LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sonya and Michaela Starting Over

Ishigreensa

Sonja, pronounced Son-ya, was a thirty-nine year old recently single mother with one daughter.  Because of some idiot getting drunk and running into her husband's car a few months ago, they had had two months of touch and go hoping that Jim would recover, but he never did.  Not only did he die, but because he was in the hospital for so long, the funds were quickly depleted that she had access to, and since the hospital bills were never fully covered, Jim's bank account was frozen so she couldn't touch it even though it was willed to her.

Now, with money running near the bottom of the barrow, the hospitals and clinics that could take care of her daughter who had something very wrong with her being nowhere near the small town she lived at, and there being a lack of any work there, Sonja took a chance and moved her daughter to a bigger city hoping to find cheaper rent and a job.

For now, though, it had been a week, and she still had not found any work, though that was not surprising since she had to be with her daughter all the time until she could put Michaela into school to look after her.  Michaela could walk with very special crutches, but because she was growing, and the crutches were made for her almost a year before, she was outgrowing them, and that made it hurt sometimes when she used them.  Not only that, but she needed special braces on her legs, which she was also outgrowing.  When it got hard for her to walk, Sonja did have a folding wheelchair for her that she put her in when it was difficult for her to navigate certain areas by herself.

Now, they were on their last dollar, and Sonja was almost out of ideas for a place to go.  Then, by some lucky chance, she found that an old couple were renting out a guest house at a mere fifty dollars a month!  She called them to find out about it, and by the stars, her luck continued and the old couple asked them to come and look it over for themselves.  Sonja was not picky at all at this point because they were desperate.

She took her daughter to the address that was given them, and soon found that this guest house was really just a one room place with enough space that it had a twin bed at one end and a kitchen table at the other end.  Near the twin bed, there was also a television, and there was a small walk-in space that had a toilet to one side.  

They had access to a kitchen and to a bath if they knocked on the joining door that went to the rest of the house.  

Sonja quickly took them up on this gem of a find.  While it was less convenient than Sonja would have liked, it was only fifty dollars a month, and she was not going to find any place that cheap anywhere else.  The old couple also didn't take any deposit money when they realized how much she had left, and knew that she had a daughter to feed.  Instead, they said she could help them out with the utilities later, after she got working.

And this is where we start the story:

"I'm sorry that I can't do better right now," Sonja apologized to Michaela.  "But this is only until we can get on our feet.  I have to see if I can find a job, and I can't really do that until you start school.  We will check out the local school tomorrow to see about registering you, okay?"

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michaela sighed. “It’s okay momma.” She said sadly. She was so withdrawn still. She used to be the happiest little girl you could imagine, never letting her disabilities slow her down. Now after her life got turned upside down, she didn’t know how to deal with anything. 

She was sitting at the kitchen table, using her wheelchair since there was only one working dining chair at the moment. She hated being in her chair as much as she had to, but her crutches and braces were painful and annoying due to being too small. 

She was playing with a few of her dolls, some of the few toys she was able to take with her when they moved. She was getting really hungry, but was hesitant to ask about food. 

“Momma?” Michaela asked hesitantly. “Are we gonna have dinner tonight?” She asked quietly. Money was so tight, that sometimes they weren’t able to have dinner, or they had to sacrifice another meal. Michaela knew this and always felt bad when she was hungry, not wanting to make her mother upset. She could tell how much her mother got disappointed and upset when they didn’t have enough food. 

Sonya looked sadly at her and frowned.

"I haven't started working yet, and we have already used today's twenty, baby.  I'm really sorry.  We can have breakfast tomorrow though before I take you to see your new school."

Just as she had said that, their door had been opening for the older people had come with some more blankets for them just in case, and their hearts broke.

"You can't send her to bed without eating," the woman said.  "I have some instant noodles in the kitchen I can let you have at least until morning, and then tomorrow, you two are having dinner with us!"

"I... I can't...."

"Nonsense," the woman said.  "The instant noodles will just sit there a week if no one eats them because we only have them in case we get low on food, but we have plenty right now.  You can pay us back when you've found something to do."

Sonya nodded and let them bring the instant noodles to them a few minutes later.

"Tell the nice people thank you, honey," she said to her little daughter.

“Thank you.” Michaela said, having to pause before she started eating once her mother reminded her to say thank you. She was so hungry. She always had a big appetite, especially because of the extra effort certain things took, and being nine years old, she was growing a lot and needed to eat more than she did at the moment. 

