LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Annoyed (ultimately A Health Issue)

O.K. PLEASE, no jokes, 'cause this is very serious (to both me and me mommy/GF).

First off, just to set the what I am dealing with - where we are living now, it's not that often we get to play - because there are 6 other people living here, that just wouldn't understand - they know I do wear diapers, and that it is necessary because it is part of another disability, but any AB play they would not understand.... So that only happens when everyone else is out (either that or we go to a house we both own in PA - near Pittsburgh, but it needs so much work, when we do go there, the focus is on making repairers! - and it takes about 8 hours to get there from here! - so we don't get there all that often!)

I have been seriously considering attempting to quit smoking, again. - My GF has been on my ass about it (well tobacco is what caused her fathers death, it killed my grand-father on my fathers side, and dad if not in such great health because of it either).

There was a time about 10 years ago that I almost did quit (but then I moved in here) - I'm really not sure if I want to give up Nicotine itself, but there are much safer delivery methods (And there is a benefit - Nicotine dose make you think better, it has been proved, so if you don't believe me, look it up) - the actual inhaling of the smoke is what causes most of the damage (o.k. I sometimes smoke weed to, but that is not the concern here, that is maybe once every 6 months, and less than 0.5 grams, compared to about 1 pack of cigarettes a day, every day).

Now, when this almost worked before, what I was did was, not stop all at once, just slowly cut down on the number of cigarettes, and use nicoteen laced gum - but there is more to smoking than just Nicoline intake, there is also the whole thing of something to do with tour hands - that was easy sort of at the time, just suck on a pacifier instead - but at the time I lived alone! That would be fine with my GF, but I could see all kinds of rather mean remarks from other people living here is I did that again!

I have already spoke to a doctor about medical help in quitting, and with the amount I do smoke, what he offered was a prescription for a Nicotine patch - but that would be a continuous delivery system - I'm afraid to go there until the actual physical act of smoking has stopped (at that point, I'm sure he would not advise it) because (and this doctor even warned me of this, and it's why I said no thanks) - I know from the last time I treed it, sometimes, I'll light a cigarette without even realizing I am smoking until I am almost done with it, and Nicotine dose increase your heart rate a bit, if you are using that patch, and smoke on top of it, the heart rate will go through the roof!-Because now it's a double dose all at once! - that scars the hell out of me!

But like I said, it's not just the active drug in tobacco, it also physically having something to do with the hands, and the sucking....

I don't know, do you? (BTW - my real age is listed in my profile, and I have been smoking since I was 13 if that helps any) - this is no joke, I am VERY serious!

my best advice is to think about some thing Else or do some thing else when you get a craving this worked for my dad he would smoke 4 packs a day he hasn't smoked for 2 years now. hope you can stop. best of luck to ya.

O.K. PLEASE, no jokes, 'cause this is very serious (to both me and me mommy/GF).

(snip)

Now, when this almost worked before, what I was did was, not stop all at once, just slowly cut down on the number of cigarettes, and use nicoteen laced gum - but there is more to smoking than just Nicoline intake, there is also the whole thing of something to do with tour hands - that was easy sort of at the time, just suck on a pacifier instead - but at the time I lived alone! That would be fine with my GF, but I could see all kinds of rather mean remarks from other people living here is I did that again!

(snip)

But like I said, it's not just the active drug in tobacco, it also physically having something to do with the hands, and the sucking....

I don't know, do you? (BTW - my real age is listed in my profile, and I have been smoking since I was 13 if that helps any) - this is no joke, I am VERY serious!

First, when I go to a restaurant that is serving stuffed grape leaves, as a joke, we sort of "smoke" them like they were cigars. lol.

But behind this is a very serious suggestion: Get something better for your hands to do, unconsciously. What? Think carrot or celery stick -- you can eat those all day long and not gain weight.

I'll make my second suggestion: Have your GF start rationing your cigarettes. Tomorrow, and every day hereafter, you are going to limit your cigarettes to 19 per day. Get in the habit of putting off that next cigarette so your supply will last through the day. When this becomes routine, limit the supply to 18...then 17...then 16...until you gradually reach 1 per day....

and find a way to reward yourself. You are spending $2 or more per day on cigarettes...that's $600 this year on cigarettes alone....if you don't spend that money on cigarettes, how you gonna reward yourself?

How about a weekend at a hotel where you can play?

Or a course in meditation? A little of that can help you quit, too, as well as deal with your physical conditions. The word you are looking for is "mindfulness-based".

Anyway, good luck! And keep trying...they say it often takes multiple attempts to quit....

You are spending $2 or more per day on cigarettes...that's $600 this year on cigarettes alone....if you don't spend that money on cigarettes, how you gonna reward yourself?

