Ohio Ab/dl Amusement Park Trip -2007

diapernh

Where to go  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Where woul you like to go

• Kings Island - May 19-20
    • Cedar Point - May 19-20
    • Geauga Lake - June 2-3

I am going to host an outting to an amusement park in ohio. I am more familiar with Kings Island, but have been there enough that it is getting old.

Many people have suggested Cedar Point for it's the roller coaster capital. I am not a big coaster buff, but i might enjoy going there just the same. It has been at least 10 years since I have been there.

There is also Geauga lake (used to be six flags of ohio). I have never been there. They do not open till AFTER memorial day, i was hoping to do the outting before memorial day.

DATE: Right now it looks like it will be a Saturday and sunday event. May 19, and 20. We will all meet up on saturday the 19th and go into the park and have fun. Sunday we will likely just get breakfast and either hang out or head home (unless we want to hit the park for a second day, or something else)

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO

You need to vote. Let's see a show of hands as to where you want to go. all votes talleyed up at the end of february and the location will be set. Then formal plan making shall begin.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IN ONE PLACE

Due to my currently being between jobs, I am not sure if I will be able to go next May but I sure would like to. It's been a few years since I was at an amusement park. Yes, Cedar Point is the oldest and the country's best traditional amusement park being over 100 years old and it has quite a history to it. The main thing is it has the most Roller Coasters of any park and most coasters actually set records for speed and hight when they were first built. It has the Gemini which was the tallest racing coaster when it was built (130 feet), the Magnum 200 (200 feet), the millenium at 310 feet (whew!) and the latest that tops 400 feet high and has been open for at least 3 to 4 years. If anyone likes roller coasters, Cedar Point is the best park.

Now, here are some other questions that I hope you answer and post. As the planner, I would like you to post some rules or regulations for us for the park trip. Basically, some guidelines about dress and stuff. I'm not sure adult baby outfits, pacifiers, strollers and bottles would be a good idea to use in a busy public amusement park, but I would guess that diapers discreetly under jeans or shorts would be OK as long as they are not flaunted by the wearer. How about posting your views and ideas on attire and behavior for those who are thinking about attending? The sooner everyone knows what is expected, the sooner people can decide about going and start to make plans.

Now, here are some other questions that I hope you answer and post. As the planner, I would like you to post some rules or regulations for us for the park trip. Basically, some guidelines about dress and stuff. I'm not sure adult baby outfits, pacifiers, strollers and bottles would be a good idea to use in a busy public amusement park, but I would guess that diapers discreetly under jeans or shorts would be OK as long as they are not flaunted by the wearer. How about posting your views and ideas on attire and behavior for those who are thinking about attending? The sooner everyone knows what is expected, the sooner people can decide about going and start to make plans.

Well for starters, all park rules and regulations must be followed.

I would say a general rule of thumb is not to dress on your sissy dresses and such

I have no issue with overalls, even ones with prints on them

I can only say this, if you would not wear it in public, don't wear it there. like if you would not dress as so when you went to eat, then don't dress like that for cedar point.

Depending on the weather i plan to be in overalls, diapers, maybe possibly a onsie on to hold my diaper up, and i may have my pacifier.... i know i will need it for the drive up.

Cedar Point is the oldest and the country's best traditional amusement park being over 100 years old and it has quite a history to it.

Off topic here, but Cedar Point is not the oldest amusment park in America. Cedar Point opened in 1870. Lake Compounce, located in Bristol, Connecticut, was opened in 1846 and holds the official title of "America's Oldest Family Theme Park." The roller coaster database www.rcdb.com list the opening dates of most every theme park in the world. Just wanted to put that out! :thumbsup:

I do know that Cedar Point has removed people from the park who were dressed in a way that offended others so watch what you wear. All three Ohio parks are now owned by Cedar Fair, Cedar Point's Parent company, so I think the same rules would apply at all three parks. If you wear a diaper under normal clothing you'll be fine. If you dress in a way that will bring attention to yourself and in a way that may be offensive to someone with their family at the park, you may be asked to leave.

well like i said, depending on the weather i may be wearing overalls or i may be wearing shortalls. I would think one would need to be dressed pretty offensive to be thrown out.

We normally state as a rule of thumb that you need to dress according to your actual gender. Most baby clothes are functional. it is a lot easier to change a diaper when your overalls have snaps in the crotch, but i know the pair i have and i don't believe they would be something i could wear..... cause the snaps tend to pop if i sit down wrong