After she ate the noodles, she yawned. She had so little energy, due to both her grieving, and her lack of food most of the time. “Momma can we go to bed now?” She asked tiredly. She was hoping to avoid taking a bath tonight. Usually she loved taking a bath, just like any other little kid. But now, she tried to avoid it because she had such little privacy and independence in this little apartment. It didn’t help that she had to be bathed consistently since she’d been having accidents and wetting the bed, most likely due to the stress and depression she’d been experiencing. 

"Honey, you really need a bath," her mother told her.

Then she sighed.

Actually, if she was going to take her to her new school, it probably made more sense to bathe her in the morning.

"Tell you what, you can go on to bed for tonight, and I'll get you up in time to bathe you in the morning, honey."

She then went to the wheelchair and unlocked the brakes so she could wheel it closer to the bed.

"There's only one bed," Sonja told her.  "There's not much choice, but if you can help it and wake up in the night, can you ask mommy to take you potty so you don't pee on mommy?  If you're asleep and it happens, it's not your fault, sweetie.  I just want you to get me if you happen to wake up before it happens, okay?"

She locked the brakes once the girl had the chair ready to transfer for bed.

"Do you want mommy to help you transfer?" she asked her knowing her little girl was tired.

Michaela frowned. She hated wetting the bed. She used to struggle with it a few years ago, since she potty trained late and was still struggling to get around. She hadn’t had a wet bed in years until her father went into the hospital. 

“I can’t help it!” She snapped a little. She was tired and upset. She’d been a lot grumpier than usual, having to deal with so many emotions. She didn’t appreciate her mother asking her to do something out of her control. 

She struggled, but managed to get on the bed herself. She was wobbly and weak without her support, but was determined to do it by herself. She climbed into the bed and sighed, peeling off her socks and pants. She hated sleeping in pants, even though she needed to because of the lack of heat in the house and cold temperatures of their new town. 

Sonja sighed and let her get into bed.

She wasn't trying to tell her to do something impossible.  She knew that it was hard for her to get up from bed on her own, and suspected that sometimes, she might just wet the bed because it was hard to get up.  That's why she had said that.  She had not meant to think her daughter slept through and peed on purpose.  That idea was ridiculous, and she knew it.

She let her daughter take off her pants because fighting her with that would also just be wasted energy.  Her little princess was stubborn, as stubborn as she was, most of the time, and Sonja didn't feel like fighting with her.  She sometimes thought that Michaela tried even harder to prove she was independent because of her disabilities and didn't want her mother or anyone else treating her like she was incapable.

After a while, Sonja got into bed with her, and then she opened a book and started to read aloud.  It was partly for her daughter's sake, but she didn't say that way because her daughter was nine.  If she wanted to listen, she would, but she probably didn't want to feel like her mommy was reading to her as if she was a baby....

Michaela curled up in bed, using as many blankets as she could. She hated the cold, but also hated how different things were. She tried to keep as many things the same as they were before everything changed. 

One thing that at least stayed the same was her mother reading to her. She always liked it, even though she had gotten older. She listened to her mother read and eventually fell asleep. 

She tossed and turned all night, having nightmares and just generally being uncomfortable. As had become normal, she wet the bed. She didn’t even wake up in the night. She slept right through it. 

Come morning, she couldn’t help but cry. She was so frustrated with everything changing and so much being lost. Why couldn’t things go back to normal? She hated everything happening, especially having all these accidents. 

“I’m sorry momma.” She said shamefully once her mother woke up. 

It was her sobbing that woke Sonja up, and then she felt her pants and knew that the girl had wet the bed again.  She sighed and sat up and pulled her child into her already wet lap.

"It's okay," she cooed at her.  "I know it's hard, honey.  You are trying so hard, and everything is just so different, isn't it, baby?"

She started to stand up as she held her child.  Luckily for her, her child wasn't too heavy and she was still able to carry her.

She kept hold of her little one and went to the door that separate their area from the main house.

The nice lady answered.

"You said we could use your bathroom for baths?" she asked her.  "My daughter...."

The Grandmotherly type person smiled and ushered them in where she showed them where everything was before closing the door behidn them.  Then she went to get her wheelchair for her and put by the bathroom so they'd have it when she came out of the tight room.

"Let's get you cleaned up, honey," Sonja said as she put her daughter on the toilet so she could start undressing her.

“I can do it!” Michaela insisted once her mother started undressing her. She hated how little she could do for herself in this new situation, and insisted on doing everything she possibly could by herself. 

