LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Slapped In The Face By Good Guys

A few years back i came into some money and bought a $2200 64 inch high definition tv. i even payed a few extra hundred for a badass warranty. it was working great for a while until my mom and i would get in fights where she would turn it off and i would turn it back on, anyway that broke it so it wouldn't turn back on.

i called good guys, the store where i got it and found out that they went out of business. my warranty was supposed to last 20 years.

so here i am playing playstation on a small tv that i'm guessing was made in the 70's, staring at the broken behemoth monolith across the room out of the corner of my eye.

i feel that the retail business bitch slapped me into submission, i'm almost afraid to make any big purchases like that again.

just thought i would share one of my worst days in hope of making yours seem better. venting actually helped me too.

A few years back i came into some money and bought a $2200 64 inch high definition tv. i even payed a few extra hundred for a badass warranty. it was working great for a while until my mom and i would get in fights where she would turn it off and i would turn it back on, anyway that broke it so it wouldn't turn back on.

i called good guys, the store where i got it and found out that they went out of business. my warranty was supposed to last 20 years.

so here i am playing playstation on a small tv that i'm guessing was made in the 70's, staring at the broken behemoth monolith across the room out of the corner of my eye.

i feel that the retail business bitch slapped me into submission, i'm almost afraid to make any big purchases like that again.

just thought i would share one of my worst days in hope of making yours seem better. venting actually helped me too.

There might be a company who took over Good Guy's warrenties, you may want to check.

Yeah usually who you get a extended warrenty it's from a third party who covers that part of the issurance. But first things first, sounds like if you were flipping it off and on so much you might have just blown the main power fuse, located within the back panel. Now If you don't know anything about it, I would not mess with it. If you have someone around that is a little more techie than you you might want to give it a look. But please wait till you find out if your warranty is valid, because that would probably void it!.

Where in the world.. I just checked your post..that was a heck of a deal you got there, you can't hardly find a 64" HDTV now for that kind of price. Hope it wasn't a remanufactured unit, good luck!

dose it not turn on with the remote control? have you tryed the power button on the TV its self. some time the button will stick or break when you push it on the TV listen for a click if it don't click it is stuck or broke. i have fixed this vary often on TVs and PC monitors.

good luck

it's a rear projection and after i realized the warranty wasn't good anymore i opened it up and saw the problem. two capaciters (they look like black batteries) ,atleast that's what my sister called em, have popped and look like an overflowing beer glass. :beer: i did know a guy who used to work at his uncles tv repair shop and he was supposed to help me and make sure i didn't mess anything up.

life drama has made it so i can't ask him for that help anymore, so it looks like i'll be removing the two that popped and takeing them to a electronics shop for an exact replacement part. and yes i know they store enough juice to electricute you so i will be careful.

i'm not sure that they are the main problem because they only popped after i turned it on when i saw the power light wasn't flickering. not a smart move it would flicker for hours after it was broken and when it stopped i figured it fixed itself.

that's the only obvious problem with it so i'm hoping after that quick patch up job that it will be up and running again. the problem is motivation, the hastle of the warranty has discouraged me which is weird because i fix computers on a regular basis and i actually enjoy electronics repair.

wow there must a been some extreme surge to kill them capacitors i am surprised it didn't blow a fuse in there. hopefully nothing else is ruined. best a luck to ya.