LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best Places To Change?

Hi everyone

I was curious as to opinions on where people consider good places to change when out in public. Are there places, particular companies etc that seem to have more private bathrooms than other places? Are there particular places that should be avoided at all cost?

i tend to avoid changeing at all while out... if i know im going to be out all day ill just put on a thicker nappy and change when i get home, just dont drink too much and a decent nappy will hold all day provided you have added a soaker.

leafy

Guest diamondback688

i usually try to find a family restroom(the ones that have one sink and a toilet and a lockable door)...if i cant find one, ill either change in the handicap stall or out in my car...

Advise well given above but if all else fails..simply BK or Mcdonald's all have private baths..i.e. the door locks for one person. Come in the side door, so you don't look like your a vagrant, and just want to go "first" before ya order. do your thing..and out the same door..preferabably.. Some Gas stations are the same, most prefer ya to be a customer..and as should be, but you should stay out of your home time area if possible. Do what you have to do.. Good Luck!

i was thinking more of times, as incontinents, that require having to change. i always try and plan to be either well diapered when going out or try to get to a safe place like home. but as we all know, some times that just isnt an option.

Advise well given above but if all else fails..simply BK or Mcdonald's all have private baths..i.e. the door locks for one person. Come in the side door, so you don't look like your a vagrant, and just want to go "first" before ya order. do your thing..and out the same door..preferabably.. Some Gas stations are the same, most prefer ya to be a customer..and as should be, but you should stay out of your home time area if possible. Do what you have to do.. Good Luck!

Fast food restaurants were always my first choice for that reason but ive noticed that they have moved more towards multipule user bathrooms as of late.

If your incontinent and need a change you get used to changing just about anywhere.I have changed in the back seat of the van in parking lots(dark windows),rest areas stores etc.Sometimes its a real pain with the size of the stalls.One local boston pizza here has stalls so small that you have to stradle the toilet to close the door after you back in.these are the worst ones as you have no way of keeping your pants off the toilet or having a place to put your diapers while changing.Then the garbage can is always as far as possible from the stall so everyone sees it going to the garbage

I am out often enough (at least once a month, sometimes more) when there is no way to avoid a diaper change while out (in a completely different state then where I live, and won't be home till pretty late). Most of the times, I just use the restrooms in the rest stops along the highway. Preferably the handicap stall, but any stall will do.

I like to find places that have private handicap restrooms. theaters do, hospitals, some malls, some gas stations that you have to go in and ask for a key. or just about any medical clinic. Or go to a place that does not look to busy. but I will wait to go home or to my office.

Diaper Mike

well recently me and the Wal-mart Gast station bathroom have become close friends.... you go in from outside, has a deadbolt lock on the door, not that cold.... not that i am EVER laying down to change

usually Wendy's, Taco Bells, Subways, UDF are good places

I have changed in the back of my van before too, not that easy, but better than in a hot porta john

well recently me and the Wal-mart Gast station bathroom have become close friends.... you go in from outside, has a deadbolt lock on the door, not that cold.... not that i am EVER laying down to change

usually Wendy's, Taco Bells, Subways, UDF are good places

I have changed in the back of my van before too, not that easy, but better than in a hot porta john

I have used the Walmart Gas Station restroom to change, and was glad that was all I was doing. I certainly wouldn't want to use it for anything else.

Or if you're at the mall, find a good department store as they usually have pretty "uptown" restrooms which have handicap stalls. And even the regular stalls in some of the stores have adequate room. Most of the upscale department stores have their restrooms in more or less out of the way places so I've found they tend to be somewhat less busy than the restrooms out in the mall itself. Needless to say, the best time for a change is when the mall isn't too busy :thumbsup: , such as just after opening or before noon on a Sunday. Of course, your chances of finding a secluded area to change greatly diminish just before Christmas! lol!

Good advice in this thread!

Coffee shops are great, but to change my girlfriend discreetly, they need a hall leading to the restrooms -- I don't want us to have to step in or out of a restroom together in full view of anyone. (God forbid they think we'd be having sex..) So it pays to know some local shops that have a hall leading to two individual restrooms -- we can walk down the hall together and come back out together without it looking too odd. (Unless someone's waiting, but that could happen anywhere.) A number of retail stores also have this arrangement: World Market is never busy, and their two individual restrooms are through some doors in the back -- perfect. I guess someone might ask to check your bag on your way out, but it hasn't happened yet.. she'd go beet-red, but agrees that it's no big deal to show security some diapers and leave.