She took her shirt off easily, but did have to squirm and wiggle around to get her underwear off. Once she got them off, she sighed, realizing how cramped the bathroom was. It was a decent bathroom for most, but not for two people at once, especially since they were used to fully handicapable bathrooms at home. 

Defeated, she let her mother put her in the bathtub. She knew she couldn’t do that herself at the moment, but hated to admit it. 

“Momma why can’t I wash myself?” She whined, being used to washing herself independently for the most part. She still struggled with places that were hard to reach for any child her age, and still liked when her mother washed her hair, but she liked her independence. 

Sonja sighed and nodded.

"Do you want to try to do it yourself?"

She went back to the toilet and watched her daughter clean up so she could make sure she got clean.  It wasn't just that they were going out, but they were going to school for the first time.  The last thing she needed at the moment was a hassle from the state because her daughter wasn't clean enough just because she had trouble with her bladder at night.

Once her daughter was clean, she walked over with a towel to get her out of the tub.  Then she checked a couple of hard to reach places to make sure they were clean before drying her off in her lap.

"I know all this is hard, but I promise, once we get on our feet, I'll get us a nice place with a bathroom big enough that you can take care of yourself in it, okay?"

“I can do it!” Michaela insisted, proceeeding to clean herself up as much as she could, struggling with some spots, but wanting to be independent. 

She sighed and leaned into her mother when she started to dry her off. Everything took so much work with how cramped the environment was. She so badly wanted to maintain her independence and freedom, not understanding that because of their situation she just logically couldn’t. 

“You promise momma?” She asked hopefully. She didn’t want to ask for too much, but she wanted things so badly. “You think I’ll have my own bed again one day?” She asked softly. 

"Honey, even if I can't get a bigger bathroom for you, I do know I can get a place with your own bedroom and your own bed in time."

She hugged her and finally got  her clothes on her.

Then she took her outside the bathroom where she found her wheelchair!

She helped her daughter into the chair.

"There we are.  Now you can move freely on your own again."

Then she started to walk towards the kitchen that led to their small area in the back of the house.

Michaela didn’t like using her wheelchair, but didn’t feel like fighting at the moment. 

She wheeled herself back to their area of the house, but kept getting frustrated, since the doorways were smaller than what she was used to. She kept banging into the door frame, before finally getting in the room. She grumbled, frustrated with everything. 

“Yesterday you said I could have breakfast right?” She asked, her stomach growling. She was hoping for the chance to eat, but half expected not to be able to. 

“Do we have to ride the smelly bus again?” Michaela asked, wondering if they’d have to use public transportation again. Michaela really hated it, especially because it’s hard to get in and out even when her mother does all the work. 

"I don't have a car right now, honey.  Of course we have to use the bus.  And yes, we'll get breakfast on the way to your school.  We can stop off at Seven..." but she was interrupted by the old woman again.

"I brought you both a nice bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar.  You can't have her to go school with no breakfast."

Sonja nodded and sighed.  It was a much better breakfast than they could get going to Seven Eleven.

"If you are going to be doing this kind of thing...," she reached into her wallet to pay the old woman.

"Put your money away.  You'll need it for bus fare so you can find yourself a job, hon.  It's really no trouble!  I was making some for us anyway, and we knew you have a young one to feed and keep healthy.  Please!  You can pay us back when you get on your feet.  I mean it."

Sonja reluctantly put her wallet away.  The old people turned out nicer than even she first thought as they had luckily gotten the space.

"Well, it looks like you have breakfast," Sonja told her.

"And you are not riding a smelly old bus when we have a perfectly usable care in our garage, that no one is using right now.  It's just collecting dust!"

"What about insurance?"

"Then I'll get Jim to drive you.  He needs some exercise anyway."

Sonja nodded and thanked her.  "Thank you."

Michaela wasn’t too fond of strangers at the moment, but knew she had to at least be polite and pretend to like the elderly couple they lived with, especially when they brought her food and things. 

She quickly devoured the oatmeal, feeling starving. It was so much better than the cheap breakfast sandwiches they’d been getting from the gas station. The brown sugar tasted so nice. 

“Momma can I please walk?” She asked, really not wanting to go to school for the first time in her wheelchair. The braces and crutches were uncomfortable, but she wanted to look as ”normal” as possible. She wanted to fit in, unsure what it would be like having to be the new kid. 

Sonja frowned.

"I don't know... you get tired out pretty easily, especially since you old things don't fit you very well anymore, honey...."

She looked at her daughter though and knew it was something she really wanted.

"How about this?  I'll set you up with your braces and crutches, but if it starts to hurt at school, you go see the nurse to get them removed and put back in your chair, okay?  Will you do that for mommy?"

