LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Intermediate Diaper

Yooo

So something I've been thinking about is how sometimes I like having a less absorbent diaper on hand. Like for when I get home later than expected and I know I want to shower in ~2 hours. So I obviously don't want to go change into a full capacity one, because I'll have to take it off to shower.

Do you guys also do this? I use the Tena Super, but I'm also looking for a different mid-range diaper. If you do this too, what brand do you recommend?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Personally, if i was going for a less absorbent nappy, i would normally stick to store brand.
apart from Tena super, stay dry are pretty good, but i think you can only get them in the UK. Plus they’re a Pull on style, not taped.
Dry nights or good nights are a possibility, I haven’t warn them myself but other people say that they are pretty good for an intermediate Nappy.
I tend to wear always boutique, but the designs are feminine, and i’m not sure if your in to that.
Apart from that, the depends line has some good products.
Hope this helps.

I have always been quite satisfied with Abri Form M2 (or L2 for Large and S2 for Small size). They are not so thick and absorbent, yet they have really nice fit. But be aware, that they are cloth backed.

• Like 1

So something I've been thinking about is how sometimes I like having a less absorbent diaper on hand. Like for when I get home later than expected and I know I want to shower in ~2 hours. So I obviously don't want to go change into a full capacity one, because I'll have to take it off to shower.

Do you guys also do this? I use the Tena Super, but I'm also looking for a different mid-range diaper. If you do this too, what brand do you recommend?

I get all my diapers at thrift stores and Goodwill when they have them, and they are mostly store type brands like Prevail, Attends (4 tape cloth backed), Wings and Wallgreens type diapers.  To understand my own diaper wearing, I usually wear 2 or 3 mornings a week for about 3 hours when I get up early around 6 or 7am.  Then it's back to regular underwear.  The only time I wear for longer periods are the few times a year I go out of town shopping or running errands for the day, like around Christmas time.  I get by with the non premium diapers by using a diaper insert and plastic pants, then changing in a restroom when I get too wet.  Premium diapers are great and I would love to use them but they cost too much and are personally hard for me to get due to my living situation.  Even if I had them, it would be unpractical to use for only 3 hours before removing them.

What you propose doing makes perfect sense!  I don't know if you wear diapers to bed at night or how often you wear, but it seems obvious by your posting it's not 24/7.  If you wear for any extended time like to bed or when you will be out away from home all day, use the premium diapers, but for those shorter 2 or 3 hour times, get some store type brands and use them.  Just be a little more aware of how often you are wetting it in that short period so you will learn just how much it will hold before you start having leaking issues.

You are a young guy and I wish you the best of luck.  One thought, a pet peeve of mine and I mean no offence at all by it.  You really don't need to start your sentences with the word "So".  I know in this day and age people are doing it all the time, but it's a habit people have gotten themselves into by hearing everyone else doing it. Again, no offence and keep us all informed on what you might try as far as other diaper options. 

I get all my diapers at thrift stores and Goodwill when they have them, and they are mostly store type brands like Prevail, Attends (4 tape cloth backed), Wings and Wallgreens type diapers.  To understand my own diaper wearing, I usually wear 2 or 3 mornings a week for about 3 hours when I get up early around 6 or 7am.  Then it's back to regular underwear.  The only time I wear for longer periods are the few times a year I go out of town shopping or running errands for the day, like around Christmas time.  I get by with the non premium diapers by using a diaper insert and plastic pants, then changing in a restroom when I get too wet.  Premium diapers are great and I would love to use them but they cost too much and are personally hard for me to get due to my living situation.  Even if I had them, it would be unpractical to use for only 3 hours before removing them.
What you propose doing makes perfect sense!  I don't know if you wear diapers to bed at night or how often you wear, but it seems obvious by your posting it's not 24/7.  If you wear for any extended time like to bed or when you will be out away from home all day, use the premium diapers, but for those shorter 2 or 3 hour times, get some store type brands and use them.  Just be a little more aware of how often you are wetting it in that short period so you will learn just how much it will hold before you start having leaking issues.
You are a young guy and I wish you the best of luck.  One thought, a pet peeve of mine and I mean no offence at all by it.  You really don't need to start your sentences with the word "So".  I know in this day and age people are doing it all the time, but it's a habit people have gotten themselves into by hearing everyone else doing it. Again, no offence and keep us all informed on what you might try as far as other diaper options. 
I didn't even realize 2 sentences in a row started with "so". That's really bad on my part [emoji28]

