LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Invite For New Gel For Oab

Yesterday I received an offer to participate in a new drug that is being tested for Overactive Bladder. It is administrated by gel to the skin. This test is being conducted by PPD, Inc. in North Carolina.

It involves using the drug up to 4 months and about 7 visits to the clinic.

I do have OAB, I first saw an Urologist about it around 5 years ago. I do believe this developed over using diapers at night and when I go out a lot of times, I became diaper dependent. It's fun wearing a diaper so I can go shopping or other situations and not have to worry where the next bathroom is. However when I go to work or can't where a diaper the OAB can be physically and mentally tiresome.

But since I trained myself for diaper use I don't want to undo what I created. But it would be nice to turn it off when I can't 'play'.

Also do I really want to be guinea pig for a new drug? And I never discussed with my regular doctor, so I would have to tell him about taking this drug.

Phil

Good luck with whatever decision you arrive and I am sure that it will be the right one for you, being as you are going to be a "Guinea pig" so to speak I hope you will be getting the proper remuneration for this should you go ahead.

The other train of thought may well be "why rock the boat" as you have obviously come to terms with OAB and the difficulties it can present to you as you have a coping strategy that sounds like it works.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to "switch it off" at will, but life is seldom like that.

Good luck whatever your choice. :beer:

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :P

Yesterday I received an offer to participate in a new drug that is being tested for Overactive Bladder. It is administrated by gel to the skin. This test is being conducted by PPD, Inc. in North Carolina.

It involves using the drug up to 4 months and about 7 visits to the clinic.

I do have OAB, I first saw an Urologist about it around 5 years ago. I do believe this developed over using diapers at night and when I go out a lot of times, I became diaper dependent. It's fun wearing a diaper so I can go shopping or other situations and not have to worry where the next bathroom is. However when I go to work or can't where a diaper the OAB can be physically and mentally tiresome.

But since I trained myself for diaper use I don't want to undo what I created. But it would be nice to turn it off when I can't 'play'.

Also do I really want to be guinea pig for a new drug? And I never discussed with my regular doctor, so I would have to tell him about taking this drug.

Phil

Ok, call me nieve, but I as I'm completely incontinent, I am unfamiliar with "can't wear diapers". Are there actually situations where you wouldn't be able to wear a diaper? Are there places and situations in life I don't experience because I MUST wear diapers? Please, I'm not making fun, I'm just asking.

Also, work shouldn't be bothering you about what you have on for underwear.

Hi,

When I wrote not being able to wear diapers, I meant because I didn't want to be outed.

Actually for this job interview and many other interviews I wore a disposable diaper and plastic pants because of the OAB. However for the day to day it would be almost impossible to do so without others knowing. The men's bathroom has one stall and one urinal for about 25 men!

Many times {1 to 2 times on an average week} I wear a diaper pant {disposable underwear} for IBS. Now since I'm not soaking the pant I don't have to worry about changing it.

Bye,

Phil

Ok, call me nieve, but I as I'm completely incontinent, I am unfamiliar with "can't wear diapers". Are there actually situations where you wouldn't be able to wear a diaper? Are there places and situations in life I don't experience because I MUST wear diapers? Please, I'm not making fun, I'm just asking.

OK, I'll give you two where wearing diapers is hard:

1) Hiking. I've seen folks do it, I've done it, but most diapers in my experience don't stand up well to 5 or 6 miles, and tend to chafe the wearer to boot. (It's also really heavy exercise -- if you can keep up with my group, my cardiologist says it's about double the work a normal, healthy adult should be able to do, so you are really fit in that department)

2) Canoeing. I'm not poop incontinent, so I just jump in the water (as does non D/L GF) when the need to pee arises, which is often as we drink lots.

3) Swimming and watersports in general. Yeah, they make "swim diapers", but regular diapers just don't work as they try to absorb the entire body of water being played in.

I wear the paper-outer (cloth-like) depends "protective underwear" to work. I put a Serenity pee pad in the front, ultimate absorbency. The "refastenable underwear" is inferior. Noone asks, even if I wear a full ("fitted briefs") diaper. Absolutely noone is even aware of what is going on, even though it's been about 5 years.

But in general, I agree: work is *no* excuse not to wear diapers.

Dill Pickle

I like your last line, no excuse not wearing diapers to work! I feel like I'm being scolded :-)

When I do where protection to work, I use Depends "refastenable underwear", I like adjusting them to for but most of important, they give waterproof protection in the front, I mean all the way up. The last I checked they were the only ones that did.

Phil

OK, I'll give you two where wearing diapers is hard:

1) Hiking. I've seen folks do it, I've done it, but most diapers in my experience don't stand up well to 5 or 6 miles, and tend to chafe the wearer to boot. (It's also really heavy exercise -- if you can keep up with my group, my cardiologist says it's about double the work a normal, healthy adult should be able to do, so you are really fit in that department)

2) Canoeing. I'm not poop incontinent, so I just jump in the water (as does non D/L GF) when the need to pee arises, which is often as we drink lots.

3) Swimming and watersports in general. Yeah, they make "swim diapers", but regular diapers just don't work as they try to absorb the entire body of water being played in.

I wear the paper-outer (cloth-like) depends "protective underwear" to work. I put a Serenity pee pad in the front, ultimate absorbency. The "refastenable underwear" is inferior. Noone asks, even if I wear a full ("fitted briefs") diaper. Absolutely noone is even aware of what is going on, even though it's been about 5 years.

But in general, I agree: work is *no* excuse not to wear diapers.

Dill Pickle