LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting TOO used to nappies

Hi all,

I don't know if this is in the right place as there are several areas it can go but whoever is in charge, feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.

Ok, so I am off on my holidays at the minute. At the start of the two week break from work I thought I would wear nappies 24/7 because of several reasons; they're comfortable and my partner likes me wearing and using them to name a few.

Anyway, i thought I would point out that I am not intending to become incontinent, nor do I want to be and also i actually feel sorry for those that have to live with it but anyway.

I have been wearing and using them for just over a week and a half with no issues, rashes or anything of the sort, apart from one. I find now that I have gotten used to them, so much so that I find I don't clench my muscles before and after I pee and on occasions like I always used to do. Also, I find that my bladder is voiding more frequently and in less volume. Don't get me wrong, I do still know that I need to pee but this urge can come on very sudden, even if I have only wet a few minutes before hand and the before I know it, it is released into my nappy. It's a strange feeling, I can feel it coming through the pipe work as I should say but it's like an uncontrollable gush of pee escaping. I find it's worse when I have been lying down and then stand up, not to mention that lying down also makes me feel the need to pee very often.

I decided that because I was back to work soon, I wanted to incorporate not wearing nappies into baby time and thus be a "big boy". One thing I did notice was even with the nappy off I still had to pee frequently which rules out any psychological issue and when I was trying to hold the pee back it stung and hurt until I released it into the toilet. Because it stung I always made a dash for the toilet when I felt I needed to pee.

I have been doing Kegals to help the muscles down there improve although it is still sore to hold my pee back. My partner said I should go and see a doctor incase I have a UTI or something but I highly doubt I have one.

So all this got me thinking, there are people out there who try to become incontinent and lose control down there. How comes it takes them months and maybe years whereas I have been receiving the symptoms of urge incontinence (yes, I done a lot of research myself and found only some useful results) in less than 2 weeks. Does age have a play in this I wondered as I am young, 23 to be precise, but it all doesn't make sense to me.

So, to conclude, I am now spending the next few days trying to get everything back to normal in terms of the plumbing and my partner is helping and supporting me. I just hope everything goes back to normal before I get back to work!

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted a rant and to express my feelings on here. Also if anyone has any tips or experience in what I am going through, feel free to reply.

Pilot

One thing to keep in mind, though, too, is that you haven't actually lost control yet, although your pee habits are changing, and doing so a bit on the fast side compared to the 12-month timeline (which is just one person's experience, after all).

I suspect that there's a couple factors at play here. First, every body is different. Second, you don't indicate how often you have practiced this, but you seem to have slipped into diaper training mode pretty easily. Some people do that a lot more easily than others.

I've become well-practiced in "keeping things relaxed down there" so when I put on diapers I start wetting more frequently - I'm just on Day 3 of a 2-month 24x7 period, and I'm already wetting 4-8 times/hour when I'm awake. Do that for a couple weeks and the body will begin to see that as normal.

During a 30-day period last winter I started having surprise wettings about a couple weeks into it. No sleep wettings yet this time, but they tend to start up when I diaper up, too - just a week into last year's 30 days. When I took the diapers off after the 30 days, I spent a couple weeks having to remind myself to hold it now and then (and had a surprise wetting in a bar a couple nights after I stopped with the diapers.

Yet others have reported difficulties just in "keeping things relaxed down there", and some truly dedicated IC-pursuers have waited several months or more to get that first sleep wetting.

I'm now past 50, so I don't think it's an age thing.

Your willingness to embrace using diapers with a supportive partner probably helps, especially given the mental stigma some have to overcome with the idea of wetting themselves/their pants/the bed. That also helps with the training.

I suppose everyone is different and things happen to different people at different rates. I have been using nappies for as long as I can remember. I didn't wear or use them all the time, just when I felt like it and for a few weeks at a time but nothing like this happened back then, however, because I do have a supportive partner, I guess I'm wearing them a lot more often now, a day or two at a time or for a week or just when I'm in baby mode. I guess I just want to see my partner happy as he likes it when I wear and use them.

It sounds more like a UTI, especially with the frequent voiding and stinging. Go to a clinic or doctor of some sort and have them analyze your urine to see if it is a UTI, and get the antibiotics needed to get it treated. In the meantime, drink a lot of cranberry juice to help clean you out. The cranberry juice makes your urine acidic, which in turn kills off the infection.

Hope it all works out.

-piper

Thanks :) I'm going to get checked out but I'm baffled how I have got one if I do? I don't like the taste of cranberry juice so I'm just drinking water... A lot of it... Which means more trips to the bathroom unless I want wet underwear, the joys! Not :/

One thing to keep in mind, though, too, is that you haven't actually lost control yet, although your pee habits are changing, and doing so a bit on the fast side compared to the 12-month timeline (which is just one person's experience, after all). So the comparison to the "months and maybe years" isn't quite on at this stage. You'll know it if you've really lost control.

I don't want to lose control permanently. I like having control and will always want control. Hats off to those who have to deal with it - I personally don't think I could do it.

My local Kroger surprised me with a store brand of pure cranberry juice last week.The stuff is sour and has an aftertaste, but it will really help a UTI. I don't love the taste, but I do drink it.

Pilot, you are a bit young to have a UTI, so consider if you may have "honeymoon cystitis". Your doc is going to want to check for anatomical issues, so you want to be honest with him or her about what you have been up to.

My local Kroger surprised me with a store brand of pure cranberry juice last week.The stuff is sour and has an aftertaste, but it will really help a UTI. I don't love the taste, but I do drink it.

Pilot, you are a bit young to have a UTI, so consider if you may have "honeymoon cystitis". Your doc is going to want to check for anatomical issues, so you want to be honest with him or her about what you have been up to.