LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

pregnant women

2sail2

• 2 weeks later...

as a woman, i hate wearing pads, even though i love diapers. they tend to bunch up, and depending on what you're wearing, can be hard to cover up, and can cost a lot if you wear them every day. that being said, i'm pretty sure a lot of pregnant and pre childbirth women DO wear pads. i mean... there are a lot of them on the market, it's because there's a big buyer base.

i'd wear a pad or diaper daily if i had accidents semi regularly, but i could understand someone not wanting to wear one every day if they only leaked a couple drops once or twice a month or something. i think a lot of people just have a hard time admitting they might need an incontinence product due to embarrassment, lots of men do it too.

On 09/19/2016 at 1:35 PM, feathergirl said:

as a woman, i hate wearing pads, even though i love diapers. they tend to bunch up, and depending on what you're wearing, can be hard to cover up, and can cost a lot if you wear them every day. that being said, i'm pretty sure a lot of pregnant and pre childbirth women DO wear pads. i mean... there are a lot of them on the market, it's because there's a big buyer base.

i'd wear a pad or diaper daily if i had accidents semi regularly, but i could understand someone not wanting to wear one every day if they only leaked a couple drops once or twice a month or something. i think a lot of people just have a hard time admitting they might need an incontinence product due to embarrassment, lots of men do it too.

I find pads to be very interesting, and have noticed that different brands will behave differently, (sometimes very differently,) and sometimes different sizes can mean the difference between bunching and shifting and something that stays put. Bladder control pads tend to have the problem of not having any kind of wings on them and also being thick, so they tend to move around a bit more. Very light leakage or pregnant women with water dropping might actually be better served by an overnight menstrual pad with wings than by a bladder control pad. Also, the kind of panties worn with a pad makes a huge difference in their performance and their visibility. If you follow the old wives tale that "it's better to wear older panties to avoid leaks and stains," and pull out your stretched out "granny panties" when you put a pad on, you're actually going to greatly increase your chances of having to deal with leaks and stains. Pads work best in snug, well-fitting panties, but a lot of people don't realize this and are shocked when they discover it. (I've passed this information onto a few of my female friends who couldn't believe the difference this made, although I didn't tell them how I knew what I did.) The cost can definitely be an issue though if you wear pads every day. If it's for pregnancy, I'd definitely consider it justifiable. If it's for more than that and you're just dripping though, you can buy a bag of the "U by Kotex Security" line of pads for under $3 with anywhere from 14-18 in a bag. Assuming one pad a day for very light leakage, that's about $6 a month or roughly $81 a year, which isn't that bad. Other pads and other brands, (and other lines in the aforementioned brand,) will obviously be priced differently. I agree with you that at least some pregnant women probably do wear pads for some level of leakage, with more intense leakage obviously requiring more absorbancy, and thus more expense. Some leaks are minor enough that a menstrual pad works, while others are going to require a bladder control pad in order to be effective.

I would completely understand someone having a very occasional leak once or twice a month not wanting to wear a pad, but if sneezing and coughing are causing showers down below on a regular basis, it's really stupid not to do something about it. You're definitely right about a lot of people having a hard time admitting they might need an incontinence product for any reason out of simple (perceived) embarrassment. (You're also right that guys do this too.) My mother was the embodiment of this, and if I didn't think she'd raise hell over finding out about my diaper usage, I probably would have opened up about it and helped her find something that would meet her needs. Until her issues were resolved, she would lock herself in the bathroom all morning and start her day sometime in the afternoon rather than wear a diaper, except this is because she's paranoid about what they're made from, and if cloth were suggested, would whine about the detergent required to clean them. Given how often she whined about the issue while refusing to do anything to fix it, I can't begin to tell you how tempted I was to moon her while wearing a pair of Goodnites just to show that the world wouldn't end if she wore a diaper so she could actually live her life instead of complaining that she couldn't.

As to the subject of pregnant women, there are may who do wear a pad, and who fully accept that it comes with the territory, so to speak.