LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pancakes....

I tried to make American Style pancakes for breakfast this morning and failed. They tastes all most like soapy, I think it was the bicarb of soda, salty and I burnt them horrendously.

• Like 1

I L*O*V*E pancakes! :wub: just my all time favorite food! :D usually the scratch or home made kind takes a bit to get used to making, and futzing with the recipe....I usually use Krustez pancake mix, and you just need to add water as it is a complete mix, and they come out pretty dang good too!

Bisquick mix is good also, but you need milk and eggs.

As Moogs said above too...use a medium heat, pre oil the pan lightly, and flip them when the bubbles on top begin to break and the top gets sort of dry. that way you wont be flipping a lot of 'wet' dough around the pan, it will stay put and both sides should be a golden brown....fluffy and YUMMY! :D

*sigh* ...now I want some pancakes! :P

Hmmmm..I'm going to Bob's for dinner tonight before a meeting....might just order breakfast for dinner! :D

YEAH! :thumbsup:

When you're trying a new recipie the first time start with no alterations- the result will tell you whether you want to go any further and which way to go :) Baking from scratch with plain flour is something of an art :huh: Everything becomes a variable; the strength of the baking powder (which goes stale over time), the humidity, the brand of flour, the cooking temperature and time- You get the idea ;) If you learn what each ingredient does and play around with things long enough you will end up with some very good eating :D

I L*O*V*E pancakes! :wub: just my all time favorite food! :D usually the scratch or home made kind takes a bit to get used to making, and futzing with the recipe....I usually use Krustez pancake mix, and you just need to add water as it is a complete mix, and they come out pretty dang good too!

Bisquick mix is good also, but you need milk and eggs.

As Moogs said above too...use a medium heat, pre oil the pan lightly, and flip them when the bubbles on top begin to break and the top gets sort of dry. that way you wont be flipping a lot of 'wet' dough around the pan, it will stay put and both sides should be a golden brown....fluffy and YUMMY! :D

*sigh* ...now I want some pancakes! :P

Hmmmm..I'm going to Bob's for dinner tonight before a meeting....might just order breakfast for dinner! :D

YEAH! :thumbsup:

I like pancakes, I make killer pancakes (I'm an incredible cook, I don't have many great talents but cooking is one of the few I do), but I rarely eat them because they sit heavy on my tummy and make me feel off for some reason, and so regret eating them after. Home made are def the best. I like a little sugar, vanilla extract (not imitation), and just a dusting of cinnamon in my batter. Once cooked, drenched in real butter (margarine should be outlawed), and topped lightly with syrup. Sometimes on the rare occasion I make them I do blueberries or raisins/chocolate chips.