LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Help Getting Started

I would like to have my own web sight with web cam shows and videos with pictures...I was wondering what i need to do to get started? If anyone could help me i would be so happy..

Thanks,

Babykimmy25 :wub:

I'm alright at web design. I'm a computing student, so I don't have much time on my hands during term time, or for that matter now, cause I'm working so much. Anyway, I'd be happy to lend a hand. x07@hotmail.com or pm me.

I would like to have my own web sight with web cam shows and videos with pictures...I was wondering what i need to do to get started? If anyone could help me i would be so happy..

Thanks,

Babykimmy25 :wub:

you will need to pay for web hosting if you gonna have cams for the bandwidth

sooo a site without webcams???

• 2 weeks later...

Hey kimmy, i know a little about web design and hosting. I could give you contacts if you would like to look into it for yourself, or I might even be able to build a site for you. I have a site that I built and maintain for my business. PM me if you would like to check out the site.

I have very briefly looked into this and my conclusion was that you need a computer nerds degree in gobble-de gook (or geek!)

And I absolutely roared with laughter when I read on one web site that I could learn how to do it inside ten minutes if I only had very basic computer skills, that one really was a killer-I wet myself laughing :roflmao:

Still, one day I may look at it again through sheer desperation as everyone in the uk seems to want an arm and a lfew legs for a couple of hours of "geek" time! :badmood:

I have very briefly looked into this and my conclusion was that you need a computer nerds degree in gobble-de gook (or geek!)

And I absolutely roared with laughter when I read on one web site that I could learn how to do it inside ten minutes if I only had very basic computer skills, that one really was a killer-I wet myself laughing :roflmao:

Still, one day I may look at it again through sheer desperation as everyone in the uk seems to want an arm and a lfew legs for a couple of hours of "geek" time! :badmood:

Not really so....

There's a little of what's called "accidental complexity" in setting up a website....but thousands of "generally idiot" AOL members have set up web pages on AOL...and if you look under "Free Hosting" on the dailyD homepage, you will discover that several people (especially "Mark's Blog") have used fairly straightforward construction tools to get what they want.

In fact, when you post on DailyDiapers, you are using one such construction tool....and you had absolutely no idea, did you....

Okay, then go ahead and build a site in 10 min, and show everyone how easy it is. n00b get a life.

Errr... you might wanna re-read the guy's post, man. He said that he didn't know how to do webdesign and that those who know how to do it are in high demand in england. Additionally, he said he didn't believe the ad about learning how in 10 minutes.

Reading Comprehension: F

Errr... you might wanna re-read the guy's post, man. He said that he didn't know how to do webdesign and that those who know how to do it are in high demand in england. Additionally, he said he didn't believe the ad about learning how in 10 minutes.

Reading Comprehension: F

Errr it's England not england

English Language: F

:P

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to have my own web sight with web cam shows and videos with pictures...I was wondering what i need to do to get started?

Just to try and steer this thread back on topic, if you wanna retain control of everything and not have to bother with image hosting site rules, restricted content, etc, here's what you need:

1. A Domain Name

2. A company that can host your site (example- Network Solutions, GoDaddy, etc)

Then you'll need:

3. A Website.

4. Some kind of Java/ActiveX applet for the webcam.

There are many other ways to do it, I'm sure someone will post something to the effect of "You don't need to do that, do this instead", or people saying to write the whole site in Notepad, and then another saying to use Frontpage, etc. So it's really all a matter of opinion.