “Let’s get you changed.” Wasn’t I supposed to return the favor? Isn’t that how these things worked? I didn’t know, I awkwardly sat there. He paused before he began putting my feet through the leg holes of my panties, “What’s wrong little one?”

“Uh, sorry, I’ve never done this all before is all.” His eyes studied me, confused, “Aren’t I supposed to, I don’t know…” I looked at his pants where he was obviously packed. 

Zane caught my glance and chuckled with a shake of his head, “No, Rayne. We still have a long while until I let you do anything like that.” He slipped my legs into the underwear and had me stand up. Then he helped me into my leggings. 

“That’s not fair though.” I said, looking up at him. I didn’t want to be a ‘pillow princess’. I wasn’t one to take this much and not give back, after all.

Zane looked down, a blank expression on his face, “Is that so?” He smiled, eyes dancing playfully. I looked innocently up to him and a moment later he sighed, taking a step away from me, “Are you ready?”

I blushed, shrugging, “I guess.”

Minutes later we were in the glass elevator going down to SpacePark. I rolled my eyes, turning away from Zane. Of course our date was at a kids place. Ugh. He just couldn’t stop regressing me, could he?

He grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the elevator to the ticket booth. I looked past the booth to the areas of the park. Space Crater Mini Golf. Lost Planet Maze. Galactic Arcade. Area 51 Lasertag. Orion’s Belt GoCrafts. Zoom Zoom! Coaster.

“Two standard adult tickets please.” Zane said, glancing at me as I looked at the signs of where to go for certain rides or activities. After he picked up the tickets he asked, “Where do you want to go first, baby?” I melted a little when he said ‘baby’. As we walked, I looked under me as kids and adults screamed on the Zoom Zoom!Coaster glowed neon green and blue below us. It sloped up near where the wall ends and the coaster disappeared. 

An hour and a half later we began at the mini golf, found the lost planet and then found ourselves in the arcade. Zane gave me a few tokens, winking at me and I blushed, looking down at one glowing blue translucent token with a retro alien symbol on it. He had this way of embarrassing me so easily with little things. I felt like such a child with tokens in my hand, looking at games to play as he followed me around. I glanced at a few games: Intergalactic Conquest: Mini GamesSave the Earthlings!,Algorf OrfsAtara’s Quest. I bit my tongue when I passed Save the Earthlings. The game hologram preview showed, what looked like Valorion ships, surrounding the planet, ready to destroy it. 

“What’s wrong, honey, do you need to use the potty?” Zane touched the small of my back and I shook my head, a bit annoyed at that game. I did need to use the restroom, but I was shaking my head because I was, if anything, mad with some things of the galaxy. My prime example being that game. Zane caught my glance as I looked away, walking towards the claw machines in the far back corner of the arcade. 

Zane won me a fluffy light blue Feluzzle toy. Feluzzles were the most popular stuffed animal around the galaxies and had big black sparkly eyes and wide fluffy legs, kind of like an Earthling bear but much cuter, in my opinion. 

We ended on the famous Zoom Zoom!Coaster of the Intergalactic Space Station. It was one of the landmarks of the station and everyone who had ever visited the Intergalactic Space Station rode on it. 

Zane squeezed my hand as we walked down the stairs to the ride. After twenty minutes of waiting, we made it to the front of the line. He had me sit on a seat and buckled me and my new toy in, then brought the railing down and pulling on the dark green straps to double check his work. I huffed at him and he winked back at me. Nethander was right about one thing: Zane was definitely a control freak at times. 

He sat in the only other seat if my row. My feet dangled under me and I looked ahead of us, past the fellow riders, seeing a dark hole covered with stars. The ride clicked and the seats quite literally zoomed forward. For a few moments, all you could see were twinkling stars in the darkness as we were going up on an incline, and then, we were above the mall for a few moments, looking down to a few tourists. The coaster dropped down, into a dark abyss with green neon lights, as I felt a tickle in my stomach from the sudden drop. A few more moments passed, and darkness completely enveloped us. Then, the coaster was on the edge of the Intergalactic Space Station. The only thing between us and space was a piece of indestructible glass. 

I looked down, my feet dangling as I could see the beautiful Milkyway Galaxy and stars dotting the sky. I heard tourists with us ‘ooooooh’ and ‘wow’ as it almost felt like we were in space, minus the factor of impending doom and lack of oxygen. It was breathtaking. A moment later, we were ending our ride, going under the entrance of the SpacePark and coming to a sudden halt at the beginning. 

I hugged my Feluzzle to my chest as we walked back to Zane’s room, “I think I’m going to name him Rhorf.” Rhorf, named after the old emperor of the ancient Reorfs. I read about him in Galactic History in high school. Reorfs weren’t the nicest, nor most pleasant, but he helped thousands of Reorfs rights to other planets. Reorfs were once banned from many planets up until Rhorf decided to join the UGN many, many years ago in order to help discrimination between Reorfs and other creatures alike. 

Zane raised his eyebrows with a chuckle, “Oh, really?” He paused, his mind musing, “I had a feeling you already named it.” He held his door open to his room as I stepped inside.

“Lay on my bed, babygirl.” He said, behind me as he went into his bathroom. 

I huffed, jumping on his bed with Rhorf. I held Rhorf up above me, staring back at my new cute Feluzzle. Zane set a diaper and powder next to me on the bed with a smile placed on his face as he looked at me, content. Sometimes I craved to read Zane’s thoughts like an amphibian could, or I guess technically, in Zane’s case, couldn’t. 

I wondered how was his brother doing, Was Zane sad? Was he angry? How was his mom doing with the news? So many questions, yet I didn’t want to bring his thoughts back to dark things when he looked so happy, the happiest I ever see him, when he babied me. If I could help distract his thoughts from this cruel universe, I’d do it every moment I could.

I hugged my new toy as he took off my leggings and underwear. He patted my bottom and I raised it as he slid a fluffy diaper under me. He patted powder on my princess parts and then taped the diaper snugly on me. His eyes were glowing playfully as he tickled my sides and I giggled, turning onto my tummy and crawling away from him.

“Where do you think you’re going, little one?” He grabbed my ankle, tickling my sole. I tried to suppress my laugh but giggles escaped. He lunged on top of me, pinning both my arms above my head and tickling my sides with his electric touch. 

I couldn’t stop laughing, and, of course, my bladder was full as I squirmed underneath him, “Zane, stop it! You’re going to make me wet!”

“That’s not hard for you to do.” He growled lowly with a smile on top of me as he kept tickling. Ugh, he had a point. Within a minute, warmth invaded my once dry diaper and I couldn’t stop it from filling as his hand poked my ribs and armpits. 

After a few minutes, Zane scooped me into his arms in a cradle, kissing my forehead. The feeling of comfort, safety enveloping my senses. I felt so tiny, so babyish in his arms as I hugged Rhorf. His eyes danced happily, tracing my face, one hand playing with my hair. 

“I love you, Rayne Griff.” He said, softly. I blinked, surprised. He loved me? Out of all the girls he could choose, he chose me. And he lovedme. A deeper love that others wouldn’t understand. Did he really love me? I wasn’t a lovable person, I didn’t think. 

The last time I felt a bond this deeply was from my own parents. Love was infinite concept to me. In a way, Zane felt like a parental figure to me, was that weird? He was definitely a ‘daddy’ to me, and thinking of that made me tingle in good places. I blushed at the thought. 

A few moments passed and I didn’t realize that he was watching my reaction, his face becoming blank quickly.

“I love you, Zane Vandore.” I said, timidly, back. I blinked, again, realizing I said his real last name. Was it his real last name? Shit, maybe I just ruined the moment.

A mystified look flitted across his face, “How did you know?” As if I knew something deeper about him.

I shrugged, “I just heard Red say it earlier, that’s your last name isn’t it?” His body went stiff, face blank again. Was he hiding something? I didn’t understand the sudden change in mood. 

“Yes.” He said, solemnly as his jaw tightened and his teeth shifted. 

“You don’t have to talk about it, Zane.” I said, crawling off his lap and sitting in an Indian position in front of him. I wanted him to be happy, and I obviously struck some chord the wrong way. Well, great, I ruined a pleasant moment. Mission failed.

Zane’s phone buzzed and his stone cold expression that was fixed on me relaxed, as he sighed, picking up his phone, “Hello?” He sat straight up, tapping his leg impatiently, “Really? At this time?” He was blatantly mad.

“Fine, I’ll meet you there at 9.” He said, his teeth gritting.

“Who was that?” I asked, blushing that I was still in a wet diaper in front of him. Reality checking me once again. I looked down to the pastel purple diaper with butterflies sprinkling it. 

Zane caught my glance with a smile, “Nethander. He said that him and I are being summoned to an important round-table meeting in a half an hour.” He paused, looking down at my diaper, “Let’s get you changed, crinkle butt.” I blushed at the comment. Crinkle butt. That was embarrassing.

A minute later he was untaping my diaper, and taking Instant!warm wipes to my bottom. I squirmed at his gentle touches tickled my bottom. He took the wet diaper out from under me, replacing it with a fresh one. He sprinkled me with powder and taped the diaper on.

I asked, as he stood up, grabbing my leggings from the floor, “Do you know what the meetings about?” 

Zane shook his head with a frown, “I have no idea. It’s rare that I’ve been called this late, unless it were that important.” Why wouldn’t I have been called too? I thought we were all usually called together in the Elite Division. My mind was questioning the odd late night round-table meeting. 

Zane helped me into my leggings and patted my bottom afterwards. He opened his door, leading me back to my room. I felt a slight waddle with each step and I blushed, wondering if anyone could see I was diapered. I pulled my black tank top down in a self-conscious state. Zane smirked, looking down at my awkward self. I didn’t want to think about how ridiculous I looked at the moment. I had a thick diaper under leggings and a Feluzzle, that only young ones played with, in one hand as I walked down the hall with Zane. If anyone that we knew saw me, I would be partially mortified.

“I love you, and I’ll see you tomorrow, babygirl.” Zane kissed my forehead, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. I looked up, my lip quivering. I didn’t want him to leave. I wanted to cuddle with him tonight to sleep, not sleep alone. 

“I love you, too.” I stood on my tiptoes, asking for a kiss. He half-smiled, something unfamiliar behind his eyes as he reached down, tilting my chin up with one hand, and kissing me on the lips. 

Gemma was in the room when I went inside, sitting on the futon eating a container of ice-cream and watching a Space Cinema movie on our wall, obviously sad. Her dark purple eyes glowed happily as she turned her head to look at me, “Rayne!!! I was wondering where you went!” 

I smiled, “I went on a date with Zane, sorry I forgot to send you a message.” I scratched my head and walked over to our beds. 

“Why are you back so soon?” Gemma asked, standing up and placing her ice-cream container in the freezer pod. Usually, when I was with Zane I spent the night. Maybe she was expecting me to be gone for the night.

I shrugged, “Zane and Nethander were called to a round-table meeting tonight.” I huffed as I sat on my top bunk, throwing Rhorf on and pulling my fuzzy white blanket over me in frustration, shifting as I felt the soft padding of the diaper under me. 

Gemma came up to my top bunk, sitting near my feet and touching my leg, “That’s stupid to have this late.” 

I stared at the ceiling, “Tell me about it.”

“Did you guys go to third base yet?” Her eyes studied me, curiously sparkling.

I blushed, “No, Gem.” I shook my head. 

“What did you guys do tonight then?” She asked, interested. I glanced at her face and she caught my look, “No way, little innocent Rayne did something, didn’t she?” 

She tickled my foot and I pulled it away, “Yes, Gemma, we did.” 

“A hand-job? Blowie? Cunninglus?” She asked as I covered my face with my blankets.

“I’m not telling you.” I muffled under my blanket. 

“Let me guess.” She said as she climbed over me, pulling my blanket away, “Cunninglus, wasn’t it?” Her light purple face was glowing as she studied my reaction, “Wow, Zane has the moves, doesn’t he?” She said, more to herself, surprised. How could she tell so easily? I didn’t understand the enigma that was Gemini sometimes. 

I mumbled, “Gemma, I really do want to talk about it tonight.” 

