LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pacifier Concerns

I've noticed that Turtlepins is become increasingly dependent on his pacifier. He has it in his mouth almost all the time and at night, if it falls out of his mouth he becomes distressed in his sleep. I've talked to his psychologist about it and she worries about him developing an overbite problem. I never thought of that. I asked our dentist and he thinks the NUK 5 is safe and won't effect his bite. His psychologist is not too concerned, but we're both noticing it. What do you think? Should I limit his use or let him be? I don't know.

I've noticed that Turtlepins is become increasingly dependent on his pacifier. He has it in his mouth almost all the time and at night, if it falls out of his mouth he becomes distressed in his sleep. I've talked to his psychologist about it and she worries about him developing an overbite problem. I never thought of that. I asked our dentist and he thinks the NUK 5 is safe and won't effect his bite. His psychologist is not too concerned, but we're both noticing it. What do you think? Should I limit his use or let him be? I don't know.

well i'd say get the multiple personality disorder sorted out first :screwy:

The Nuk Pro-L seems to have minimal impact on a person's bite and fits an adult's face much better than a child's size, if it soothes him what is the issue with his use of it? Isn't it a symptom rather than a disorder in it's own right, one assumes he will eventually grow out of it or at least come to moderate his use of babyish toys... When he is more comfortable with himself, his needs for such simple comforts will decline... yes? In the interim, why take away or limit something that comforts him?

as an aside: belinda sue, your insensativity to the plight of others leads you to make critical comments about things you have no knowledge of... you are far from clean in your own life to be calling others dirty.

Sorry to hear about your pacifier-problems Turtlepins. And on top of that you have to be a hard-working mommy as well? Here is my tips: Since you obviously have chosen to include your dentist ( the more the merrier, good for you Turtlepins!! :) ) in your grave concerns about the possibility of a future overbite, maybe he also knows someone willing to be a real-life mommy for you, and thus instilling in you some maternal discipline? I know it can be too much of a task, weaning yourself of the paci all by your lonesome, so what I think is needed in this case is a mommys hand, of real flesh and blood, taking your paci away for a few hours pr day, and to enforce the discipline further, accompanied by mommys voice of real flesh and blood, saying: "Mommy knows best!" And as an added bonus; you both can get to spend time together here on the forum, without the hazzle of transitioning all the time. I`m glad to help Turtlepins, and I hope you will find the mommy of your dreams some day. The best of luck to you! Cheers! :)

as an aside: belinda sue, your insensativity to the plight of others leads you to make critical comments about things you have no knowledge of... you are far from clean in your own life to be calling others dirty.

Can't remember calling anyone dirty

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been using a pacificer almost all my life. Even thought the concern for an overbite was there. My dentist has told me it's safer than sucking my thumb. I tend to worry if someone is sucking on theirs all the time. But if it helps the person in her or his own way then go for it. I know I have been seen sucking on mine while on my way to work. So best of luck

I've used a pacificer almost all my life. The concern of dependence is always a real factor. As far as the concern of a overbite thats up to the indivudal. My dentist has told me that having a pacificer is safer than sucking my thumb.

Strangely I didn't think about any problems with dependance when I set out to become habituated pacifier user, I just wanted to get over the guilty feelings of wanting one, yet knowing I was doing it on purpose. The first signs that I was wanting it at night were thrilling, and it was only a bit later that the very longing feelings would start. The hardest moment of the day is when I have to take the dummy out in the morning - in the beginining, when working from home I used to sometimes leave the dummy in all day (the longest being probably about 36 hours without more than a few minutes break at a time to phone someone or eat!). Anyway, these days I take it out when I get up, clean it with my toothbrush after breakfast and put it aside until the night. Moderation is good!

When I don't have it with me I use my thumb - apart from a calus on the back of thumb from my teeth, I've not noticed any side effects.

Tad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

They don't want to talk about themselves because they are so messed up.

They feel empowered to strike out at others to hide their own insecurities.

But hey, thats what the internet ignore button was made for.

Hell they talk about others having problems but are trolling a fetish website. Talk about pot calling the kettle black