LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Acceptance

I've been thinking quite a bit about fetishism and the sort of havoc it can wreak on people. Obviously some are more accepted than others - foot fetishism is practically mainstream compared to diaper fetishes, for example. Growing up, I had an extreme amount of stress over my own diaper fetish. I felt broken at times, like a freak. I feared rejection, and the one time my fetish came to the forefront - when I was caught by my parents - my fear was validated.

A common, repeated wish of mine was to be "cured." For my fetish to vanish over night, for therapy to absolve me of my mental prison. I've since come to realize the destructive nature of this mode of thinking - it implies imperfection and inferiority. You can never find happiness until you are satisfied with your own worth.

I know countless others wish they wouldn't have this affliction, this desire to wear diapers or diaper someone else, and/or act like a baby. I enjoy reading thought provoking material on the subject of self worth and I'm surprised to find relatively little discussion about coming to accept this fetish. It seems there are simply two groups of thought - those still struggling to come to terms with it, and those who already have, with little dialog between.

Learning to accept this fetish is important. I learned the hard way that you can't be cured, that this never goes away. The best solution isn't to fight your subconscious but rather to stop hating what you are and learn to manage it. Managing is a broad term, it can mean simply learning when it's acceptable to engage in diaper play or being ok with totally submitting 24/7, and anything in between. I don't think managing can ever mean totally giving up the practice, unfortunately. The truck to managing is to love and accept yourself.

There is no one way to do that. It came with a lot of self reflection for me. I guess I sort of logic'd my way to acceptance - realizing, for example, that gay people don't choose their orientation and can't change it, yet I don't think any less off them, for example. I applied that mode of thought to my own experiences and found solace. A general disdain for those who so often set agendas in this world also helped - if this leader can fuck up municipal matters so greatly and I disagree with him on every fiscal issue, why should I take his opinion on my sexual fetishism to heart?

I guess I mainly learned to only care for my own opinions on things over those of others, and that lead to me listening to my own desires greater, and sort of figured out that I shouldn't judge myself for what I'd beyond my control, ultimately.

Hence this topic. It took me ages to come to this sort of mindset that could grant me inner peace. I know others have experienced this as well. As a young man, I was often so confused by all of this that I would have killed to hear this sort of world view. Anybody else want to share their own thoughts on acceptance and what it had many to them? Their own personal journeys?

I apologize in advance for any typos in this post. I'm writing it from my phone and the handwriting recognition on this thing isn't always the best.

I really don't care what ignorant people think or have to say about my fetish. It's mine! I have had it with me since pre-puberty. I live with it. It's sort of like one of my arms, it's just there. Oh by the way, it brings me intense enjoyment while trying to navigate my way through a difficult world full of crazy people!

I really don't care what ignorant people think or have to say about my fetish. It's mine! I have had it with me since pre-puberty. I live with it. It's sort of like one of my arms, it's just there. Oh by the way, it brings me intense enjoyment while trying to navigate my way through a difficult world full of crazy people!
That's certainly an interesting take, but one that isn't realistically one that most can hold. I envy your ability to not care what others think, I really do. Despite accepting who I am and generally not caring to let people in on my fetish, I still do care what others think. Like if my friends found out and rejected me, I'd be crushed. It's not black and white to me, I can value someone's input while avoiding their input of diaper fetishes. My trick is that I've figured out that I dont need others to approve, and thus don't seek out their input. It's sort of easier for me since I want simplesexual fulfillment from wearing diapers rather than to live the AB lifestyle, but I don't feel the need to clue people in on my personal actions. I guess I've learned true privacy - the need to share only with those I care most for. It's basically a mental change. I haven't done anything differently - when I didn't accept myself is not like I told people in my life what I did anyways. It's more like I've decided to not worry about telling others. It makes a huge difference for me, that mindset really repairs my mental health.

I enjoyed ur post! I too spent a good portion of my life stressing about this unique part of me! I too was caught by my parents. It was horrible! I had an ex girlfriend tell 2 of my friends about my diapers! We were still together at that time. She had a key to my house and took my friends to my house and showed them my diapers and onesies when I was out of town for work! It destroyed me! There was a time I really didn't think I would make it through the embarrassment and shame! I'm pretty sure that most everyone that knows me now knows my secret! It was horrible until I met the woman that is now my wife! She truly accepts me for who I am. She is supportive of me and has done everything she can to understand why I need to wear diapers! Her acceptance allowed me to accept myself! My friends have never brought it up, but if they did the support that my wife has given me has given me the confidence to be honest with them if the time ever comes! Wearing diapers has been a great source of comfort and a great source of stress for me. Dealing with this has given me empathy for others that are out of the norm! I wish everyone here the very best and pray we all find acceptance from self and others!

A most excellent post HitorMiss :thumbsup: Each of us does take out own path to self-acceptance because each of us has different needs and is in a different situation in RL. I say "I don't care what others think" and at the basic level, it is true. However I do care what some people think of me up to a point- that point varies with who they are and what they mean to me. The bottom line still is that I am who I am so if anyone doesn't accept that then I don't need them in my life ;) For me this journey was easier, being TG and having spent a couple years living as a female apart from work- something that you cannot hide from anyone in your personal life. I learned a lesson from that: If someone really cares about you, they will still care when they find out your 'big secret'. You are still really you; the only difference is that you have shared with someone something they did not yet see in you bit which was always there in you anyway. You will also find new friends coming along when you 'come out' because it changes you into something better :)

• Like 1