She climbed off my top bunk, “It’s okay, Rayne, I won’t tell anyone. Our little secret.” She paused, her sweet honey voice spilling, “And I won’t tell anyone about what your wearing tonight either.” I looked down to her as she winked. I buried myself into my blankets, again, in embarrassment. I had a feeling someone would see a difference in how my butt looked in these leggings. At least it was one of the only other people I trusted with that secret.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ELLIE52 said:

@Lionsheart  Another great chapter, but you forgot to update the Title line with new chapter and date today!  Thanks so much for posting again.

*slaps self in face* I apoligize, I posted this chapter in the morning when I just woke up and my brain wasn't working properly without my usual fix of coffee. Thanks for the reminder, I appreciate it and the feedback!:)

I'm attempting to post one chapter a day but I may be posting two for the next day because my next one is shorter.  We're coming close to some big rising actions/developments of the story so tighten those seat belts boys and girls. ;)

Chapter 41: The Spark That Lit the Flame

Rayne.

The next morning, Zane and Nethander disappeared. No one from the UGNF said anything about it. That must have meant they were okay right? I could only hope.

We all met in training that morning, on a Thursday, without Zane.  

Python greeted us, “We will have a whole day about awareness, mind challenging and focusing. None of you are gifted, in which that presents a challenge when dealing with amphibians.” His thick European accent chopping the sentence, “Amphibians, or any gifted telepaths alike, will target you on missions. Any piece of information that slips will be used against you.” I couldn’t think about this right now. I was worried about Zane. Where was he? 

Zane is okay, Griff. Focus on your tasks today.

Pythons voice was in my head and I blinked to him, mentally taking a sigh of relief.   

Derren asked, “What do you mean by gifted, exactly?” He wasn’t the brightest bulb in the pack that had become apparent as the weeks went by. How did he not connect the gift of amphibians to other people having different abilities?  

“The ability to block telepaths from getting into your head. Only one person in your group has the ability and, unfortunately, for you all, he’s not with us today.” Python said, sea green eyes changing to a light blue as his eyes constricted.

Ryo fell on the ground, yelping in pain. Derren placed his hands on his ears saying, “What is that noise?!” What noise was he even referring to? We all heard nothing, looking at him in confusion.  

A moment later, I couldn’t feel anything below my neck, falling to the floor. Eli’s long arms caught me as I fell back, softening my blow to the floor and I blinked in response. What, in hell, was happening? 

I could only look up at Eli’s face as he became panicked, “Rayne, are you there?” I tried blinking, but couldn’t. My brain wasn’t communicating with my body. I was paralyzed.  

Eli began trembling, falling on the floor, seizing. Gemma was frozen in place, half lunging to Eli, eyes wide open looking at him. All we could hear is sporadic movements from Eli, Derren yelling and Ryo whimpering in pain. Moments passed, then, in a snap, we all came back to our senses. I sat up, quickly, in confusion.  

“Amphibians have the power to control you. That was only a small taste of what’s out there. You don’t have the gift to stop that, but you can still control how you react mindfully or block thoughts.” He paused, looking around the room, “When you are on assignments, you must act like every single person can read you. Never let your guard down, not even for a split second, because before you know it, you can be on the ground or frozen in place just like you were right now.” Python eyed us all with a serious expression on his face.

An hour passed as we kept being continuously controlled and then released.  

Python said, “Rayne, you’re imperceptible. You’re dismissed.” I was the first one released from training after an hour. I thought it was a test, I thought nothing of it as I sat there, still acting like I was this ‘Mara Everton’ in my head.  

Python smiled, for the first time ever, “Good job, Rayne. You passed my test. Leave, now.” I, hesitantly, left the room, seeing Gemma sweating as I passed her. She proved to have the hardest time on this training day in particular. She was an honest person, that’s just how she was raised, and it was a challenge for her to act like Stella Nebula, her new profile. She was still from Zena, there was no way of hiding that, but she had to act like someone she wasn’t and I had to give her props for being her true self, no matter what the case. 

A week passed slowly without Zane. I kept getting dismissed early by Python because I apparently ‘grasped the concept well’ so I had more time by myself, which was bad because I had more time to think.  

That week we also all had our Helix implants. The only fun part of them was hanging up on Eli with the blink of my eye whenever he called to see what Gemini and I were up too. We practiced our group chats and had to keep telling Ryo to turn his mic down because we could hear his breathing in our ears. One night, Eli called me in his sleep and I could hear him sleep talking. I hung up on him in a grumble, falling back to sleep.

I spent most of my time in the UGN library, reading digital articles. Many of them were restricted, in which I could hardly read anything. Instead, I read about instinct creatures on different planets, planet immigration laws, and how Earth was projected to lose most of its inhabitants completely within 50 years. Great reading material. Just wonderful. I wanted to read about human trafficking, discrimination, battles and assignments of the UGN and, of course, anywhere around that subject was restricted. 

After the week of hell, Zane returned, a different person. He wouldn’t talk about where he went to me or even, for that matter, what he did, unless someone asked him in front of me.  

“So, Zane, where were you last week?” Eli asked as he stabbed his barbeque chicken in the cafeteria. 

I looked up, curiously, to Zane, “Valorion.” He said, looking down at his phone, as if he didn’t want to talk to anyone. He was cold ever since he came back, even to me; I didn’t understand it. What had happened? 

“Woah, I’ve heard some things about there. What was it for?” Eli kept going, even when Zane made it clear that he wasn’t looking to talk to anyone.  

Nethander spoke, “That’s classified information in which we are not permitted to share at this moment.” He had a irritated tone to his voice, before getting up, and leaving the table. Zane didn’t say a word, his mouth a line as he read an article on his phone. I glanced at his phone, the screen completely black from my angle. God, of course he had a private screen on his iGlass phone. 

A few days passed of this weird vibe we all got from Zane and Nethander. I visited the library more frequently than ever, since I kept being dismissed early from training. I read, greedily, searching for secrets of the universe or things beings on planets couldn’t know. I crossed many articles and found where the restricted top-secret articles about alien abductions were. The article looked to be loading, and then a dark restricted screen appeared, requiring iris recognition to access, and I threw my head back in frustration.  

“I can give you access.” Nethander said, looking over my shoulder. I jumped, not noticing he was behind me, “You just can’t tell Zane that I let you access the restricted articles.” Why would Zane care? He was distant the past week anyways, why did he factor into the equation? 

I said, “Trust me, one white lie won’t hurt him.” Nethander paused, looking at me with a contemplative expression. He looked indecisive for a moment, a thought flitted across his face, confusing me. For a moment, I thought he was about to take back his offer. He hesitated, then quickly took the reader from my hands and looked into the screen, hundreds of pages of reading material appearing.  

Little to say, that day I stayed in the library for eight hours, reading articles I should have never picked up. I read about mysterious disappearances of people, young adults and even matured adults, from every single planet. One of the only planets with the least inhabitants affected was Valorion.  

My eyes flicked over an article title on my ‘suggested articles’ page. I almost scrolled over it, until I curiously scrolled back up, clicking on it curiously.

SEQUOIA AIRSPACE AND THE LINK TO HUMAN TRAFFICKING  

If I could go back in time, I would have stopped myself. I would have told myself to get out of there and don’t turn back. Yet, I was curious. Curiosity killed the cat; but I was no cat.  

I read, in complete shock. The UGN knewabout Sequoia Airspace trafficking humans but they didn’t do anything. Supposedly, they ‘couldn’t’ do anything yet. Disgust filled me. They didn’t have direct evidence pointing to have a legal battle. The airspace wasn’t a licensed airspace by Valorion.

AN INTERVIEW WITH BOT 1000292010 

One writer spoke about how she interviewed one of the rescued bots at a Sequoia Airspace event. The bot didn’t remember anything of her past and was confused during the whole interview. After a DNA test, they found the bot was from Earth. Earth? I reread the lines. I felt sick to my stomach as I put my hand over my mouth. 

Who would do that to these poor people? The sickest part was: it wasn’t the first bot that this journalist interviewed. The journalist interviewed many other Earthlings and even Hannans who were taken and stripped of any personality to become these ‘bots’ who would be, basically, sex slaves, services, laborers and, even, role players such as… adult babies? That one made my hair stick up on my arms. I squinted, rereading the lines as if I must have read something wrong. Adult babies. Disgust filled me again. It was one thing to consent to being someone’s baby, to roleplay; however, it was entirely different story if these Sequoians were abducting people and making them do things of this sort.    

I blinked and went away from the page, quickly, as I saw, in the corner of my eye, Zane approaching. He caught me in surprise, this being one of the first days he was initiating a conversation since he came back. 

“You’ve been here all day, haven’t you?” Zane said, leaning down to kiss me on the head as he glanced at the article I was reading. Zane was suddenly being warm and caring to me once again. The distant, cold Zane must have gone on vacation. 

AQUARIA JOINING VALORION IN DRAFTING NEW ALIEN IMMIGRATION LAWS

He took the reader away from me, logging me off, “I think it’s time for you to go to sleep Rayne. It’s already 10, waaaaay past your bedtime.” Zane looked down to me.  

I nodded to him, not saying anything. I couldn’t let him know what I read. By Nethander’s warning, I knew Zane would be pissed.

A few days passed and I couldn’t stop thinking about what I read. It, quite literally, kept me up all night. I could hardly sleep. I went up to the restricted floor of the UGN on a Saturday morning. I had to get a manual override on the elevator. I had never been to his office before, but it was important.  

This had been the first time I had ever felt sostrongly about something. There were kidnapped, tortured souls that were being sold to these ‘buyers’ around the galaxies every week, even as we speak. It was sickening, undeniably disgusting. Something needed to be done. Something needed to change. Life was precious. The most expensive thing in the universe was time, and that was being taken from these people, creatures. 

I paced the hallway near Red’s room that morning and ended up knocking on his door. He said, “Come in.”

I walked in as he sipped coffee and typed on his iGlass tablet. He looked up at me, surprised, “Griff, what brings you up here this early?” 

I said, pacing in his office, “Why does the UGN know about human trafficking at the Sequoia Airspace and hasn’t done anything about it?” My voice, unwavering.

Red coughed after taking another sip of his coffee, shocked, “How do you know that information, Griff?” He asked as he eyed me.

“Why am I not allowed to access that, but everyone else is?” I asked Gemini and Eli the day before to try to access the files and they had no problem.

“Because…” He paused, looking unsure to tell me what was next, “I had an agreement with someone in which you would have restricted access to those articles.”

“Who?” I asked, confused.

Red eyed me, “You could make an educated guess on who.” That was code for Zane

I shook my head, rolling my eyes, “Of course.” I sat in the chair across from Red, feeling betrayed by the person I trusted the most. Why would Zane do that? He couldn’t hide me from the world. He just couldn’t.

Red paused, thoughtfully, “The UGN has a contract with the Sequoia Airspace in which we can’t legally intercept with their transactions.” Transactions. As if these humans were just products. “We need solid evidence to provide to shut down the airspace but it’s too risky of an assignment in which the UGNF council decided to pull the plug on it entirely.” He paused, carefully choosing his words, “In the past, we sent officers to go undercover as buyers in these events. The last group we sent never came back. They were caught, somehow, and, poof, disappeared; hence why the assignment was halted.” He said in a simple matter-of-fact way.  

“Has anyone been sent there to become a bot?” I asked, looking at him. 

Red’s eyes flashed with wonder, “No. It would be too risky and deadly, even.”  

“Don’t they have a removable memory block?” I asked. I knew they did from what I read. I read how traumatized the rescued bots were who had it removed; I knew. I just wanted to throw my ‘dumb’ card into play to see how much I could trust Red. Apparently, my trust had lay with the wrong person entirely.  

Red said, “Yes, but many people have died from the Sequoians performing the operation to place the memory block. People’s bodies have rejected the orthopedic appliances that are inserted into the bodies of these new ‘bots’.” He shook his head, “Not to mention, supposed ‘abnormal’ bots are terminated. If the abducted being is not functioning appropriately, they are terminated immediately.” Disgusting. Terrible. I felt my blood rising to my face in repulsion. 

I shook my head, never hearing or reading that before, “Terminated?” Did that mean dead?  

Red shook his head, talking to himself, “I shouldn’t have told you that.” He waved his hand, “I think I may have said too much, Griff. You should go.” 