I do wear 24/7, but regardless I thought it would be a good idea. You say to stick with store brands, and I've seen other people recommend a lower-tier medical diaper. What i dislike about the Tena Super is the build quality, but I guess you get what you pay for. Maybe I'll try the Abena M2's. What do you guys thing about the Tranquility brand?

Thank you all for the feedback!

Even the cheaper lower brands can have advantages for people who wear 24/7.  Lets say you are home for a few hours, maybe just getting off work.  You are very wet and need to change your diaper.  You know you will be going out drinking with friends in a few hours and will need heavy protection.  If you put on a premium diaper now, it will already be wet by the time you leave to go out with your friends and may not last all night.  That is when you use a cheaper, less absorbent brand to save money.  It will hold up well enough for the 2 or 3 hours before you leave the house again, but also allow you to change into a good absorbent premium diaper that will last the night just before you leave the house.

Lets say you are in college.  You wake up in a very wet premium diaper you have worn to bed and really need to change it.  Your next class isn't for another 2 or 3 hours but then once at class you will be going straight from class to class until about 3 or 4pm.  Change from your premium night diaper into an intermediate diaper to wear until you are ready for classes.  Then your lower absorbency diaper will probably be ready to need changing about the time you need to head off and you can put on your premium diaper for classes all day. 

Same thing applies to waking up in the morning in your soaked premium night diaper.  You know you will have to change but it will be a few hours before you have to heal off to work, so you put on a cheaper store brand to use for a couple hours before putting on your premium diaper for work to last the day.  If you are bowel incontinent, wake up needing a change as your are starting to leak, put on your inbetween diaper knowing you may have your morning poo before changing to go off to work or out for the day.  Lots of uses for intermediate diapers that cost less and can save you some money.

Great points.  I use what I call tweener diapers and for me they are either Dotty the Pony diapers or My Diaper Princess.  They do not hold as much but like Rustypins said it works between premium diaper times.  

For exanple, for me I wear a premium diaper to help mitigate the likelihood of a leak at work.  When I get home my diaper is usually quite full and I want to change before I hang out with my kids and wife.  From the time I get home I only have about five hours until bed so that is when I use my tweener.  Tweeners are also good for me because they are not so bulky which is good around the family.  At night I change into a priemium diaper of course.  

I've been using Tena pullups for this, like the other day when my Safari filled up & I had another couple of hours before I had to get back into big boy's pants.  If they're still dry when I take them off they'll still be ok for the next day, & no need to worry about tabs. 

Mind you, although I've been happy enough in general with pullups, I've about had enough of the hassle of having to take my trousers & plastic pants off each time, particularly now I'm usually wearing braces too (that's suspenders in American).  If I could just get a bit quicker at getting into a nappy while standing I'd probably stop using them, just for that reason.  So I'm practicing that, & I'll be switching to Molicare nappies instead.

Hi i have a wide range of nappies. I'm 24/7. I'm uk based.

I use tena ultima as my most absorbent day to day. I use them at night too with a stuffer or i use id super again with a stuffer. Or drylifes at night.

Then my in betweens are id extra or extra plus.. for those times when i know I'm going to be taking it off sooner. Like showering or going for a run etc. And like someone else has said if i get up at 8 need to change but I'm leaving the house at say 11.... use an inbetween cos i will be wet but not wet enough to change the tena ultima. 

Same her (as the OP)...I seem to find different diapers are appropriate/desired at different times.  Oddly when I was in my 20s, thick was about all I cared about.  Now 20 years later I like variety but do find myself especially happy with the thinner plastic types.  ID Slip has a great variety in plastic lined from thin (normal) to thick (maxi-probably one of my faves in thick) to even a plastic hybrid style mid capacity.  I scored some vintage plastic TENAs last year so that's been my go-to till I run out.