She then started to get her ready anyway.  She would just leave word with her teacher to watch her and make sure to look for signs that she's getting too tired to walk and her to the nurse when that happens.

“I won’t need my chair!” Michaela insisted. She was happy with her victory though. She wanted to be as normal as possible. She hoped she’d be back in physical therapy again soon. She’d been making great progress and was walking short periods of time and distances without crutches and just her braces. She knew she’d always need her braces, but not having to use crutches would be amazing. 

She insisted on trying to get into the car by herself, but still needed help. She was nervous about this new school. What would it be like? She’d have to meet with all these new kids and teachers. She hoped they’d be nice at least. 

When they arrived at the school, Michaela was generally restless and unable to stay still while waiting for her mother to fill out the forms and paperwork. She hated sitting still and wanted to move, so being told to sit and wait was agonizing and boring for her. “Momma are you almost done?” She whined. 

Sonja sighed for the fourth time as her daughter tried to rush her.

"Honey, please.  I have to fill this stuff out correctly, or there could  be problems.  Just a little longer, honey."

She continued to concentrate on the papers.

Some one from the office staff walked over to Michaela and she bent down to her level.

"What's your name, sweetheart?  My name is Brenda Wilson.  Do you want to look at a book while you are waiting?"

Eventually, Sonja got through the stack of papers, and made sure that Michaela would get lunch that day while they applied for free lunch.

Then, it was time for the office to send the child with Brenda to her classroom and to meet her teacher.

"It looks like we're ready to have you come and meet your teacher and your class," the heavyset lady said to the small child.  "Are you ready to see your new third grade classroom?"

“Michaela.” She responded, glad someone was talking to her besides being told to keep waiting. She happily followed the woman to go read some books. At least she’d be occupied and not bored out of her mind. 

When it was time to go to class, Michaela gulped. She was really nervous. Her stomach felt funny and was worried no one would like her. She didn’t like getting stared at and wasn’t sure what people might say to or about her. She followed the woman slowly, shuffling along anxiously after hugging her mother goodbye. 

She looked around the classroom, standing in the door way nervously. She hoped everything would be ok. 

Some kids eventually looked over at her curious as to why she was standing at the door so that it got Mr. Robert's attention.

He walked over to the door and opened it wider.

"This is your new student.  Her mom just filled out her paperwork today...." he was told.

He smiled and held a hand down for her, but then saw her crutches, and so bowed instead.

"We are pleased that you have come to learn with us...."

"Her name is Michaela, I think," the woman said thinking she was a little shy at the moment.

Robert smiled and nodded.

"Please, come in, Michaela...."

Michaela looked down, feeling so nervous and shy. Her tummy felt funny, it was in a million knots and doing somersaults. She swallowed hard and looked up at her teacher. She didn’t know what to expect. 

When he reached out for her hand, she frowned and looked down again, automatically feeling like she was different. She didn’t like it. She wanted to be as normal as possible. She tried not to sigh as she looked at her crutches and squeezed them tight. 

When told to do so, Michaela stepped further into the classroom, inching her way in as slowly as possible. When the nice woman who was with her started to leave, she turned to look at her before back to her teacher. She didn’t know what to expect and didn’t like that. 

Robert saw how scared she looked, so he had two students change position and put her right next to Imelda.  Experience had shown him that Imelda was kind of a nice person and she would likely help the new comer out more readily than anyone else would.

"Now, we have a new person with us today," he told the class.  "But we're going to let her get settled in some before she gives us a formal introduction.  It's only right that we let her get used to things first."

Then he had a boy stand up and read from the reading book they were reading in.

Michaela gave Imelda and the othe r kid next to her a small smile, trying to be polite, and also not show how nervous and scared she was. She clenched her teeth as she sat down, unsuccessfully trying to set her crutches down within her reach without making much noise. She turned bright red as they fell to the floor, making a decent amount of clatter. 

Feeling too embarrassed to do or say anything, she decided to just let it be and try and pay attention to the lesson, whatever t was about. She tried to read off Imelda’s book, but was too distracted to really even pay attention properly. 

Imelda noticed her classmate getting nervous, and she smiled and patted her back.

"It's okay, um... whatever your name is.  We're just reading, and no one here bites.   At least I never seen them bite.  I'll be right here if you need me, and if you want to know where anything is, just tell me, okay?"

She then tried to share her book again, but the poor girl looked really too nervous to pay attention.

"Michaela?" The teacher called on her, saying her name for the third time so that he had raised his voice to her now....