“I want to talk to the UGN counsel and Vix.” I said, getting up, “I would take that risk, Red. Send me in and I’ll become a bot.” I was completely serious. Dead serious.  

“You don’t understand the complexities of doing that, Rayne. That’s a suicide mission.” 

“I don’t, but I’m willing to do anything to save innocent lives. Those bots are people, like you and I, and we’re just sitting, waiting for them to be taken and terminated if they’re not good enough. As if they aren’t human.” I was beyond fired up, “It’s bullshit, and you know that as well as I do.” I said before storming out, not even glancing at his face.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Hopsalot said:

Ahh I have a theory now about what Zane was doing on valorian, he was possibly getting a job at sequoia airspace and didn’t want to talk about it because he was ashamed at how he had to act and how he had to treat the bots their maybe? But the project on valorian was cancelled.... soooo. Also I was curious on how nethandar can have a European accent if he’s from a different planet then earth entirely, maybe it just sounds European?

I like your theory, perhaps you could be right; I guess we will find out. And, yes, I didn't explain that too well. It *sounds* European. Many idealistic things came from the Earth, in which you all may or may not find out later, and have traveled through Hannan generations in which Zane and Rayne both understand when people reference southern or European accents, if that makes any sense? Haha. 

Another great chapter, rolling closer to where we came in. One thing: you've suddenly developed a habit of saying "in which" instead of just "which"; at least I think it is sudden as I have never noticed it before. In most cases, the "in" is not needed.

20 minutes ago, kerry said:

Another great chapter, rolling closer to where we came in. One thing: you've suddenly developed a habit of saying "in which" instead of just "which"; at least I think it is sudden as I have never noticed it before. In most cases, the "in" is not needed.

I purposefully have used it with certain characters such as Red so I apologize if I seeped it into other characters thoughts/words but I usually use just 'which' unless I accidentally write it. I'll try to be more mindful of it in the future, thanks for the heads up!:)

Earlier in the story, a few occurrences of      have went   should be   have gone        could have went   should be   could have gone for standard English.

So I just read and this is definitely headed back to where we began.  This time we will have a better understanding.

Edited by ELLIE52

Chapter 42: The Ledge 

Zane.

Roanoke walked around the table to where Nethander and I sat, “Who would like the Helix implanted first?”  

I sighed, “Sure.” I sat up as Roanoke tilted my head, his injector next to me. I closed my eyes, waiting for the sting. I stiffened as the cold metal incased my ear and a snap sounded with a sharp pain following it. It felt like I got shot in with ear, quite frankly. I winced as I felt warmth from my blood surrounding the area. I saw a drop fall on the table.  

I felt a cool gel be spread over my ear, “That will heal fully in an hour with this serum.” Serum? I had read things about healing serum, produced by the same manufacturers of the Helix, Amaranthine. They were a Valorion based manufacturer that only distributed products on Valorion and had only recently been distributing to other planets in the past few decades, but at high expenses. Only the wealthiest could purchase their healing serums, antiaging formulas, and medical equipment.  

They were known all across the galaxies as the top medical research facility with the greatest unexplainable advancements in healthcare. From what I read, they had medical advancements that could regenerate organs, extremities and cells. The UGN had never supported their medical innovations, yet had requested formulations and information on the company in order to give UGN patent of approval. Only planets who had a planetarium permit or had a written agreement with Valorion’s medical sales could sell the products. Technically, any Amarathine products were illegal intergalactically, unless only strictly for transportation to distribute at other planets. Did those permits change with the UGN recently? Apparently, they did.  

Within minutes, I could feel sweet relief from the burning pain I had from the implant. My ear felt sore, but the sharp pain disappeared slowly.  

“Testing.” I heard Aries say in my ear after Nethander received his implant. 

“Good.” I could hear Nethander voice louder as he was the nearest to me.  

“This Helix focuses on brain waves and neural stimuli so you can turn the volume down and up, end calls, start calls, record what you hear or say, direct calls to your phone, mute yourself, etc without saying or physically touching it. The list goes on and on and you can find all of the functions within your manuals.” Aries said in our ears. 

Great, another way people could contact me. Sometimes I just wanted to be alone, to be away from the world. My happy place is with Rayne, no other distractions. Yet I have another thing that’s taking me away from my happy place. 

The only thing keeping me sane was being with her and knowing she was okay. If I could be with her to protect her, that’s all that mattered. Not my life. I was a coward deep down. I was scared, no, terrified of what the future held ever since last weeks morning round-table meeting. I loved Rayne to death and wanted her to follow her dreams, but she didn’t know what she was getting into. Rayne didn’t know the things I knew, the terrible, awful things. I wished, deep down, that she had fought with Vix last week and got discharged. It would have been the best thing for both of us. She wasn’t meant to be here, as much as she wanted to be. She was naïve, adventurous, and brave and that combination was a recipe for trouble.  

She had already impressed Python, which was highly, I mean highly, difficult to do. Python wanted to pushher gift. To help her manifest it. He even asked me if I saw her manifest. I lied, telling him I didn’t see anything. 

“There’s something there, watch her, carefully.” Python eyed me closely. 

He couldn’t know about her. If he did, he’d do the same thing he did to me. I wouldn’t dare to imagine that. She was my precious, fragile baby and no one was going to hurt her. I wouldn’t allow it. Red even interrogated me, asking about any gifts. I gave him the same story. Lying was one of my best skills, which I wasn’t proud of. Who was I truly honest to at the end of the day? Not even myself. 

- - -

My eyes lit up when I saw Rayne walk in front me on the way to the gymnasium, late that evening. I quietly got closer, touching the small of her back. Her back stiffened as her bright green eyes met mine, flashing with animosity. Her pink pouty lips were in a line. There was a troubled look on her face as she increased distance between us as we walked.  

I cocked my head, confused, “Do we need to talk in private, Rayne?” She was on a mission to walk away from me as I walked briskly behind her, wondering where the sudden attitude came from. 

She ignored me, and that didn’t fly well with me. I grabbed her wrist and she twisted hers away from my grasp, “Get away from me.” A razor cutting the air, cutting me. I winced internally as her eyes glared at me, angrily. Where was this coming from? 

I held strong, even though that one stung, “Why are you acting like this?” I asked, sternly back. Her lip quivered, breaking her strong glare as she looked down, shaking her head, her raven black hair moving like a breeze went past us.  

“I thought I could trust you, and, obviously, I was wrong.” She began walking away, one of her hands a tight fist. It dawned on me; She was actually hurt. It wasn’t just an attitude that she carried with her every once in a while that required punishment. This was a side I had never seen from Rayne. It was distant, desolate and unfamiliar to me. 

I followed her, quietly, into the gymnasium and she pivoted quickly to face me, “Stop, Zane. Just leave me the fuck alone.” My eyebrows furrowed, hurt flashing across my face. I didn’t show my emotions often, but that one really hurt. I quickly put my mask on, blocking the pain and knowing what I had to do. We needed to talk about this. Whatever was going through her head must have been wrong.

“I’m not leaving until you tell me what’s on your mind.” I had to put my foot down. She had submissive qualities, deep down, that needed to be reminded of. She needed someone like me to tend to that side of her and, sometimes, her personality convinced me that she was bigger but even I had to remind myself who was the adult here. 

Rayne crossed her arms, looking at the ground. It took my greatest strength to not smile at how much she looked like a bratty toddler who didn’t get their way. If I weren’t trying to have a serious conversation, oh, she would’ve been over my lap in an instant.

A few moments passed in silence, “Tell me the reason why I can’t read certain UGN articles.” Her moss green eyes met mine, studying my face. My eyes traced her flushed cheeks to her tiny eyebrows knitting together at me. She was a true present for the eyes to behold, even when she was mad at me. 

I realized, soon after, I’d have to find an answer. She caught me, in one of my webs I delicately spun. She was smart and quick and must have asked Nethander or Red. Knowing Red, he probably said too much. He couldn’t be more honest with people and it was one of his best and worst traits. 

I chose my words carefully, understanding that her trust with me was on rocky turfs, “My father was part of the Senate in the Sequoia Capitol.” I blinked, realizing how vulnerable I felt for the first time in a very long time, “And, he met my mother, who was, not Valorion, in the slightest. Full Hannan bred.” Her eyes looked curious, I had caught her attention. I knew she liked stories, and this tale was one for the books. 

“What does this have to do with it?” She said quickly, like a baby snapping turtle. She was blatantly angry and rudely interrupting. My eyes flashed at her and she quietly awaited for me to continue. How cute, one look puts her back in line.

“It was frowned upon to date anyone not full-bred Valorion. In fact, it was illegal on Valorion, at the time.” Her attitude was fading and she looked intrigued, “So, my mother and father traveled to Hanna to marry in secrecy.” I paused, reliving the pain I felt as a kid, “One day, when I was 5, my mother found out that my dad had been murdered by a letter in the mail.” It was so long ago, and I was so young, but the memory never faded like I wish it did.

Her composure changed to timid, apologetic as I continued, “Ever since then, I swore to myself that I would protect the ones I hold dear from this unforgiving walk of life.” I said, solemnly, tiredly casting my gaze to Rayne. She shook her head, puzzling me on what she would say next.

“As much as you may think you can protect me, you can’t." I blinked, feeling the pain sting my heart by her words, "The day you met me, I was far gone.” 

9 hours ago, Hopsalot said:

Zane is totally in the wrong lying about her gifts, he’s holding her back from her true potential which would likely help her tremendously on missions

I did not and still do not agree with his actions either. In my opinion, if not for Zane, Rayne may have reached that true potential. Zane thinks he's protecting her, but maybe he's only making things worse? Who knows...surely not even the writer, herself ;)

I enjoy you're thoughts on the story, Hopsalot! 

Chapter 43: Falling

Rayne. 2 weeks later.

“What should we call ourselves?” Eli asked over the Helix.

“Red’s bitches.” Ryo said and I smiled as I sat at the table, trying not to laugh. I watched as the bright green grass was lightly rustled in the fall breeze as I sat at the coffee shop nestled in Glowfield, Valorion. 

Ever since we arrived, I have not been disappointed by Valorion’s beauty. Luscious, vast trees as far as the eyes could see. Water blue and as crystal clear as glass. The sand, on the beaches, as white as in the movies. In fact, I believe most Space Cinema movie locations were filmed on the beaches we landed near. The grounds as clean as can be, unlike many other planets. It was quite a stark comparison to Earth that had litter sprinkling the grounds and homeless people living on the streets. The roads were always in construction from lack of citizens working on them and not enough funding. 

Valorion had long stretches of forests, jaw-dropping bright cities that lit up the night sky and picturesque neighborhoods. Breathtakingly beautiful. The idea that heinously wrong things happened here was honestly lost once we landed. Just rumors in the dark abyss. It seemed so quiet, safe. Nothing screamed sketchy or out of the ordinary. It was the most beautiful planet I had visited thus far, and everything I saw was faultless, awe-inspiring.

“No, we need like a badass one, like the Seven something...” Gemma said over the Helix. 

“Magnificent seven?” I said, wondering if they even knew what I was referring too.

“I like that.” I could hear a smile in Zane’s voice as I glanced at him walking past me, into the coffee shop with Gemma, acting like he was flirting with her. 

Eli sat down in front of me, holding my hand, as if we were really dating.

Nethander spoke, “Magnificent 7 it is.” 

“Wasn’t that a movie or something that was remade like twenty times after the original?” Ryo asked.

Zane spoke, “Yes, exactly.” I drank my coffee as Zane and Gemini sat in front of us. Zane casting his gaze away, trying not to look at us. It must be weird, seeing his girlfriend act like she’s in love with someone else on an assignment. 

My eyes traced the stone walkway beyond the outside coffee shop tables as the Valorion sun shined down on my arm and leg. A human girl worker swept dirt from the stone, mindlessly. Apparently, it was so impeccably clean here that the only thing they could possibly sweep was dirt. I looked over to the elm tree near the walkway as a dark periwinkle sparrow sat on the tree, fixing its gaze to meet mine, then preceding to fly away. I had never seen so many forest creatures since being here, not even Hanna could compare.

