LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Driving Down the I 5 from Northern Washington to Long Beach, CA

Stop by and see Stanley on the way through Redding, I am sure he would appreciate the visit :) Also, maybe make an appointment with Bambino in redwood city to chat about their sizing issues :P Don't know if it would do any good, especially if you don't use their products, but if you are in the neighborhood....pop by to say 'HI'? Or just keep driving.

I visit Monterey every year and if you don't mind a detour off the 5, I have stayed at the Gilroy inn, which is OK *shrug* but there is another place across the 101 freeway thats much better, I think it's the Quality inn or something, but it's pricing was good. As for other hotels to stay, I usually stay at la Quinta inns as I have a membership. They are comfy, reasonably priced and fairly available around the state. Use your AAA card for a discount too :thumbsup:

Hope you ave a great trip and have fun meeting peoples. I might have to scrap my trip up there this year due to work schedules....:( I usually take a week off, but since we have a small crew and inflexible schedule, I might have to pass on one of my favorite trips this year. either that or quit my job :P

Have fun!

SoCal,

Don't know where in Northern Washington, but if you can take a ferry over to to Port Townsend from Coopeville on Whidbey Island, then you can drive down 101 south, past Olympia and then get back on I-5.

I forgot to mention there is a LOT of construction (destruction??) on the 5 at various places and during busy times it makes travel on that highway pure hell :badmood: I had to put up with a lot of it the last time I went up that way. Knowing that, I will take a different route to get to my destination, untill all the mess of completed.

Maybe a coastal route would suit you better anyways, as it's cooler and more scenic as well...

either way, enjoy! :D

Assuming my guess is somewhere about right, you're talking about a 900-1000 mile trip - one way. Realistically, including detours and roadworks sections where you're limited to something like 50MPH you're going to be on the road for something like 8 to 9 hours a day for two days each way .... why don't you fly? :o

Sometimes road trips are more fun than flying, especially if you have the time to spend checking out places you want to stop and see, and meeting people you want to hang out with. Both Socal and I, being natives of this state, are well aware of how long the drive is and how BIG Calif is (It takes somewhere around 12-14 hours to drive from the southern most border to the Oregon border on the North end...thats aB*I*G state!)

So driving has it's advantages if you are touring. yes it takes time, but if you are retired or on vacation, and have the money for fuel and hotels.....it doesn't matter, theres no hurry! :P The only downside is all the construction they are doing on that highway :( I have run it a couple of times and it sucks big time. especially between cities, when your out in the middle of nowhere and you have to slow down because of lane restrictions and traffic....UGH> But it is what it is. Thats why I mentioned that he might want to cut across and come down the 101 / 1 instead. It's a bit slower, but prettier and no construction :thumbsup:

The choice is his though and I hope they had a nice trip! :D

qwack

road trips are awesome, we are driving out to utah next week, its about a 12 hr drive to where we are going by google maps, but will be 14-15 hours cause we will stop along the way and eat and such... but its going to be fun!!! I just wish we had more time so we could spend more time in utah, and more time driving out there and back.. but alas next year we will have more vacation time and spend a week on the trip, not just a few days.

Cool Sarah! :D if you are taking the 80 across Nevada, there are all sorts of cool ghost towns along that route. I did that a few years ago and stopped at Cherry creek and another that I can't remember the name of, but there is a place there that makes high quality ceramics and pottery and is pretty well known. though I didn't knwo that when I went there

yup, road trips are awesome and you see and do all sorts of great things...one of my favorites ways to travel...and burn time ;)

AH! Cool! IF you have a chance, also stop at or go through twin falls.. thats a neat little town :) I stayed there a number of years ago in the winter and it was just a great place. pretty town and very friendly peoples

Have a great trip either way :D

yeah we are driving straight thru, 12 hour drive, but will be 14-15 w/ stopping for lunch and leg stretching breaks, and on the way there are stopping in boise, so now sure where we will stop on the way back, trying to stop at one cool place out and back.. unforuntately its just a short trip - out on thrusday, back on monday, due to needing to save vacation time for a big trip in october.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! no problem, I am sure he would appreciate the company! Thanks for doing that, I don't get up there much and he's pretty much stuck up there w/o any others to 'play with' he mentioned this as well in our last email, so you guys have lots of fun!

Say 'HI' from me as well...

*waves* :)

well that sounds Way cool! meeting up with all sorts of peoples on the way down. I never met inky, but know him from DPF, so give him a qwack too ;)

Having driven up and down both, I prefer the 5, but if you have to go down the 99, leave early, as this time of year it gets hotter then hell through that area, and the road trip is miserable. Especially going south from Modesto....:( UGH! I did that for a few years driving a truck on a long distance run, and No A/C...mid afternoon was like driving through a blast furnace. Hopefully your moms car has good working A/C. and take a lot of water and wear a thicker diaper...you'll need it! ;)

Good to hear from you and enjoy your trip! :D

Thanks Zander.

I have been to Washington many times over the past 26 years.

We are moving my mom to Southern California where we can look after her.

Someone has to drive my mother's car back, so the task fell upon me.

If the 5 become to congested I will switch over to the 99. That is my plan B for now.

I am planning on spending the first night with a Daddy friend in Fife. Possibly meeting up with a diapered couple in Everett along the way.

Then on to Salem Oregon for lunch with Inky Wonky.

Spend the night in Redding with Stanley and then onto Sacramento where I will meet some friends.

Stay Pampered