• They were ready
    • I got tired of changing them
    • I got tired of washing them
    • I wanted to save money
    • They had to be out of them for school/childcare
    • I didn't want my kids to get taken
    • I didn't want to set them up to get bullied
    • Why wouldn't you potty train them?
    • This is the same question I saw at ADISC, why post it again?

I potty trained mine because I got tired of changing diapers and washing them and I wanted to go back and deal with only mine again. I also didn't want to be changing more diapers and washing more so I was hoping he would be out of them by the time my daughter arrived. Plus my son didn't like being wet or messy so I started teaching him to use the potty. Plus I don't want to set him up to get teased about it in school and face all the harassment when he had the luxury to be out of them while incontinent children aren't so lucky and can't quit wearing them.

I was only involved with the training of my oldest daughter. She was ready and it is part of normal development. Yes, I do recall what a large part of the grocery bill diapers were and had better things to do with the money, but I wasn't going to rush it with any of my children.

Guest YoungZeppelin

I dont have any kids but used to do alot of baby sitting. I personally believe that a parent should potty train their kid when the kid is both ready and willing, and beginning school. Left them decided later in life if they want to experiment with diapers, don't let it get forced on them.

I have no kids, so I didn't vote. But, what's up with the "I didn't want my kids to get taken" vote?

I hear you can get charged with neglet if you don't potty train them. It's just a rumor.