“I’ve never been somewhere so captivating.” Gemma said, or who I should call, Stella. It had been our third day on Valorion and we all were still mesmerized by the place. 

Eli winked at me, “I’ve seen something more captivating.” I blinked, trying to shake off how cheesy that was. If this were how Eli was in relationships, I could see why he didn’t have a shot. 

“Aww, Scott.” I said, smiling as I bit my lip flirtatiously.  

“Ugh, I’ve had enough of you two.” Zane said, getting up and rolling his eyes. It took every ounce of self-control to not laugh. We were all trying to poke one another at this point. We weren’t going to break characters, but god was I close. If not for the few tables near us full of chattering Valorions, I would have smacked Eli for that comment. 

“So, you all are in for the concert tonight, right?” Gem asked us all. 

“You know it.” Nethander said, his dark tinted glasses made him look like he didn’t even care. It was our first real assignment tonight. Vix gave us a few days to get acquainted with Valorion, do some sight-seeing, and get adjusted to acting as our new profiles. 

Tonight’s mission was simple: go to the Zing concert and observe the targets that would be near our high-priced front row seats. We even had backstage passes to meet Zing. Great. The singer I hated the most I’d get to fangirl over. Just lovely. 

Strands of the newly bleached blonde in my hair got picked up in the wind, blowing softly as I watched Zane walking by himself down the sidewalk. My eyes followed him, looking at his well-developed arms as veins showed faintly as he held his coffee. He was so hot. It truly wasn’t fair. I wish I’d get to have some alone time with him soon; I wanted him to explore my body so badly.

Ever since I told him he couldn’t protect me, he’s been, for the most part, back to normal. He had dropped a lot of dominant qualities that I missed, to a point. I felt like I didn’t have to hide what I read from him anymore. I could tell he’d look over my shoulder to see what I was reading, but it was never anything to do with bots, human trafficking or the Sequoia Airspace. He had his secrets, and I had my own. 

Last week, before leaving to Valorion, I requested a meeting with Vix, Roanoke and Aries. My request was denied, twice, but then they finally accepted, understanding that I was persistent.

I knew it in my heart that Red did not approve nor agree with my idea two weeks ago. If it were any other officer, he may have considered it, but I knew, somewhere along the line, Zane held the reins on Red sending me somewhere dangerous. It didn’t need to be told to me, it became evident the way Red withheld information from me. I needed to change my path to achieving my purpose, and, unfortunately, it was going to have to be taken with Vix herself, even if it were behind Red’s back. 

I met her in her office, hesitantly opening the door out of my distaste for Vix. I walked in, finding Aries and Roanoke already sitting behind the desk with her. 

“What was so important in which you had to disrupt us on multiple occasions, Griff?” She could have not said that with more of an edge to her voice. How sweet. Aries smiled, motioning for me to have a seat. God, she was so sweet and humbling; her sister, an entirely different story.

I sat down in the velvet red chair, making direct eye contact with Vix, “I wanted to discuss a future assignment that I’d like to be part of.” Listen carefully, Vix.I thought directly to her. 

Her eyes constricted and dilated, as her blue lips shrinked into a flat smile, “That’s not how this works. We create the assignments, then assign what officer or officers we think are most beneficial.” I swallowed my distaste for her. Time to turn on my charm. 

I smiled, eyes twinkling, “With your approval, I’d like to resurface the Sequoian Airspace assignment.” The room fell silent, three sets of eyes not blinking. 

Then, Roanoke burst out laughing, shaking his head, “Please, do explain how you’re going to enter the assignment with your stature and descent.” Well, that was insulting, “Oh, dear girl, you have no idea the dangers that would hold for you.” Aries even had a small smile on her face as she looked like she was attempting to stifle a laugh.

My eyes squinted, switching to Vix, her face, stone serious, thoughtful. Was she actually considering it? The one person in the room who had the greatest disdain for me was finally showing me an ounce of compassion. Was I seeing this correctly? I’d had expected Aries to show the most support, but she was acting like it was only an idea that they would kindly decline. It was embarrassing how little they were taking this seriously. I wanted to walk out, but I held down in my seat, although every nerve in my body was suggesting this was a huge failure. 

“Roanoke, Aries, please leave.” Vix said, coldly. Roanoke stopped laughing and Aries looked confused, blinking. 

“I beg your pardon, Vix, but she requested a meeting with all of us.” Aries said in response; the first time I had ever heard even a sliver of anger from her. 

“I would like to talk to Griff in private.” Vix said, firmly. Roanoke cleared his throat and stood with Aries. They both walked out, with a moment of awkward silence following them. 

“Expand on your idea, Griff.” She turned her head, looking down at her iGlass tablet before her, typing as if I weren’t there. Well, great, obviously I don’t even have her attention anymore. 

I shook my head, standing up, “Forget about it.” I was an idiot for thinking that I could possibly persuade these people to go on my own assignment. 

I had my back turned to her as I heard, “Sit. As much as I detest your attitude; I believe in your purpose.” I turned my head, seeing her lock her tablet, and clasping her hands above it. She became attentive, making me feel a slight twinge of importance.

I sighed, mustering the last of my self-control to sit in front of her and be vulnerable to what I had to say, “Send me in as a bot.” I met her constricting eyes, holding her gaze evenly. 

She narrowed her eyes, saying nothing for a long moment, “After your assignment.” My eyes lit up, in surprise.

Did I sell my soul to the devil? Or was it to the cause? It was a complete suicide attempt, but I couldn’t stop it; I had already fallen off the ledge, with no one to catch me. 

55 minutes ago, Hopsalot said:

This is coming up pretty fast, and Vix’s eagerness for Rayne to do this assignment furthers my theory of Zane working on valorian to get a spot at sequoia airspace because it would mean they would need a bot and rayne volunteering is a perfect fit for vix.

Something I’ve been wondering now that we’re approaching the end/ the beginning again, when rayne wakes up with all her memories will she feel normal again or will they feel distant like someone else’s memories that she’s just reliving. My guess is she’d feel a little detached from them, and from her old self, and maybe slowly get back into it. But we will see!

We're about 6 or 7 chapters away from, quite possibly, the answers to many of your thoughts. I'm excited to hear your feedback after I post them! Haha. 

Chapter 44: Oh My Supernova

The concert was jam-packed with screaming teens and young adults as we weaved through the crowds to our seats, arriving slightly late because of Zane and Nethander. They were silently fighting about something that they weren’t letting anyone else in. When they got in the limo, they didn’t even speak a word to each other, Zane’s body rigid.  What could they even be fighting about? I honestly would never be able to guess it. 

As we approached our seats, I saw a few familiar faces from the images we were shown by Red in our virtual meeting earlier. Jake Sloan. A high-ranked, young Valorion politician. Why would he be at a Zing concert? Strange. His light green eyes caught my glance, trailing on me for a moment before seeing Zane.

He grinned, eyes flashing with familiarity, “Hey buddy! What are you doing here?” He got up from his seat, shaking Zane’s hand like a bro. How did Zane know who he was?

“Me and my friends from school got discounted tickets for being intergalactic students so we decided to go out tonight.” Zane said, smoothly. I looked at Jake, wearing light grey pants and a white dress shirt where he had his cuffs rolled up. He was tan and had a rugged look about him. He did not and would never strike me as a Valorion politician. 

Jake waved at us, “Hey, I’m Jake. Nice to meet you all.” He came around and shook everyone’s hands as we introduced ourselves. This was the only way I could tell he was a politician by how he introduced himself openly to us all. 

“Mara.” I smiled as he gently took my hand.

“Nice to meet you, beautiful Mara.” He said, with a bit of a husky sweet finish to his sentence. He was smoothly flirting, yet in a respectful manner. I could see, out of the corner of my eye, Zane watching carefully.

Eli cleared his throat next to me, “I’m Scott, Mara’s boyfriend.” He stood up straighter, becoming obviously protective of me. 

Jake blinked without emotion, transitioning quickly, “I apologize, you have a keeper there, good to meet you.” Eli’s face was unwavering as he shook Jake’s hand. Damn, Eli was good at faking being possessive. 

We met his other friends, our other targets, with him. Trident Blakely. Another high-ranked Valorion who was part of the Sequoia Capitol’s Senate. Olivian Quaraus. An amphibian Aquaria military general. It was beyond strange that these middle aged officers, minus Jake, were at a concert for young adults and teens. 

I listened into Zane’s conversation, curious. It only made sense now why Zane wasn’t in our virtual group meeting earlier.

“When do you graduate?” Jake asked after we all dispersed to our seats, besides Zane and Jake. 

“In two months.” The Omnipoint Amphitheater went silent as the main performer was about to begin. 

“And then you’ll have your masters of Political Sciences at UO?” Jake seemed to be very interested in Zane’s future. 

“Yes, thankfully its coming to an end. It feels like I’ve been in college forever.” Zane shook his head, as if he were stressed.

“It will be worth it, trust me. You’ll be in the same position as me in a blink of an eye, just like your brother.” Jake paused, “I’m going to go back to my seat, it was nice seeing you, bud.” He gave Zane a hand-shake half hug, patting Zane’s back, and walked away. Maybe he knew Zane through his brother? That was weird how normally Zane carried that conversation and how much they seemed like old friends.

My thoughts were distracted by Zing’s performance, making a dramatic appearance as he was on a hovering platform above the stage, fire underneath the platform to the beat of his first song. Eli’s hand touching the small of my back as the music played and I acted like it was the best music in the galaxies, singing the lyrics I memorized only an hour prior to the concert. I kept my mind aligned with how Mara would act, wondering when he’d go into one of her favorite songs, Twil Twil Ting. I watched his backup dancers, all young women with bob-cut light pink hair, matching Zing’s, as they danced with him. It was, to my surprise, a very entertaining performance they all put on that must have taken hours of practicing to get perfect. I despised his music, yet he put on a good show.

Zing looked like an alien, not from any planet. He most resembled a California Earthling, if anything. He had a beautifully sculpted face with high cheekbones, a pronounced chin, light sun kissed skin, and big lips. He looked youthful with glowing skin and makeup on. He had more feminine qualities about him than masculine and had gotten many surgeries to have those feminine features such as botox, lip injections, hair transplants, and facial reconstruction. 

A mesmerizing beat began playing half-way through the concert, “This is your favorite song, babe.” Eli said, leaning down to kiss me. I kissed back, trying my best not to be awkward. 

“Enchanted, you can’t run from the feeling.” He sang with a quicker beat following after the first minute of twil twil ting. Twil twil ting. 

“Hypnotizing, until you lose control.” I blinked away from the stage that had a hypnotic swirl on the wall screen. I looked behind me to the young adults and teens. Many of them stood there, watching the screen, completely spellbound to the music. I squinted, looking at their faces, becoming blank. I looked to Gemma and Eli, who had the same expression as them, staring at the screen. What the hell?I scanned in front of me, seeing Jake and his ‘friends’ wearing shades. 

Zane met my eyes, blinking at me and then at Zing. He was trying to tell me to not make a scene. Kind of hard when your friends are being hypnotized, wasn’t it?

The hypnotic wall screen disappeared as the song changed, Eli and Gemma blinking, as if nothing happened. A few more songs passed after I almost broke character. I slipped away from everyone, going to the restroom. I sat on the toilet, staring at the seat in front of me as I tried to regain my composure. I was pissed, angry. How could one singer hypnotize people at a concert and get away with it? Wasn’t that, like, illegal? Disgusting. I needed to get more information on this, stat. Maybe that’s why we were sent here. That must have been our purpose.

“OMS, did you see him look at me?” A girl said as I was in the stall. I rolled my eyes. OMS, a phrase a lot of younger kids used that stood for Oh My Supernova. I've heard many people across the galaxies say it, yet it sounded so weird. It was like the 21st century Earthling OMG but much worse, in my opinion. 

“Yea, it was soooo cool Angelica!” 

“Just think how jelly all our classmates are going to be in Hanna when we go back!” Oh god, Hannan girls trying to show their fellow students how ‘cool’ they are. Ugh. I just wanted them to leave the restroom. I put my hands on my face as I sat on the toilet, not even able to pee. 

