LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Talking To Others About Incontinence

Even though my friends know I am incontinent but at times I find it hard to talk to them about it. Its such a big part of my life. About all I can talk about it is when they say they have to go pee I say I got to go and change my diaper. There are time I will go and change not because I need to but because it is a convenent time to change and I know that it will be a long time befor I get to change again and I want to let my friends that hang out with me to know this. Or I want to ask them if my diaper is showing. or if I smell bad because I can not smell my self or other things (whole other story). or if I start to repsition my self on a chair because my diaper has buched up wrong they look at me funny I want to say its a diaper thing.. or if I have to pull up my diaper just tell them my diaper is falling off. things like that. I just want help on being more open about it.

Diaper Mike

Talking to others can be hard,if they have never been there it is difficult to understand all the aspects of incontinance .As you said ,the pulling up the diaper or repositioning it or having leaks etc can all seem to them like we are doing this for attention when it is just all a part of the situation.Most of the people i know don't seem bothered by my diapers but i do have a brother in law and his family that wont have anything to do with me because of the diapers( and i didnt even leak on the furniture)But that is their lose not mine.All in all i just go along day to day and live my life as is.

Talking to others can be hard,if they have never been there it is difficult to understand all the aspects of incontinance .As you said ,the pulling up the diaper or repositioning it or having leaks etc can all seem to them like we are doing this for attention when it is just all a part of the situation.Most of the people i know don't seem bothered by my diapers but i do have a brother in law and his family that wont have anything to do with me because of the diapers( and i didnt even leak on the furniture)But that is their lose not mine.All in all i just go along day to day and live my life as is.

that is a bunch of bull not want to be freinds because they have no control over there body

i would think you are better off with out them in your life if that is how they see thing

but i do have a brother in law and his family that wont have anything to do with me because of the diapers( and i didnt even leak on the furniture)But that is their lose not mine.All in all i just go along day to day and live my life as is.

Well, that's a pretty idiotic attitude! And over something that in most cases you don't even see anyway! Who needs to be around people like that anyway?

I'm sorry to hear about that dpr13ca =(

I guess I've been blessed with great friends and family, but like I said in an earlier post I really don't think about it too much. Its kinda second nature to me by now, but any thing I need to do as far as diaper issues its pretty much handled behind closed doors in a bathroom. I hate going to public restrooms for that very reason, especially with a bunch of girl friends but I just let it go the best I can. Err..bad pun. But really..its not so much a physical disability as it is a social one.

I'm sorry to hear about that dpr13ca =(

I guess I've been blessed with great friends and family, but like I said in an earlier post I really don't think about it too much. Its kinda second nature to me by now, but any thing I need to do as far as diaper issues its pretty much handled behind closed doors in a bathroom. I hate going to public restrooms for that very reason, especially with a bunch of girl friends but I just let it go the best I can. Err..bad pun. But really..its not so much a physical disability as it is a social one.

Both of my families know about my diaper needs, i was adopted. My mother-in-law knows to. I got married wearing a diaper under my tux. I have found it easier to talk about it with family after they know you have a problem with "control" or the lack of it. It took me many years but I finally found out that I have urge incontinence / OAB. I went to see a Urologist and had some testing done so that helped people realize that i really do have a medical need for diapers. I have tried Detrol and Vesicare and even a patch but I am also a diabetic so the side affect made me drink more which did not help me stop wetting, i started going more often. So now I just take extra diapers with me so I can change if needed not matter where I go.

So in my opinion the more relaxed you are about it the easier it will be to talk to others about it. Maybe seeing a doctor will help them realize you do need to be diapered. My mother-in-law walked in once and i was just wearing my diaper and it did not faze her or me and my sister-in-law has caught me changing a few times but not recently. I was a bed wetter until I was 16 and then started having accidents during the daytime.

• 1 month later...

Even though my friends know I am incontinent but at times I find it hard to talk to them about it. Its such a big part of my life. About all I can talk about it is when they say they have to go pee I say I got to go and change my diaper. There are time I will go and change not because I need to but because it is a convenent time to change and I know that it will be a long time befor I get to change again and I want to let my friends that hang out with me to know this. Or I want to ask them if my diaper is showing. or if I smell bad because I can not smell my self or other things (whole other story). or if I start to repsition my self on a chair because my diaper has buched up wrong they look at me funny I want to say its a diaper thing.. or if I have to pull up my diaper just tell them my diaper is falling off. things like that. I just want help on being more open about it.

Diaper Mike

I'm like that all the time.

Some of my friends still whisper it, it's kinda funny. I'm like "What, some guy I'm never going to associate with gonna think badly of me?"