LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Made a mistake that almost gave me away

Telling people, I think is a good idea. Who to tell, depends on the person. Doesn't matter if it belongs to a "kink" or your family. I also believe in telling your partner about the truth of yourself. While many people may advocate not telling, I believe individuals that have a right to know, should know.

Please, hold your horses, both of you.

Kodachi, Brian, I beg to differ.

Now, obviousy, my parents are close. We have a completely usual parent-grown son relationship, but that's it.

Telling parents about one's DL side would be, in my opinion, the same as telling them one's favorite way of having sex. I mean, why the hell would you do that? It's same the other way. Would you wan't to know what your parents do in bed? I think not.

Because they are beloved parents, does that give them a right to know? No, the same way being someone's child doesn't give you the right to know your parents' intimate practices.

And not telling someone is not the same as telling a lie. If you tell a lie, you force someone a false picture that leaves them 1) seeing something in a way it is not, and if they learn the truth, 2) disappointment from reality being different and also 3) disappointment in you being a liar

If you say nothing, it leaves them only wondering. Only false picture is a one they create themselves. Now you might say, it's wrong making someone lie to himself, but the thing is, I don't make anyone lie to himself, only they make themselves do it. Because cerain people are so eager to know stuff that is not their business, yet they insist on asking questions, making (mostly false) assupmtions and (worst case) spreading these assumptions as facts, instead of them just realizing: "I'm invading someone's privacy, and I shouldn't be intrusive like that, I should just leave it the fuck alone, can't I just let it go? Yes, I can. I don't know and that's perfectly fine. I can't know everything, anyway."

I'm capable of doing that. I can let certain things go, I AM CAPABLE of not being intrusive, and I expect the same from others. If they aren't capable of that, it's THEIR problem, not mine.

And it doesn't make a difference if it's a co-worker, parent, friend, life partner (only exception is someone with whom you're in a romantic relationship; they have the right to know, after certain time). Just because I don't tell them doens't mean I don't like, or love them. Actually, consider a possibility that I don't tell them BECAUSE I like or love them! Most people can't handle the truth, and if I can't be sure that they can handle it and that their way of handling it will not lead to terrible consequences, it gives me only two options:

1) lie

2) say nothing

If you don't see the difference in it, well, too bad for you my friend.

But I see it, and because I don't want to lie, I have but one option left.

I can agree with you simply based on your difference of view than mine. To me, diapers are not tied to sex so they are not just a fetish to me. (though they most certainly can be, but yeah my parents don't need to know that so why would I tell them this).

The difference you also need to weigh in towards withholding info (lying), versus simply not telling someone something is whether or not that info affects them, if they should or need to know it, or if that info could affect them some way (good or bad).

You also have to remember that lying is more encompassing than just giving false information. It even includes allowing others to come to incorrect conclusions by withholding Information.

All of us have to figure things out for ourselves.

I agree. Everyone's situation is different, some people will benefit more from telling others while others will benefit more from keeping a secret. There's also a generational difference here too, you were raised at a time when people didn't talk about this sort of thing while people today are raised in a world were practically everything is shared on social media. I'm not fond of the loss of privacy associated with modern technology, but if more people continue to share intimate information about themselves openly, it ruins the ability for that information to potentially destroy someone's career/life. If there wasn't at least one person who I really didn't want to know about this aspect of my life, I probably wouldn't care as much if other people around me knew. I've known my girlfriend for quite a long time, but if she couldn't handle the fact that I like diapers I'd have looked for a new girlfriend. (Diapers are more than just a fetish for me, and anyone who can't understand that shouldn't be dating me.) I'm happy that my girlfriend knows, and I don't care that a few of my close friends also know, because I know similar stuff about them too.