I jumped, hearing a shriek from one of the girls, a few heavy thuds, and then silence. From the sound, they must have been tranquilized. I still had my bottom on the toilet, frozen like a statue. I heard silent footsteps in the restroom, and saw black shoes and black figures walk in through the stall. I was in the corner stall, quickly standing on my toilet, pulling up my underwear and pants. I was perched on my toilet, like an owl, trying to be as silent as I could. Thinking nothing. 

As panicked as I was, I needed to get out of this stall and back to my team. My whole body was stiff and I felt my hair standing up on the back of my neck as I sat there. I heard a grunt as it sounded like they were picking up the girls. It sounded like they left as I sighed, patting the sweat off of my forehead. I jumped, as the motion detector behind me went off and the toilet flushed. Thank the galaxiesthat hadn’t gone off earlier. 

What the hell was happening here? I saw more crazy shit in one night than in three days.

Fans being hypnotized. Innocent Hannan girls being kidnapped. Men in black who made people disappear.

I was beyond disgusted, but I couldn’t do anything. I didn’t have weapons, nor the knowledge of how to fight properly. All we had was our Helixes, which made me question our purpose. We didn’t have any microscopic cameras nor any other thing to record what we saw and that’s what I didn’t understand. Winona mentioned the microscopic cameras our first week, and then, poof, Vix became the new director and it was like that wasn’t a technology of the Galactic Forces anymore. 

The one thing that most angered me about our new director was: during our training we never received weapons to defend ourselves. Eli asked, and Vix chalked it up to the fact that we could be arrested in Valorion for having weapons on us. After all, Valorion had strict gun control and weapons laws. You had to have a permit for even having a small hand gun and that required 3 months of gun permit classes, a psych evaluation and a boards exam and then, just maybe, you finally are able to purchase a tiny hand gun that you can only have three bullets in and a long list of rules you must follow, or else, you can be arrested for gun misuse and lose that permit you spent so long to receive. It was incredibly difficult to get guns and keep them on this planet, hence why the crime rates were so low, even considered nonexistent. 

Weird, right? A planet that’s considered the most dangerous for UGNF spies is considered to have the lowest crime rate of all galaxies. Huh, odd. 

I wanted to scream, to run out of here and get my team away from this amphitheater as I walked. I saw the back of one of the girl’s captors walk through a black curtain near where my row was. I tucked my hair behind my ear, hesitating. Should I follow him, or should I go back to my seats? I shook my head, at myself, as I sighed, walking into the curtain with my mind telling me to turn around. 

There was a dimly lit dark purple hallway that went far back. I saw the man disappear to the right at the end of the hallway. I walked quickly, quietly as I followed him into another long hallway. The hallways smelled strange, like mold and vomit, as I walked. You could feel the vibrations of the concert through the walls and loud booming above. I must have been under the stage by the sounds I could hear and, even, feel. 

I halted near a staircase, hearing voices, “Earl, you idiot, we have to wait for Zing. He’s the ultimate decider of who we keep.” 

“Well no shit. I was just saying one was prettier than the others and he’s going to want that one.” I heard a thick southern accent. Want her for what? If it was anything close to what I thought, I might burst into the room and do something mildly stupid. I looked up the staircase and saw a door frame as light poured out of it near the edges, planning how I’d attack. 

“Y’all didn’t see any other good ones?” One of the other guys said. I decided against attacking; they had sleepers, and it wasn’t the best idea. I tried breathing as quietly as I could, switching my Helix into record mode. If I couldn’t save these girls, I could at least try to record evidence.

“Unable to record. No signal.” I heard a robotic voice faintly say in my ear. What the fuck? How was it not able to record? My Helix must have been jank. I tried again.

“Unable to record. No signal.” I shook my head, blatantly frustrated. All this effort to follow these idiots, yet my damn Helix can’t do it’s job? That’s ridiculous. This is what we were here for, to gather information, yet my assignment was already a lost cause. 

The room went silent and I crept up the stairs, scrunching my face as I heard a creek. I still didn’t hear anyone so I pressed my ear to the door. Nothing. I inched the door open, my hand trembling. I peeked my head out, seeing a small, bright white break room with a table and seats. There was a closet with a deep purple curtain and I heard voices beyond. It’s either the men went through that, or another door I sat to the right. I went near the curtain, seeing it was double curtained. I went past the first one, stopping as I heard a voice. 

A deep honey voice spoke, “Great performance, as usual, girls!” It was such a smooth and rich voice, but I couldn’t tell if it were a man’s or woman’s; however, it became apparent that it was unmistakably Zing’s. 

“You all are dismissed for the night. Get crazy, wild even with those Valorion boys.” He said with a humorous ring to his voice. I heard a group of girls giggle and then footsteps leaving. I was leaning on the closet’s wall, and then, I felt someone push me forward. I fell to the ground, twisting into the dark velvet curtain to soften my fall. 

I heard a gasp, “Oh. My. Supernova.” Ugh, that saying again. I crawled backward on the ground, embarrassed as I looked up to Zing. His crystal blue eyes focusing on me in confusion. 

“Looks like we found someone watching you, Zing.” The thick country accented guy, who I assumed was Earl, said as he walked into the room behind me, dressed in an all-black suit, almost like he was going to a fancy dinner party.

“Oh, honey, come here.” Zing was super tall, as tall as Eli, as he kneeled toward me with an outstretched hand. 

I tucked my hair behind my ear, “I’m so sorry. I got lost in the hallways looking for my seats and I thought it was a shortcut and I was really wrong.” I switched into Mara, squeaking nervously, “Like, I really do apologize.” Zing’s skin was so soft as his hand helped me up. He smelled sweet and inviting and he had a big pink fur cape on that brushed my shoulder. 

He grinned with his teeth, two fangs on his teeth covered with diamonds, “Don’t worry about it, sweetie.” He paused, eyes scanning me from head to toe, “You’re just adorable, aren’t you?” He blinked his long, glittery pink eyelashes to the guy behind me. 

“I should get back to my boyfriend; he’s probably worried where I am.” I met his eyes with a worried expression. I had to make an emphasis that there was someone waiting on me. I didn’t want to disappear like those girls.

“Let me give you an autograph before I have Earl lead you out.” He turned around, grabbing a poster, and getting his marker out of his pocket, “Your name?” As sweet as he was, I couldn’t help but feel strikingly uncomfortable. I didn’t want him to know my name, even if it were fake.

“Mara.” I shifted, holding my hands patiently; although, my head was screaming for me to leave.

He smiled as he handed me the signed poster, “There you go. It was lovely meeting you, Miss Mara.”

Earl smiled, underneath his handlebar mustache, “C’mon, I’ll show you the right way to your seat.” He grabbed my arm roughly as he led me out the opposite way I came in. I stifled my anger, as mad as I was, so I could stay undercover. 

Earl grumbled, “There.” He motioned to the row where my friends were as he pushed me forward. I wanted to whip around and kick him in the jaw by the way he had just handled me, but I stayed calm, collected. 

“Thanks!” I said, with an apologetic tone, as I walked toward Eli, Zane and Gemma. Most of the seats were already empty and the targets were far gone.

“Where were you?” Eli asked, in wonder. 

“I got lost.” I said with a shrug, glancing to Zane’s stare. 

We got back to our hotel and I went to me and Gemma’s room, slamming my door as I laid on my bed. Gemma was going to a bar with one of her Tinder matches so I’d be alone for a while. I was relieved because I could use time to myself tonight.

I stared at my ceiling, feeling my eyes water. What did I just see? Could that have been me taken? Where were those girls now? I felt sick. A tear fell down my face in anger. I shook my head; I should have done something. Exactly what I read about happened right in front of me and I was just a bystander? I disappointed myself. I thought I was better than that.

I heard a knock on my door. I wiped the tears from my face as I went to my door, looking through the peephole to see Zane. I opened the door, hesitantly, as he slipped inside, closing the door behind him.

I laid back on my bed, staring at the ceiling and trying to be emotionless. I didn’t want him to know what I saw, even though I really needed to tell someone.

“What happened?” He said, sitting on my bed, his hand touching my calf, brushing it. 

I shook my head, “Nothing.” I glanced to his face; he wasn’t believing me for a second. 

“Rayne.” 

I blinked, a tear escaped down my cheek, “I saw something, okay?” I sat up.

“What?” Zane’s eyes searched mine in concern, worry. 

“A few girls were tranquilized when I went to the restroom. Kidnapped.” His face was blank, without emotion as he studied me.I couldn't read his face and didn't understand why he had no reaction to what I said, as if it weren't the first time he was exposed to something like this.  I continued on with my self-loathe, “I’m an idiot.” 

He cocked his head, “Why do you say that?” 

I shook my head, “Because I didn’t do anything. I accomplished nothing. I followed the men, listened to them, but my Helix didn’t even record and I was caught. I met Zing and I got a fucking autograph. It’s pathetic.”

He grinned, with a chuckle, “And that’s why you’re upset?” He paused, with a shake of his head, “You amaze me sometimes, Rayne.” His blue eyes met mine with humor.

“I’m a failure. There’s little to nothing to amaze you by.” 

Zane caught my gaze with a stone cold expression, “Don’t follow them next time, Rayne." He paused, eyes studying me carefully, "You can’t save everyone.” 

My jaw tightened, “What if I could?” I asked, challenging him. Something flitted across his face that I couldn’t read. A moment of silence passed as he looked at me, impassively.

Then, his eyes lit up, playfully, “Does someone need a diaper change?” Oh, he was not changing the subject and treating me like I was a baby. Totally. Not. Fair.

“Nope, I’ll pass.” I said, glaring at him. 

“I’ll be back.” Without even asking me, he grabbed my room access badge off my nightstand and he walked out. I huffed, laying back on my bed. 

A few minutes later of sulking, Zane was back with his backpack. I rolled my eyes. 

“Does someone want a spanking first?” I met his playful, awaiting eyes as I stared at him, expressionlessly. 

I grumbled as I rolled onto my stomach, nuzzling my face into my bed, “No.”

“Well, that’s too bad.” He said in a low voice, roughly pulling me over his lap as he sat down. 

“Zane!” I said in a hushed voice. I wasn’t going to scream; we were on Valorion after all, and after what I saw today, anything could happen. 

“That’s not my name to you.” He said as he pulled my shorts and underwear off in a quick swoop. Well, fuck. That was hot, and also, intimidating.

He began sending swats down to my bottom and I winced. The sting was very real and it got worse as what felt like ten minutes has already passed. I was crying after a few minutes. Not because of the spanking, because of what I saw. How helpless I felt. I didn’t do anything. I sat and watched. 

Tear flowed down my face as I cried. I felt vulnerable in Zane’s arms. After he spanked me, he cradled me, and cuddled me with love as he played with my hair.  

I sniffled, trying to change what I was thinking about, “So…” I paused, meeting his eyes, “Are we boyfriend and girlfriend yet?” 

Zane threw his head back in a roar of a laugh, “Yes, Rayne. We have been for a while.” Well that was undenounced to me.

He placed me on the bed, making me feel so small that he could easily pick me up and place me down. He unfolded a diaper under me, tickling powder on my bottom and taping the diaper shut. A light purple pacifier was plopped between my lips. Zane’s eyes lit up as he looked at me. I smiled underneath my paci as I sat up while he put away the powder. 

I heard the door clickopen as Gemma walked in. My eyes met hers and she had a surprised look painted over her face. I felt mortification drench me like a huge wave. My face became hot as I sucked on my pacifier in embarrassment. A little bit of warmth entered my diaper as I sat there, not knowing what to do.

“Oh, hey, Gemini.” Zane said, nonchalantly. 

Gemma smiled widely, squealing, “AWEEEEEE! Rayney, you look so adorable!” Oh fuck no. I shifted, more pee escaping into my diaper as I was beyond shocked, embarrassed. She knelt near me where Zane stood with a smile planted on his face, soaking up this moment. He was loving my humiliation and I was dying. 

Her purple glittery hand caressed my cheek, “Rayney, don’t get all shy, it’s just me.” She tickled my stomach and I giggled, nervously. I always wondered why she had glitter on her, but she used a glitter body wash that was the ‘norm’ on Zena. 

I turned, crawling to go under my covers. Gemma said to Zane, “Was she a bad girl today?” I blushed deeper shades of red, realizing that my butt was probably still red from the spanking. 

