LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Obesity and Incontinence

There was a guest speaker this week at the obesity support group so my mentoring was sidelined by a very interesting 20 year old who gave a very fresh perspective at being fat in an overall un-fat-friendly world and the difficulties all of us dealing with weight and weight-related issues face.

I commented on your other thread. I do think I should add here that when you really need something, go for quality first regardless of cost. Cheapness has to come from somewhere and always has a higher failure and wear rate in comparison <_<

Silly question, Frank

Are those plastic pants vinyl or PUL? (PolyUrethane Laminate) And have you kept them from oil and lotion?

As for wearing out the footwear...it means you ARE exercising, which is a good sign.

Sizing can be kind of funny. With the exact same brand and style, I had a great fit with Medium size, and they appeared to work well :) A friend sent me some in Large, and the lower tension of the leg elastics had me worried- but guess what? They worked even better than the better-fitting Mediums :rolleyes: I've thought it over (and over and over) and I still can't see why it happened. You'd think a tighter fit would seal better! With both, there was no movement so 'tight enough' elastics must have been just that, and the difference in the tightness of the main body was the only real variable. Perhaps the Mediums were 'squeezing' the diaper more? I never thought so but - results don't lie B)

Down 3 pounds this week according to the weigh-in at my regular check-up on Friday. I am not happy with the slow pace of the weight loss but the doctor is happy, especially with the blood test showing a drop in the bad cholesterol.

• 2 weeks later...

As I posted in the other discussion, my new plastic pants arrived, the choice of material seems - so far - to be a good one, the fit is fine and wearing them now a bit looser (my idea, thinking that this would reduce the weight and size induced stress on the material) seems also to be okay overall.

Well, I can say that the club, the pool, Pedro, the private time in the lap pool and the water aerobics classes are working well for me - so much better than all of the other exercise routines I have tried in the past.

Frank, Have you heard of a herb called "Garcinia Cambogia"?? I saw a video online where Doctor Oz (From the TV program..) was talking about this stuff.

Apparently, you take it about 30 minutes before a meal, and it stops the calories from turning to fat cells. I don't have any experience with it, but I have been

checking out sources for it, I'm trying to drop about 30 pounds. There are a bunch of high priced, rip-off sites on line, but I see that Walmart and other local

stores have it pretty cheap.

Frank, you mighrt consider the approach used in AA and NA- those of us helping out are not teaching or preaching as much as we are sharing what we have personally found to be helpful B) If there is anyone 'guilty' it is all of us- there is no hypocracy going on for sonmeone to point a finger at. It is simply a group of people wanting to help each other :thumbsup: Keep it in that perspective, share in successes, and never forget that whatever you say means you too. It will keep you humble but that';s a good thing!

i often like to use a mental trick which i kidnapped from the concept which economists call "the law of diminishing returns". dramatically oversimplified, it means sometimes when having a little of something is very beneficial, each little bit more of it is incrementally less beneficial, and at some point having yet more of it might even be harmful. the example they use is fields and fertilizer - feed your plants and they grow well, feed them more and they still grow just as well, but overwhelm them and they grow poorly or die off.

the idea works with food, too, if i think logically: if i want badly to eat something, that first taste is very good and i figure i benefit from the experience. the fifth taste, not so much; it's not worth it nearly as much as the first one was. if i keep eating the same thing, i might even feel like i should finish the whole thing, and then i suffer the harm of the physical effects of overeating and the mental effects of not sticking to my plan... so i remind myself that only the first few bites will be really awesome, and the rest of the food is only worth filling up on if it's going to improve my health. i remind myself that i am not responsible for rescuing the food from the garbage can. :-)

that sounds easy, doesn't it?

guess what! it's not easy!

because we humans like to get addicted to things. when a guy repeatedly does something that makes him feel good, his body wants to feel good again, or at least it doesn't want to feel any worse, he will become motivated to do the same thing some more. despite any logic or willpower, it will happen sometimes, and we have to expect that. this (admittedly again oversimplified) pattern fits many circumstances of addiction, such as drug use, exercise, gambling, friendship, and eating. :-) but let's focus on eating.

consider for a moment that an overweight guy and an anorexic guy have the same core problem. his body expects food a certain way and in a certain amount, because over a lot of time and repetitions it was conditioned to expect that, and if it changes, his body will respond with illness and stress. these effects can either be left unmanaged and unreleased, and build up and overwhelm him and maybe cause him to give up and resign himself to continuing the behavior that will relieve the stress... or these effects can be acknowledged and managed a little at a time and accepted as a normal part of change. (... does this sound at all familiar?! lol!)

i admit that things are a lot easier for people with money. anorexics have an easier time, because you can't get much cheaper or more convenient than no-food ;-) if i had a lot more money i'd sign up for something like jenny craig, nutrisystem, or seattle sutton's healthy eating, to have my frozen calorie-measured nutrient-rich healthy food delivered to me weekly, and i would do my best to stick to the plan. but i don't, and my wife likes to cook and i like to keep my wife happy when possible, so food prescriptions are not an option. if i had more money and more time too, i would start a fitness program with a personal trainer and improve myself that way, but i haven't decided to try to manage that either... but i am very happy for those that do. it works if you stick with it.

the only good way to change yourself over the long run, whether it's your health or your other hobbies, is to remember that you're the only one in charge of you, be aware of your choices and try to make better ones over time, and not to give up even when you inevitably make bad choices once in a while. it might take a dang long time to reach your goal, but eventually you will notice changes and they will motivate you as well. i wish you good luck!

/signed, the hypocrite who has visited overeaters anonymous and who is a member of the binge eating disorder association, but who still decided to eat a whole bag of chips ahoy cookies last night ;-)