Sleepy department store restrooms are so much nicer, but I don't know of any with handicapped restrooms.. but if the place is really dead, even a fitting room in an out-of-the way department is an option. Last, we're buying our next vehicle with this in mind! We'll just say we're planning to have kids soon. ;) -CV

Some of places I'm required to change is either private bathrooms provided by my university or rush home to my Dorm room. Away from the college is a bit different normally I Don't change unless I absolutely have to. If thats the case I really am subject to public restroom changing. Which isn't always fun. Kacy
  • 7 months later...

when i am out and about i use the disabled toilets,the ones in the town were i live have a large padded tabel and a bin marked nappies and inco pads only.which is consideret of them,i have been forced to use a normal toilet a time or two not so good...dash to the bin with old nappy or carry it in your bag smelly...be happy wet but happy

Guest diamondback688

when i am out and about i use the disabled toilets,the ones in the town were i live have a large padded tabel and a bin marked nappies and inco pads only.which is consideret of them,i have been forced to use a normal toilet a time or two not so good...dash to the bin with old nappy or carry it in your bag smelly...be happy wet but happy

i wish they did that for us here in the US. we just have regular handicap stalls that are large enough to fit a wheelchair. they normally just have sink and toilet.

Honestly, I don't see where the problem is just go into a restroom go into a stall and change your diaper. And then go and throw it out. Who cares who sees you throw it out you probably will never see that person again. As long as you don't know that person personally. Right? I would think you'd be good to use one of those family rooms where you can look out to a three way mirror and it can lock.

But it isn't like someone is going to be hanging over the stall divider. People might think weird, but who cares you won't see them again.

Plus most people even though they see that being thrown away. It doesn't really matter to them. They may think weird but then shortly after they leave they probably forget all about it. Most think you just have a problem..

I don't mean to sound cold. I have a physical disability. I have gone into restroom stalls that I didn't even fit into with my wheelchair. And had to use a portable urinal. Or use a machine to suction out my tracheostomy tube. Well if that doesn't sound like a vibrator. In my stepfather help me with the suction. I have to Duchenne muscular dystrophy I can't use my arms much. Wal what does that look like two men leaving a bathroom stall after that noise sounding like a vibrator. But I never see those people again so why do I Care?

I guess it is all what you are used to.

Diapertac

Hi everyone

I was curious as to opinions on where people consider good places to change when out in public. Are there places, particular companies etc that seem to have more private bathrooms than other places? Are there particular places that should be avoided at all cost?

When out or traveling and since I only have urinery incontinence I use a combination of disposables and 2 liners such as #5 child diapers and cloth and plastic over that, this way I can go in and slip the liners out and be done in approx 10 seconds and keep going. This combination generly holds up all day and if or I should say when the disposable leaks the cloth takes over. I have been stuck on planes for quite a few hours and have not had any problems. Tim

Changing whilst out can be a real pain as well as a health hazard depending on where you try to change.

Our local up market store has very private and clean toilets but it is in an absolute minority :badmood:

Most of the local town toilets (only a few of them left now) are either closed due to vandalism or are so filthy you wouldn't take a rat in there.

So my best option is to well "Pad" up before I go out and not have to bother with using anywhere to change.

As for disposing of the used Nappy/Diaper that can be a problem as most public toilets do not have bins as they get smashed or stolen. :o

Changing whilst out can be a real pain as well as a health hazard depending on where you try to change.

Our local up market store has very private and clean toilets but it is in an absolute minority :badmood:

Most of the local town toilets (only a few of them left now) are either closed due to vandalism or are so filthy you wouldn't take a rat in there.

So my best option is to well "Pad" up before I go out and not have to bother with using anywhere to change.

As for disposing of the used Nappy/Diaper that can be a problem as most public toilets do not have bins as they get smashed or stolen. :o

wow, where do you live? In my town restrooms are pretty clean except at some gas stations. And I have never seen a vandalised restroom and they all have garbage cans. And those new family room type restrooms are really nice. You wouldn't want to eat in a restroom but otherwise clean. Also you could bring a baby changing pad and set your diaper on there and then sit on it and fasten up. They have folding baby changing pads. Otherwise get one of those large blue urinary pad sometimes called chux. They have them in other colors. Plus you can just throw them away.

Probably would be better just buying the pull up type of depends. Plus you could add a soaker to them if you want also. That way it wouldn't really matter how dirty the restroom is. And bring a zip lock bag. Or better yet I a diaper duck and use those scent proof bags that comes with the diaper duck. They are freshly scented also. And then you can just change and put the dirty diaper into that and into your diaper bag or backpack. Also you can bring those wet wipes that contain bleach if you are really afraid of germs. And a can of that new lysol air neutralizer. It kills germs plus gets rid of order really well.

But again it is in a restroom where people are creating order.

Our mall also has a breast feeding room where women go to feed their babies and they lock and have a counter and nice rocking chair. I have used those to do medical thing in. I did wipe the counter.

Diapertac