He sighed, “With Rayne, that’s every day. Today, she was just a little worse.” They were talking about me as if I weren’t there. As if I were really a baby. It gave me little feels I couldn’t explain. I quickly went from being 18 years old to 2 years old in an instant. I snuggled under my covers, my head peeking out to them as Zane got under the covers with me. 

“How did your date go?” Zane asked, as he repositioned us so he was cradling me with one of my fuzzy blankets barely covering my diaper. 

Gemma shook her head, her eyes still bouncing as they rested on me, “It was a fail. She was a Valorion girl and she said she was ‘going to the bathroom’ and then ghosted me.” She sat on her bed, kicking off her high heel boots. Poor Gem. I felt bad that she was having the worst of luck dating. 

“It’s probably for the best, Gemini.” Zane said thoughtfully, “She would have known you as Stella Nebula and Stella is definitely not as badass as Gemini Xara.” I smiled; Zane always knew the right things to say. 

Gemma sighed, “I just want to find a girl that I can have the same chemistry as you and little Rayney.” I blushed, ugh, they both were taking jabs at me. I nuzzled my cheek into Zane’s chest. 

Zane raised his eyebrows, “You want a sassy little? I have one baby in mind.” I looked up and his eyes were teasing me.

Gemma, like other Zenons, didn’t understand sarcasm too well, “No, I don’t want a baby. No offense or anything Rayne. I like the whole dominant/submissive idea though.” She paused, her eyes looking at me with a small smile on her face, “She is one of the cutest babies I’ve seen though, Zaney. You’re definitely a lucky one.” Her face was glowing as she looked at me. Her yellow highlighter picking up the room’s luminance. 

Zane said, “I like to tell myself I’m lucky when she acts like a brat.” He winked at me, “And I highly dislike when people call me Zaney.” I giggled as I heard him say it. I heard Eric say it once when we were on Hanna at the training base and thought it was even funnier with his southern accent.

Gemma laughed loudly, “But it sounds so cute when you two are together!” She gave Zane a mischievous grin, “Zaney and Rayney.” I giggled louder as she said it.

Zane sighed, “You like that, don’t you?” He looked down to me, tickling my stomach as I giggled some more. 

“Mhm.” I said behind my paci with a nod.

“Is she wet?” Gemini asked. I glared at her, with a blush. She winked at me in response, her dark purple metallic eyeliner reflecting in the light. They both were milking this at my own expense. 

Zane’s hand traveled down to my crotch as he felt the front of my padding, “The real question is: when is she not wet?” I squirmed under his hand, wishing he was touching me there for something else. 

I squinted my eyes at him, “Nuh-uh.” 

“Oh my, you weren’t kidding that she was sassy.” Gemma said, raising her dark blue eyebrows. I rolled my eyes. Someone, kill me now. 

“Thank you. At least someone else sees it.” Zane said, patting my padded bottom. I shifted, cuddling into him. 

“I’m going to take a shower. You can sleepover if you wanted. She’ll probably need a change in the morning, and as much as I would like too, I think she wants a change from her Daddy more.” She winked at us as I cuddled into Zane from humiliation. It made me slightly mad how well Gemini was at catching on to verbally teasing me. 

We all binge watched the Valorion based show Gallagher’s Throne on Space Cinema for an hour or two. Gemma and I had previously binge watched the first season in the past few days and were already on the second season. I had to pee when we began so I let out more pee into my diaper as an hour passed by.

I was yawning on our third episode. Zane looked at his watch, “It’s past your bedtime, little one.” His hand patted my wet padding as I scrunched my face, realizing how wet and full it was. Gemma was still watching, not paying attention to us, as Zane said, “Looks like someone needs a change, hm?” 

Zane stood up, with me in his arms, turning around and placing me on the bed. I nursed my paci in embarrassment, trying to watch the show, on the wall screen square in between Gemma and I’s beds, instead of thinking that this handsome man was going to change my very wet diaper. Gemma rolled towards us on her bed, propping herself up on her elbow as she watched Zane untape my diaper.

“Wow, someone was a really wet baby.” Gemini said with a playful glow in her dark purple eyes. 

“You thought I was joking earlier.” Zane’s eyebrows went up with a smirk on his face as he took warm wipes to my bottom. I huffed, crossing my arms as I laid there. He rolled the wipes in the wet pink diaper and grabbed a new one, sliding it under me. He sprinkled powder on me, the scent catching my nose as I tried to suppress my smile. My diaper was taped on snugly as Zane brought me into my bed, bringing me close to him as he turned off our lights. 

“Goodnight Rayney and Zaney.” Gemma said in the darkness as Zane chuckled softly, kissing my head, feeling safe and at home in his arms. 

It dawned on me, in that moment, before drifting off to sleep, that I didn’t have a home. I never even considered where I lived on Hanna with Fern and George as my home. It didn’t feel like my own, no matter how accommodating they were to me. The Intergalactic Space Station felt more like home than Hanna ever did, which was weird to think about. Maybe it was because my friends were here, my new family. Maybe because Zane made me feel safe, finally comfortable.

I had no home, but anytime and anywhere I was with Zane, I felt like it was home. As I nestled myself into Zane, his hand touching my diaper, I realized that this was my only home. In Zane's arms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hopsalot said:

So many ideas... even though Zane is doing some things wrong I still love them as a couple, but all the stuff that happened at the concert! Those girls being kidnapped probably going to become bots, or something, and the hypnotism! What even is that, it reminds me of the divergent series where everyone is taken over, but a few of them aren’t and later they’ll have to act like they are so they don’t get caught. Zing is super creepy and definitely someone to look out for, he seems like a dom, and not a good one. The men in Black made me think of Men in Black the movie considering the aliens and secrecy, I loved it overall

11 minutes ago, Hopsalot said:

Just realized the song twil twil ting was played earlier once the story 

Muahaha!? ...you caught onto one of my many foreshadows... I was beginning to wonder if anyone would catch it considering we began at the end and then fast forwarded to the future.

And yes, when I was imagining them, I drew some inspiration from Men in Black... but they aren't they definitely do not have the same purpose, haha. 

My birthday is in a week's time...So, I have a present to give to you all: A few chapters and the climax of the story, with the near rearing it's ugly head very close. I won't be able to post this weekend so I am going to post two to three, maybe even four, chapters today. I will be reading and responding to comments this weekend, like usual, but there won't be any new content ?  Please, feel free to share your feelings of the next few chapters, I'm curious as to what your thoughts are. 

Chapter 45: The Freak Show

Elliot.

We had been in Valorion for about two weeks. The idea of flying here was frightening, yet I still came and I don't regret it. 

Valorion was truly beautiful. Beautiful lands, incredible scenery, and attractive Valorion babes sprinkled the planet. 

I held Rayne’s hand as we walked down the strip of Sequoia. My hand, admittedly, was sweating. There were many amphibians around this city. All glancing at our group. We were like the live freak show in this city. A Ganakk guy with a whatever-the-fuck Rayne was girl. A Zenon babe, a half Valorion half Hannan guy, an Ekkberen boy, a Hannan guy and an Amphibian. How much weirder could our pack get? Trust me, it gets weirder once you know what Zane and Rayne were into. 

Rayne’s hand was so small as I held it. She was so tiny, stunning and smart. She was the smallest one in this group, but the bravest. To be blunt, I was afraid of being here. I’ve heard the stories about this place and I didn't want to encounter the things that I heard. 

“So, tell me if I sound stupid or not, but what’s the difference between the capital of Sequoia and the Sequoia Capitol?” Derren asked behind us. He was the quietest of our group and sometimes I wondered about him. This was a conversation we should be having, by ourselves, in our hotel room or at dinner, not while everyone is watching us. If you looked up the definition of ignorant in the encyclopedia, you would find Darren there.

“Sequoia Capitol is the government building of Valorion. We are in the capital which is where the government building resides in the city of Valorion.” Zane spoke with an awe of knowledge. Like he was a professor. He was an intellectual and quick person, but we tended to butt heads. 

As much as I wanted to dislike him, I couldn’t. He was a good guy and treated Rayne well. I had always been jealous of him. I thought that Rayne was the one when I met her. I thought we had an instant connection the moment she spoke to me. The way her green eyes lit up as she saw me, the grin on her face as she said, “I’m whatever-the-fuck I want to be.” I was wrong, as I swallowed my pride and ego when I found out she was dating Zane. 

Gemini and Rayne became my best friends later on. Gemini and I understood each other, as we both had the same taste in women. For example, she tried with Rayne and failed too. Maybe it was just a Rayne thing. Maybe she was so eye-catching and caring for others; it was easy to mistake her kindness and playful personality for flirting. 

I joined the Galactic Forces to become a braver person; to prove to my family that they were wrong about me. My father said as I left the house for the last time, “See you in a week.” He didn’t believe that I’d be gone for long. He wanted me to work with him in our family Ghalderas Home Improvement like all of my other brothers and sisters did. Anyhow, my sister was already one of the managers and I didn’t want to work under her. 

The last thing I was expecting was to find two girls that I could joke around with, be a guy around, and love like family. The weirdest part was: I didn’t even look at them sexually. Well, minus when I had a dream about Rayne and I when I first began the Galactic Forces. Besides that, it was impressive for me to find people like that in my life. I was always close to my family and, admittedly, terrified of leaving Hanna, but Gemini Xara and Rayne Griff gave me that strength to leave, to believe that I’m something greater than I ever thought I could be. 

Chapter 46: The Zane Method

Rayne. 

We were walking down the Sequoia strip, going into casinos and drinking. It was about to be a fun night, except for I couldn’t enjoy it the way I’d want too. That was the hardest part of working as an undercover spy. When you wanted to live, to be free to enjoy drinking and partying with your friends, you couldn't. It may seem 'fun' from an outside perspective, but it wasn't. It was straining, especially acting like Mara Everton, for so long.

I wanted to be Rayne Griff, Zane Graham's girlfriend, again. I wanted to drink, be playful, and joke with my friends. Sure, in private Zane and I had our special time together, yet it wasn't the same. It felt like we were in hiding, and, although I didn't consider myself a 'jealous' person, it was still upsetting seeing girls flirt with him in front of me. I knew, deep down, he would ignore those girls and give him the cold shoulder if he wasn't acting like he was 'single' but he had to give them some time of day when he was in character. 

Gemma, Eli and I took shots together as Zane and Nethander tried to keep up with us. We arrived at our destination: Zharko Casino and Bar. Our targets should be arriving shortly. 

I went over to a slot machine, plopping down on a chair. 

“Miss, can I see your Intergalactic identification?” A dark purple amphibian woman in a black suit asked me. 

I smiled, “Of course.” I opened my hand purse, handing her my fake ID. 

“Thanks, Mara. Have you signed up for Zharko rewards?” 

“No, but I’d love too.” I blinked, innocently. Zane sat next to me at the slots at I signed up on the tablet. I had to glance at how handsome he was. He wore black dress pants and a white dress shirt with his sleeves rolled up. He was so damn attractive and the thought of us doing something together made me tingle inside. 

“Thank you, Miss Everton.” I swiped my new rewards card on the machine before playing. I felt buzzed as I played a few games.

“Only you would be immediately carded.” Zane said with a smile hinting his voice. I could tell he wanted to say something else but he stopped himself as two long-legged, model looking, Valorion girls sat next to him, casting their gazes to him. Ugh, here we go again. One of them, tapping his shoulder, talking in a sultry voice asking if he went here often. He talked to them for a few minutes as they invited him to go to a nearby club. He politely declined as they walked away and he turned to me, making small talk. 

I focused on my slots, "So, do you come here often?" His eyes playful as I rolled my eyes at him. He was messing with me, I knew it.

“Targets sited.” Nethander said over the Helix. I laughed as if Zane told a funny joke as I looked over my shoulder, seeing Jonathan and Emma Von walk through the doors in eloquent clothes. Emma wore a flowing dress with diamonds swirling around her body. Jonathan wore a black suit with a bow tie. Pretty formal for a casino if you ask me. However, we were dressed to the nines ourselves. 

