LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

is there something wrong with me?

I've been looking for a job for a year now, I just need one for money and not career progression. I want to be a teacher yet i'm finding it so difficult to obtain any work experience in schools, they just tell me that they don't take on volunteers and I should try another place. Now I personally don't care what kind of job I do I just need done money to help find what I want to do. Surely i'm not the only one with this problem.

I've redone my CV so many times and been to all the job centre meetings I honestly don't know what else to do.

Anyway thank you for reading my little rant any advice or help would be appreciated.

Wowet

I really don't have much for advice. I'm not sure where you're at but where I am, NY in the US, the economy blows, and jobs aren't easy to get without a connection. I have a pretty decent resume and am a manager in the medical industry and can't find jack. As far as school go, many here are tight on resources.

I know that's not worth much, but I would recommending just finding something, regardless of if it's what you want if you're that hard up.

Okay this is a stretch, but if you speak any French then you can get a job starting next October in France. You'd have to apply now though and it wouldn't be until October (and you gotta get over there and pay for rent/living for the first month). So - like I said it's a bit of a stretch. But it's what I'm doing right now.

Wowet

It isn't you...you wouldn't believe the increase in paranoia and administrative stupidity in schools and around kids these days. And your technique, of volunteering but being childless plays straight into that paranoia and sets off alarms that you have an unnatural and predatory attraction to children, especially if you are male.

The situation has changed vastly since I was your age, so you are going to have to do some research. Talk to the working teachers, and find out where the teacher's aides, and even the teachers themselves, come from. What about the librarian and the other help, like the janitor and the lunchroom? You are trying to get to Rome, you need to look like a fine Roman. Don't forget there will be major differences between the various rypes of school districts, subjects, and even types of schools within districts. Many districts are shrinking because we are having fewer children compared to recent decades. And do investigate the French option, it will definitely make you a better teacher candidate in the future.

If you want to be allowed to volunteer with any activity involving kids, you are going to need a friend, preferably with their own kids involved to introduce you to it and vouch for you until the leaders and parents are comfortable with you and confident that you have the kids best interests at heart. Otherwise you are scary, and alarms are going off.

If you are a churchgoer, don't rule that out as a source of initial experience and networking.

Fyi i'm female.. and I live in England. I've been babysitting children for ages and I have tons of people that can vouch that i'm good with kids. I can't speak or read any French so that option is out.

i'm looking in my local newspapers but they are not adverting for low level jobs only stuff like line managers and high level assistant. I applied for food industry jobs but I didn't get offered an interview. So now i'm just looking for work experience to help build up my CV, and hopefully I can get a job through doing that.

wowet :)

Update for you all

So I took some time to think about what I really wanted out of my future job. I wanted something that offers career progression as well as personal development.

I then realised that even though I enjoyed working with children I don't think the teacher life is for me, I just can't see myself under all that pressure and still come out sane lol (teachers out there you have my upmost respect!!)

So now i'm looking for jobs that will allow me to grow and make my own name and mark in this world, and jobs that offer me on the job training.

I have 3 interviews lined up already.

Wowet