LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Yogi

To quote or possibly parodize Dear Abby by John Prine, you are what you are...and note that there are no former homosexuals, in spite of those nuts who think it can be so. There are also no former diaper lovers. The pont of this is that your strong reactions to being diapered, just like your basic sexual orientation and gender, are either hard wired into your brain or very nearly so, and are probably not going to change even with a herculean effort. The size of Daily Diapers and the come and go over a few months nature of typical forum posters and chatters indicates that a substantial fraction of the population shares these strong reactions, discovers through DailyDi just how normal it is, and gets bored with the discussion and moves on with their life.

Not that the yoga won't help you become aware of these feelings, or, with lots of practice help control just when and how you act on them or possibly find substitutes. You might also gain some reduction in the feelings through saturation -- wearing and using diapers all the time is frankly a lot of work and may desensitize you somewhat.

As for your wife not "getting it", she has strong social instincts giving her incentives not to "get it". She wants a strong, normal husband, not some kind of marginal wierdo with problems that will interfere with her rank and social life. This is perhaps less difficult to change, but attitudes towards sex are also formed pretty early, and were very strongly negative during her formative years. Dan Savage style kink positive attitudes in public are still an act of social courage.

My own wife is a social worker, knows about my feelings toward diapers, and would rather not know about my being padded or otherwise protected. I cooperate in this by generally concealing my diapering from her, and she cooperates by not loking for it. She also has some pretty strong negative associations with diapers, since many of her clients need them and her ex left her to do ALL diaper changes with her daughter.

Your wife peobably doesn't have the sort of educational background required to accept kinkiness as normal. You could ask her to look at this site, and encourage her to post questions. You can also keep the parts that make her uncomfortable as much to yourself as practical. If she doesn't like diapers, there is little point in her participating with that unless she initiates it on her own. If you like, you can also talk to a shrink about the parts of your sexuality that aren't mutual, as a shrink will have more authority on the subject than you alone or an internet diaper site, and will help you work out good, practical compromises that will make you both happier. You have asked us for a little help, and there is nothing wrong with asking your wife and a shrink for a little help.

• Like 2

thanks! I'm feeling a bit better this week. Comes and goes in waves I suppose. I suppose the hardest part is just the underlying tension that never seems to disappear with the spouse around this one issue... But I'm grateful as I could be into something much worse...