There was a younger looking girl with them that caught my attention very quickly. Her big brown eyes were confused, dazed. She wore a light pink lacey dress and frilly white socks. A pacifier hung down with a string on the pocket of her dress. I blinked, a pacifier. I looked away, quickly. Was she really wearing that? Was she with them? Jonathan was a Senator of the Sequoia Capitol. Why would he have an adult baby with him? No, she wasn’t a little. She was a baby bot.

“Rayne, I think I found you a friend to playdate with.” Gemini said over the Helix. I caught Zane’s smug smirk near me as I stood up. What the fuck Gemma? Everyone heard that in our group. Also, it wasn’t the same, in the slightest. I needed to know if she was a little or a bot, immediately. 

Jonathan, Emma, and the girl walked up the staircase to the private section. 

“Well, how the hell do we get into the private area.” Ryo said over the Helix. 

“Jonathan and Emma have an open relationship. Should be easy considering Emma is bisexual.” Zane said, fixing the sleeves on his shirt. He eyed our target as Jonathan went downstairs to the bar. 

As Jonathan was at the bar ordering drinks, Zane approached him. Jonathan looked behind his shoulder, seeing Zane. We were eavesdropping on their conversation over the Helix as Gemini came up to me and took my hand, leading me towards Jonathan.

What, exactly, were we doing? I didn’t sign up for this part.

“Long time, no see, Zane.” Jonathan said, as if they were old friends. How did Zane know all of the targets?

“Hey, man. How have you guys been?” Zane asked, starting a conversation. 

“Me and Emma have been good, really good.” He frowned, “How’s your brother?” 

Zane looked to me and Gemini approaching, “Better, thanks for asking.” Zane changed the subject, quickly, “These are my friends Stella and Mara. We’re all in the intergalactic study program together at University of Orion so I was able to visit.”

Jonathan extended his hand to me and I shook his hand, “Nice to meet you, uh…” I met his brown eyes in confusion of his name, as if I didn’t know it already.

“Jonathan. Pleasure to meet you.” His eyes wavered on mine for a moment longer, “You’re striking. Not to be rude, but what’s your ancestry?” He asked, studying my face. It was quite uncomfortable, but I rolled with it.

“Hannan and Earthling, but no one believes me.” I said, shyly.

Jonathan laughed, loudly, as he nodded, “Yes, yes, I could imagine that being an issue.” He held an air of authority to his tone as he spoke, almost like Zane. He went to Gemma and shook her hand. 

Jonathan ordered his drinks and looked at us, “We have a few seats open upstairs if you three would like to accompany us.” 

Gemini smiled widely, eyes twinkling with charm, “We’d love to.” 

“And that’s how you successfully bait them, with the Zane method.” Nethander said over our Helix. I glanced to Nethander, wanting to giggle but suppressing it. We followed Jonathan upstairs to the private area where we sat at a card table with wealthy people who probably made the amount of money I make in one year in one day. 

“Emma, I brought new friends and old.” Emma stood, a tall Ganakk woman with long blonde hair that fell in soft waves. She shook Gemma’s hand and then mine.

“My, my, aren’t you two beauties.” She said after she sat down, near the little girl with brown eyes. The girl was sucking on her pink pacifier, playing with a toy in front of her. Emma put the toy in her lap, scolding her to not play on the table with guests. The girl met my eyes, looking confused on who I was. 

“Hi, I’m Mara.” I said with a friendly grin.

Her pacifier dropped out of her mouth, “Hi, I’m Karli.” Her dirty blonde hair fell in curls around her head. An awkward silence fell upon the once chattering group. Jonathan gave me a crossed look, falling silent. I looked at Zane and Gemma, confused.

Zane spoke to Jonathan, “I apologize, she’s not from around here.” Did I do something wrong?

Nethander explained over the mic, “In Valorion, it’s in their etiquette to not speak to a bot unless introduced first. It’s considered disrespectful.” Well, fuck. I wish someone warned me ahead of time. 

Jonathan straightened his cuffs, smiling, “It’s completely okay. I would have suspected she was yours if not for hearing her introduce herself to me.” Ouch, that one stung. That was definitely a direct hit to me and I deserved that one. 

Zane said, “Sometimes I think the same.” Ouch. Another one. Why don’t we just start playing the game called let’s all sting Rayne with burns? Jonathan, Emma, and their friends began laughing. Great, my humiliation was a good joke to everyone. Thanks, Zane.

Emma said, “Oh, Zane, how I’ve missed you and your brother.” Zane blinked, I could tell he didn’t want to hear anyone speaking of his brother.

I sat near their ‘baby bot’. The idea of calling a human forced to be an adult baby a baby bot disgusted me to me core, but I sat near her as Gemma flirted flawlessly with Emma. 

“Are you two dating anyone?” Emma asked, her grey eyes looking at us curiously.

“She is, but I’m not.” Gemma paused, “I’m young, in my twenties," She shrugged, throwing back her hair on one side, "I just want to have fun.” She said, winking at Emma. Smooth, Gemma, smooth.

Emma fixated her gaze on me, “How is that tall glass of water in bed?” She raised her eyebrows twice, tilting her head towards Zane. 

I laughed, almost spitting out my drink I had just sipped, “We’re not dating.” I shook my head, “My boyfriend’s name is Scott and he’s downstairs.” It was questionable that he wasn't up here...but Mara Everton was a 'flirt' and it didn't matter to me.

Emma nodded her head, not believing me, and winked, “Right.” She paused, eyeing Zane across the table as he spoke to Jonathan, “The way he looked at you earlier was not a look a ‘friend’ just gives, Mara.” What look was that? How long had she been studying us? Jeez, we obviously weren’t paying attention. 

After that night, we all went back home, except for Gemini. She rode to Jonathan and Emma’s mansion to ‘get a grand tour’ as Emma suggested.

Eli said on our ride back to the hotel, “I wish I were getting that ‘grand tour’ right about now.” We all laughed, even Nethander, who had a little bit too much of absinthe. I was a bit scared for Gemma. Zane slept over that night in our room because I couldn’t sleep. 

I was up at 4 in the morning, Valorion time, watching Gallagher's Throne, when Gemma finally came in. She walked into the room, swaying as she fell to the bed.

Zane woke up, squinting from Gemma disturbing his slumber, “How’d it go?”

She grinned, “I never thought they would be that great in bed at threesomes, but I guess they proved me wrong.” 

“I stayed up all night, worried about you, for you to tell me that.” I huffed, “Goodnight.” 

Gemma said to Zane, “Is she diapered? Because she should be.” 

Zane smiled, “No, but I knew I should have earlier.” He grumbled as he got up, grabbing a diaper and powder from his bag, “It’s better late than never.” He winked in his sleepy state.

I groaned as he took off my purple silk pajama bottoms and underwear and placed a fresh diaper under me. He powdered my bottom and taped it on. He tucked me in with him and I fell into a deep slumber.

That night I had a nightmare. 

I was in the casino, playing a slot machine, and a sack was thrown over my head. I scrambled, trying to save myself, but I couldn’t get away from the men taking me. They forced me into a diaper, taking the sack off of my head and placing a pacifier in my mouth. My eyes met my captors as I looked up. I saw Zane’s blue eyes, Eli’s and Jonathans staring down at me, as if I were just a baby, helpless and needing a change already. 

I tried telling them to stop, to see that I wasn’t a baby, but I couldn’t speak. All I could hear come out was mumbles behind my paci. They all played with me, having me bounce on their laps or play with my toys. Every time I tried escaping, I got a spanking.

After a few spankings, I forgot who I was. My memory faded and I didn’t know where I was, who these people were. My best friend, gone. The love of my life, gone. My life, vanished, before my very eyes.

I was just a baby, after all, why would I know?

Warning: Graphic depictions in the next few chapters. It's not that bad, but just a forewarning if your faint of heart and depictions of blood gross you out.

I work in surgery cases so I don't know where the line of 'graphic' nature begins from the things I've seen in real life, haha, so if you think this is horrific, please suggest what I should place in the warning because I'm highly desensitized and apologize in advanced.

Chapter 47: Sterling Industries

Rayne.

Near our hotel in Glowfield, Valorion, nestled Sterling Industries a few miles south. The main reason we were sent to Valorion was right before us. 

“Welcome, students, to Sterling Industries, the home of the leading technologies of the Galaxies.” A Valorion man greeted us as we walked in the large, dark glass building. An amphibian man with dark emerald green scales stood next to him.

He smiled invitingly, eyes flickering between each of us, “I’m Zethron, your tour guide for this evening. This is Sid, one of our scientists, who will be popping in and out to answer your questions for the duration of your tour.” Sid’s yellow eyes fixated upon me for a moment, his eyes constricting and dilating quicker than any other amphibian I’ve ever met with a stone cold expression placed on his face. His skin, rapidly changing from a dark evergreen to turquoise, glittering, ever so slightly, as light stuck it.

I had never met an amphibian who was this unique, different. He had human characteristics about him, yet I had never seen an amphibian who's scale color changed like a chameleon. I didn’t know what a ‘full-bred’ amphibian looked like, but I could only assume he was one. My eyes cast to Nethander, curiously. I wonder what Nethander thought of Sid. Nethander’s hand slicked back his black hair, awkwardly, as he stood there, looking around the building’s grand entrance. He paid no attention to Sid, so maybe Sid was just another Amphibian that I shouldn't pay any special attention too. 

“Let’s begin, shall we?” Zethron said, “Here are your temporary wrist bands so our alarm system doesn’t go off as you walk through the corridors.” He handed out the transparent light blue gel wrist bands that had our names pressed into them. Cool. I slipped on the wrist band, looking at the gelatin in awe.

I looked up, immediately feeling someone’s stare, meeting Sid’s yellow eyes, still fixed on me. He had a small smile placed on his face, as if he saw something cute. I shook off the unsettling feeling I got, breaking our eye contact as Zethron began walking forward, up the glass escalators. 

I followed, first in our group, curiosity encapsulating me. I was beyond enthralled to see this technology that Valorions had. They were the leading advancements in the medical field and known across the galaxies, after all.

As we went up the escalator, a glass elevator shot downwards and my gaze followed it. Below the ground floor were escalators that went two floors down. The glass elevator went below the lowest floor we could see. Huh, I wonder what was down there? 

I almost tripped, as the escalator’s glass steps merged into itself and it was time for me to walk off. I made a small jump, almost falling into Zethron. God, that would have been bad. Nethander grabbed my shoulders behind me, steadying me. 

“Thanks.” I said to him, breathlessly. 

“Mhm.” He said, brushing past me. Sid walked behind our whole group and I could feel his eyes still trained on me. It was quite an uncomfortable feeling that I couldn’t shake. I looked behind my shoulder, as if I were looking for Eli, but I really just wanted to confirm my feeling. Sid’s yellow eyes were deadset on me, unwavering. Since we arrived, he only glanced at the fellow students, not staring at them the way he had with me since we walked in the doors. Why, me? It felt like he was trying to pick apart my thoughts, read me further. 

I shook off my confused thoughts, casting my eyes forward, and began focusing on how curious I was and my studies intergalactically. 

“This is our main research floor. Which of you are going for your bachelor’s of Intergalactic Technologic Sciences?” Zethron walked backwards, looking at us. Gemma, Ryo and I rose our hands. 

“Good, you three will go with Sid.” Zethron paused, “The other four, this way.” 

Sid spoke, brushing past me, an entrancing scent invading my nose, “Tsss. This way.” He was quiet, soft-spoken as he took the lead in his white lab coat, a white dress shirt underneath and black dress pants. 

We all followed timidly behind him as he went into the glass elevator that had just arrived. He pivoted as he entered the elevator, holding it from closing for us. I met Gemma’s eyes as she was looking at the architecture in the building in amazement. 

“We’ll be going down to our bottom floor above the restricted section.” He glanced at Ryo and Gemini, landing on me, “Tssss. Pay attention to the restricted signs before you accidentally crawl into something you shouldn’t be in.” Crawl.Why did he use that word? A shiver went down my back as I felt my hair stick up on the back of my arms. It sounded like a warning, specifically geared toward me. I couldn’t place why it felt like a sign, a message sent directly to me, but it gave me an unshakeable feeling. 

