LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers too confy ?

My mom thinks that is the reason why there were so many bed wetters because they were out of diapers too soon before they were even ready. Now today you just wait until the kid is ready. There is no set age for when they should be out of diapers and there is no "the sooner the kid is out of the diapers, the better parent you are." I notice people who disagree with this are people who come from a different generation of parenting when it was like that back then where you just forced them and didn't wait. I have noticed people who come from a different generation of parenting from when they were kids don't agree with how parenting is done these days and the people who think that tend to not have kids. Just a pattern I have noticed. Parents who were raised in the 1950's or 60's didn't raise their kids the same way they were raised growing up. My mom certainly didn't raise me the same way how she was raised. She hated the way she was raised growing up and it made her afraid and have lower self esteem and not talk as much so she didn't do that to us. But yet she will say she wasn't abused but now that would be considered abuse an bad parenting but back then that was the way parenting was done. But yet there are some parents who will raise their kids the same way they were raised because my mom has cousins who raised their kids with "Kids should be seen, not heard" and it was that way when they were kids and they kept that parenting method while my mom didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

there isn't any real evidence to show that there are more bedwetters today then say 20 yrs ago even the demographic makeup has remained the same more or less, the too comfy argument is widely used by the real nappy (cloth) advocates as is the environmental theories which are actually in favour of disposables on a carbon lifetime study

There really isn't any way to determine if there are more bedwetters today than in earlier generations. this is a personal matter and not something that is generally openly discussed, so this makes it very difficult to track or do accurate studies of. I guess you can just go by sales of pull ups or 'goodnites' and related garments that 'kids' would supposedly use. But that can be tainted as well and there are many in this community who aren't bedwetters but still buy and use said products for their own 'fetish' interests, not that those sales would affect the total, but when goodnites first came out, (as well as pampers size 7 for a while) stores couldn't keep them on the shelves! :o

Soooooooo....what does that mean??? *shrug* who knows.

Scientific evidence of such things would have to be collected from very small groups...and those can be hard to find, since no many people (parents) would be inclined to mention their kids 'defects' (IE bedwetting) which still suffers from many social stigmas for both the parents and child. So who would want to be open to such criticism and social exposure over such things?? not many.

back to the OP though, are diapers "to comfy" well, I enjoy wearing the ones I like :D both cloth and disposable, and yes, they are Wayyyyyyyy comfy! the soggier they get the better they feel. Can't blame kids one bit for not wanting out of them. But there is a difference in feel between cloth and disposable, so this might help in the potty training area, as cloth 'feels' wet when it is, as opposed to disposables which just feel warm and sqwishy :blush: yet not wet and clammy..so the 'uncomfortable and unfamiliar feeling of cloth might be a good motivator during the potty training stage...help 'move things along' as it were.

Thats just my 2 quid worth :blush:

But thats just me I guess

From what I have learned over the past 30 years, there is a age at which children are exspected to be potty trained, and that is the first day of public school.

For myself, I was potty trained by the age of 30 months according to my mothers records, and at the age of 6 years I begain my rocky road back into diapers, I found out that wearing diapers to school while

In my case--this is all conjecture here based on an entire life of analysis--I believe that MY mother wanted me out of my diapers because she was (and still is) a GERM FREAK.