LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ABDL and the Uncanny

I'm becoming more and more interested in attending ABDL and age play social encounters and getting to meet like minded people. There's a munch here in Nashville, and I think that will be my first outing. This a question probably already adressed before in some question far back in an archive, but it deals with the topic of the Uncanny and how it relates to what we do. For example, I have removed all the mirrors from my apartment, with the exception of the bathroom mirror, because nothing sends my head space crashing down to earth like walking past a reflective surface and seeing a nearly 6 foot, almost 200 pound guy in a diaper and little mermaid pajamas. I've been playing alone for a while now but it still really takes me out of the whole experience. I'm worried that at an event like a munch, even granted that it's people in regular clothes, that the sense of uncanniness might be present. I'd love to go to a con, but that seems like the full fledged uncanny valley itself. How have other members of the community dealt with this? Is continued exposure the only way to get beyond the jarring, head space killing feeling, or are there little tricks you can use to help yourself along?

Well, everyone approaches diapers differently and not everyone has a little side (I'm one of the pretty boring DLs so my 2 cents might not even be worth that much here). So, since there are so many ways to approach little stuff you'll probably have to find a way of processing the input of all this uncanny stuff in your own unique way.

I've never encountered this "issue" or situation before. Anytime I see my 6 foot tall self in full baby gear, either by looking down or by seeing my reflection/picture I can't help but smile. I might feel a little embarrassed or bashful about it but it is always a good feeling.

I don't really consider myself an "AB" or a "little," so my advice on this topic might not be worth much. When I wear a diaper though, and I'm not wearing for a practical application or simple sexual stimulation, I actually do tend to look in the mirror, but with my diaper being the focal point. The reason for this is to remind myself that I'm diapered, that being diapered makes me happy, and to give myself a chance to savor what I look like. I probably look like anyone else with a similar build in a diaper does, but that's not what's important. What's important is that I'm able to see me in my diaper, and to savor that moment. If I turn away from the mirror and look over my shoulder, I can see my diapered behind in a way I wouldn't otherwise, and that in and of itself can be very comforting. I might also rub or pat my diaper at this point both to position it where I want it, and to give myself a physical reminder that I'm diapered, I'm seeing myself diapered, and the fact that I'm enjoying this is all that really matters at the moment.

I'm becoming more and more interested in attending ABDL and age play social encounters and getting to meet like minded people. There's a munch here in Nashville, and I think that will be my first outing. This a question probably already adressed before in some question far back in an archive, but it deals with the topic of the Uncanny and how it relates to what we do. For example, I have removed all the mirrors from my apartment, with the exception of the bathroom mirror, because nothing sends my head space crashing down to earth like walking past a reflective surface and seeing a nearly 6 foot, almost 200 pound guy in a diaper and little mermaid pajamas. I've been playing alone for a while now but it still really takes me out of the whole experience. I'm worried that at an event like a munch, even granted that it's people in regular clothes, that the sense of uncanniness might be present. I'd love to go to a con, but that seems like the full fledged uncanny valley itself. How have other members of the community dealt with this? Is continued exposure the only way to get beyond the jarring, head space killing feeling, or are there little tricks you can use to help yourself along?