As the glass elevator came to an abrupt halt, Sid walked out immediately as the doors opened. Strange. The floor beyond the elevator reminded me of a museum. There was a ginormous hallway that had glass windows demonstrating different pieces of equipment, technology. The floor was white granite that stretched far. In the back corner, down one long hallway, was a restricted sign on a door with a staircase icon glowing blue. I mentally mapped it out in my brain, just in case I decided to get lost down there.

We passed a few tables at the center of the intersection of hallways and scientists walked by with coffee and pastries, “This is our experimental floor, where most of our scientists reside.” Sid paused, eyes flicking between us all, “If you all decide to further your education, maybe one of you will be seeing us in the future.” This place was already captivating, but it gave me an eerie feeling that I couldn’t budge. I’d never consider working here, even with a fake degree.

Sid pivoted around quickly, walking towards the closest glass window, “Most of our experimental beings are from around the galaxies who get paid top dollars to take part in these groundbreaking experiments.” I looked into the room ahead of us, a girl working out, physically transforming in slow motion in front of us. She shed her weight just by a few minutes of running. Incredible. But, how? 

“How much are we talking here? I could use some to pay back my debt after school.” Ryo, or should I say Herring, said to Sid. I laughed, nervously, at Ryo's attempt at a joke. My mind mused: or maybe they were just abducted and it was all for cover.

Sid’s mouth fell in a line, “You would have to be selected. Sterling Industries is meticulous on who they choose.” I doubted that. Maybe his story was persuasive to Ryo and Gemma, but not to me. Not even for a second. 

I walked away from them, towards another glass room that was across from the girl losing weight. I looked into the room. Two young Hannan boys with bands on their heads were sitting straight and staring at the wall screen directly opposite from us. I walked around the glass walls that incased them, seeing their eyes were closed, asleep. 

Sid trailed behind me, as if he were my shadow, “You are about to awake when you dream that you are dreaming.” He said, softly near my ear. His breath, blowing sweetly and his cologne, entrancing me further. It made me feel comfortable with his presence, mesmerized as I watched in front of me. I wanted him to coo me, to keep talking. I felt a sensation go through me, wanting to be babied, belittled. I felt a fuzziness in my tummy, tickling, my truth slipping. I felt my focus slip, in a blink of the eye, as he stood near me.

I snapped out of it, looking behind my shoulder at him. What was happening? His light yellow eyes constricting and dilating, focused on me, unblinking. 

“Ian Fleming.” I said, breathless after the feelings that had just washed over me. Did I really just want him to coo me? It was as if I had just been transfixed in his proximity, completely lost in his ambience that traveled with him. I wanted to walk away from him, but I felt like it was imperative I stayed at this facility. There was something below my feet I needed to get to. 

His eyes lit up, surprised, “Smart girl.” Sid smiled, as if he were proud. Proud of what? I didn’t know. It was slightly belittling, the way he said that. I shook it off quickly.

“In this room, we are testing out lucid dreaming. How can we control our dreams?" He paced around me, "Have you ever controlled yours?” Sid eyed me, as he stepped next to me, his proximity close again. I tried to think back, stopping myself quickly. He was sly, quick. He was attempting to push me to show him memories in my mind. I made up a scenario quickly in my head. 

“Once or twice.” I said, thoughtfully, playing mind games with him as I made up a fake dream in my head. 

He stepped near me, leaning down so his mouth was near my ear, “You can’t fool me, Rayne.” I gulped, as I looked to the boy's dreams. One in a soft cotton candy cloud, jumping as if he were in space without gravity. I felt a chill go through me as my heart rate sped up quickly. He knew. He knew who I was. Should we leave now? Should we run? We were already caught the moment we walked in and I should have trusted my gut. 

Trust me, when I say, you’re protected here. Tssss. Just play your pretend game, tiny one. 

I heard his words echo in my mind. Your pretend game. As if I were a toddler. Did he know anything else about me? About… the diapers? Fucking shit, I hope not. 

For weeks, Python told me my mind focusing was flawless, imperceptible to Amphibians. Did he lie? Or was Sid a power Python didn’t foresee coming? There was something special about Sid, and I was finding that out the hard way. 

Sid spoke, with a calming voice, looking at the boys as Gemma and Ryo caught up to us, “We can infuse ideas, characters, people and other elements into their dreams, making them nightmares, or, quite the opposite, great dreams.” Sid said, walking over to the middle of the glass, as icons appeared and the glass darkened only in one square with a finger print icon on the bottom. 

“Feel free to add anything to their dreams. All you need to do is press your finger into this icon.” I didn’t want any part of it. I stayed back as Gemma and Ryo curiously walked forward, both controlling one of the boy’s dreams. 

The boy on the right, with dark brown hair, was in an arcade, and Ryo connected his finger. A moment later, the arcade game the boy was playing came to life, with robotic arms and legs coming out of the machine, chasing the boy through the fun center. Ryo laughed as he stepped away, watching his creation wreak havoc on the poor boys, once calming, dream.

“You’re an ass, Herring.” I said, stepping up to the plate as I pressed my finger to the glass, imagining the boy being able to fly and have the superpower to shoot fire from his hands.

“Watch your language.” Sid said, behind me, scolding me like a child. It tickled my stomach, and I secretly, deep down, liked the way he scolded me. What was wrong with me? I was becoming disgusted with myself. Only Zane gave me that feeling and receiving that from someone else felt wrong. Completely, and, utterly, wrong. 

You could hear the boy in the dream say, “Cool!” As he shot fire from his hands toward the arcade machine beast that was following him. I stepped away, happy with my work. 

Over the Helix, Zane asked, in a hushed voice, “Have you all seen Neth?” I tried not to look around as I stared in front of me. 

Gemma said, cryptically, “Oh, god, no, didn’t mean to do that. Woops.” The worst part of the Helix is on assignments, when we were near normal people, we couldn’t just talk to ourselves.

“Fuck.” Zane cursed over the Helix. I blinked, was he in danger? Because I know I was. 

“I’ll be back momentarily while you all have your fun.” He walked toward the elevator, going up. Panic rose in my body as I wondered what happened to Nethander. Maybe he was in the restroom? Maybe he left this place without us? It couldn’t be bad, right?

“Is it just me, or do you guys feel uncomfortable here too?” Ryo said quietly as he pretended like he was altering the dreams. I was counting to sixty seconds as I stood with Gemma and Ryo.

Gem nodded, “Yes, I feel it. I want to leave.” She paused, looking around, “This is really weird. Isn’t it illegal to have boys under 18 as experiments?” She asked me, as I was obviously not paying attention to them. Once I counted to a minute I walked away from them, as Gemini said, over the Helix, “Where are you going?”

“Tell Sid I went to find the restrooms.” I said over the Helix, walking towards the restricted door. 

I heard Zane, in a hushed voice, “Don’t even.” It sounded like he was threatening me. 

I briskly walked down the long hallway, my shoes squeaking slightly across the cool granite tile, and hesitating when I approached the doors. A red restricted sign hung glowed in front of my face as I stood there. If it were really restricted, why wouldn't there be a lock? I pushed past the door, slipping down the staircase, almost suspecting an alarm to go off as I went through it.

It was quiet over the Helix as I eavesdropped into what Zane was doing. He was following Zethron through the offices of Sterling Industries on one of the highest floors. He couldn’t speak to us, but I could only imagine him fuming quietly.

I flew quickly down two flights of dark blue glass stairs and down a large hallway, like the floor above, with white granite tiling and glass windows. The word ‘Amaranthine’ glowing in a blue hologram in the center of the intersection between the experimental room. 

Amaranthine. The manufacturer of Helix’s and, not to mention, the sole manufacturer of medical miracles was just below Sterling Industries? So many thoughts and questions ran through my mind, yet there was so little time to investigate further.

I walked slowly, quietly, as I looked into the first glass window. A woman’s body lay, in what looked to be a glass pod, as she struggled to breathe. She was wearing a white clingy dress, her leg missing and bleeding into her dress. I clasped my hand over my mouth in horror, not being able to tear my eyes away. A robotic arm was injecting serum into her leg as her eyes were closed, almost like a statue. I watched, as it looked like her leg was growing back, ever so slowly.

Trabecular pieces of bone, swirling in air, and soft tissue encasing around it as the leg grew. New veins, arteries, swirling around her new bone in slow motion. My heart was racing, in complete shock. It became apparent that this robotic arm was healing her, regenerating her limb. As disgusted as I was, it was fascinating to see, in an odd sense. 

I walked backward, deciding it was best for me to leave; I had seen enough and didn’t need to be caught. I heard someone come through the stairway, closing the door silently behind them. I turned, confusion spreading across my face as I fell to the ground suddenly, on my hands and knees. Someone was controlling me.

Tsk, tsk. What did I say earlier, tiny one?” I looked up, seeing Sid’s yellow eyes looking disappointed as he knelt down to me. 

• Like 3

Maybe she ends up going further under cover, I mean she did want to do this before this mission, so not like anything has changed. Other then she just isn't prepared, but every spy needs to be ready for anything and any opportunity, like being kidnapped and turned into a baby bot. She is a bad baby, going into a restricted area without permission, she needs a good spanking and a clean diaper.

Chapter 48: The Flame

“Unable to connect.” My Helix’s static turned off, disconnecting me from Gemma, Ryo, Derren and Zane.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. What, exactly, was happening? I was beginning to think my Helix was being tapped; no, I knew, for a fact, it was tapped.

“Please, let me go.” I said, looking innocently up to him, my brain buzzing in pure panic. I couldn’t get up; all I could do was sit my bottom on the back of my legs. Exactlylike a helpless toddler. 

He smiled, looking down at me as if he knew my fears. His turquoise lips opening in a laugh. Chills went through me. As much as I liked being treated like a baby, I didn’t want to be forced like this. 

A moment later he blinked away his laugh, eyes constricting, “Tssss.If you insist.” I felt my arms and legs in my control again as I stood, holding my arms, awkwardly. My muscles felt in my power again and I had never been more appreciative of my own control over my body.

“Come, come.” He walked forward, further through the hallways, “There’s something you should see.” My shoulders stiffened as I followed him to the elevator around the hallways. He pressed a button.

The elevator shot down a few more floors in dead silence. My body felt stiff. I wanted to run; I wanted to get away from Sid. I knew I couldn’t run, I wasn’t that stupid. He’d control me in a second if I even lunged. I didn’t know what my future held, but I was not ready for this.

Sid spoke, breaking the tension in the air, “I’ve had dreams about meeting you, Rayne.” He eyed me, his eyes constricting and dilating, “My intuition, sometimes wrong, considering there are so many possible futures...” He trailed off, thoughtfully, speaking as if he were only talking to himself in deep thought. He had an ability to see the future? Incredible.

Sid shook his head, with a dark laugh, “Yet... no matter what possible future I held with you, I was still, inevitably, terminated from my position.” He said musingly to himself as I shifted uncomfortably as the elevator door opened. I felt my heart rate thudding rapidly in my chest. If he wanted to kill me, this would be the best place. In his ‘future’, it sounded as if I were a curse. Why wouldn’t he want to kill me?

“You were and are now the sign of my legacy vanishing before my very eyes. I knew the moment I’d see you that it would be the last day I had to enjoy my freedom.” Sid said, in a low growl. I couldn’t tell his facial expression. It was anger mixed with relief. Did he loathe me before I ever met him? Or was he pleased to finally meet me? I didn’t understand. 

He pulled his glance away from me, blinking away his sudden emotion. The doors of the elevator opened as he briskly walked ahead into a narrow hallway that had dark grey painted walls and fluorescent lights. I hesitantly followed, wondering at what moment he’d attempt to murder me. Was I stupid for following him? Absolutely. 

“I am, and will be, your friend, Griff.” Did I believe him? He could be manipulating me completely. I wasn’t that gullible.

He halted at the end of the hallway where double doors lay, pivoting as I was close behind him, “You may not believe me but this is for your own good.” I took in a waft of his entrancing scent as he got out his badge, unlocking the doors as they slid open.

I spoke, finally breaking my silence as adrenaline coarse through my veins, “Look, Sid, you haven’t given me any reason to trust you thus far-”

Sid cut me off, “The curiosity and answers you seeked for so long are right here.” He said, halting as I looked forward, in awe, in repulsion.