How about a weekend at a hotel where you can play?

Or a course in meditation? A little of that can help you quit, too, as well as deal with your physical conditions. The word you are looking for is "mindfulness-based".

Anyway, good luck! And keep trying...they say it often takes multiple attempts to quit....

Cigarettes have not been $2 a pack in quite some years be me - it's more like an average of $6 per pack. However, since we do travel to Maryland once a month (for other reasons), I just buy a month supply there, because it's a lot cheaper, but still you are talking about around $3.50 - $4 per pack. So on the low end, that's $1277.50 a year, assuming there is no price increase in that year!

So besides a bad, unhealthy habit, it's also a somewhat expensive one!

Damn, just looking at those figures! (First time I calculated it at the current price) - Manage to do it for even just 1 year, and that's a few nights in an actually suit when we go to Maryland anyway (I know a hotel in the area we go to, where the suits are only between $150 and $225 a night - and it's NOT a run-down one either!) - plus some computer hardware upgrades, and probably still a little left!

Cigarettes have not been $2 a pack in quite some years be me - it's more like an average of $6 per pack. However, since we do travel to Maryland once a month (for other reasons), I just buy a month supply there, because it's a lot cheaper, but still you are talking about around $3.50 - $4 per pack. So on the low end, that's $1277.50 a year, assuming there is no price increase in that year!

So besides a bad, unhealthy habit, it's also a somewhat expensive one!

Damn, just looking at those figures! (First time I calculated it at the current price) - Manage to do it for even just 1 year, and that's a few nights in an actually suit when we go to Maryland anyway (I know a hotel in the area we go to, where the suits are only between $150 and $225 a night - and it's NOT a run-down one either!) - plus some computer hardware upgrades, and probably still a little left!

For more diapers!!!!!!!!!!!

For more diapers!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I don't know that you could really count that, since I ALWAYS have plenty of diapers around anyway (wear 24/7/365). Have no real choice in the matter.

However, MAYBE IF I could find some specifically for "play time", like ones with no "Wetness indicator" and only 1 tape on each side (IF I can even find such a thing). Or some cloth ones that are so thick there is no way to fully conceal them (yes I have plenty of cloth diapers around to - generally I use cloth when I am staying fairly close to home, and I don't plan on being out very long, and disposables when I am traveling some distance, or otherwise plan on being out quite some time [when needing a diaper change while out is probable])..

For me it's more once every 6 minutes!!!!

Why not just lite up a joint when you feel a cigarette.

Because I would rather not simply trade one addiction for another! As it is, my weed use is basically social, just to unwind a little now and then, usually at a party, or other social gathering - I would like to keep it that way!

And besides, IF I started smoking weed the same way I smoke cigarettes, it would for sure put me in the poor house, since by weight, weed costs so much more then tobacco. - It's not a big deal now, because the weed usage is so minimal - but that way, it would be, because now you have an even more expensive habit then you started out with - and too much weed will do plenty of damage too.

And before you mention it, yes I am aware that sometimes doctors do give weed to cancer Patience - but it's not part of an attempt to get rid of the cancer, it's more to kill pain, and so they will eat (radiation is generally used to try to kill cancer cells, but it causes loss of apatite a lot of times - since weed causes hunger.......)

Afaik, because there is no filter on joints, the smoke you inhale is many times hotter then with cigarettes. Due to this, they cause more immediate lung damage, even if they have less tar. Of course, there's always water bongs, and you can get THC in a tablet form, but that's requires a prescription.

As for quitting smoking, can't help you there. My dad's never been able to quit, even if he only smokes 3 or 4 per day. Still, there's plenty of support groups around, but I think the point is that you have to really want it. My dad has never really cared that much.

Also, studies have shown that, in the long run, there is relatively little benefit to simply reducing the amount you smoke, you have to stop entirely.

Also, studies have shown that, in the long run, there is relatively little benefit to simply reducing the amount you smoke, you have to stop entirely.

I'm well aware of that.... - The point is not to reduce health risk, it's to slowly physiologically get use to NOT smoking, by eliminating a little at a time instead of simply suddenly not doing something you have been doing every day, several times a day, for the past 25 years! - It's also helping to prevent, or at least minimize physical withdrawal (if you use any drug regularly, for that long - I don't care who you are, you WILL have a physical dependency to it. Suddenly discontinuing use at that point will cause some sort of withdrawal symptoms [exactly what and how bad, depends on what drug it was, and how much of it was used consistently] - reducing the dosage gradually eliminates, or at least lessens those symptoms. - But yes, there is little point health wise, if you don't ultimately end up quitting completely.)