LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Losing Weight Progress And Encouragement

this morning i weighed in at 174lbs - the least i've weighed in a year and a half :-D i've been stuck at 175-180 for the last two weeks... i'm thinking of starting the insanity workout dvd series just so i don't lose momentum. i want to beat my 49-day losing streak. 25lbs down, 40lbs to go!

how are you folks doing?

hnumbers, good luck with your surgery! my wife had to have that done; she's in a lot less pain on random occasions now :-)

i thought of a joke! my co-workers are asking about me, since i've lost 25ish pounds. the next time someone asks "have you lost weight?" i will say "yeah, i'm trying to follow a diet that came with my shoes." if they take the bait and ask "what do you mean?" i will say "i found an information packet in one of my new shoes... it said 'do not eat'. and so far so good!" ;-D

Well it has been about 24 hours since my surgery. I freaking hurt. The doc said my gallbladder was nearly dead.

Now one month of recovery ahead..... And hopefully a good amount if weight loss!!

• 4 weeks later...

h$number: how are you feeling so far after the surgery?

cdlover: i gotta start insanity again soon. p90x had too much crazy arm stuff; my arms suck and need some prep work. how's it going for you?

I finally started a diet and exercise program a few weeks ago. I'm not doing anything too scientific and probably suboptimal, but I'm okay with that. I wanted to do something I could stick with long term even if I don't hve instant results gratification.

Right now I am counting calories just to understand food better, but my eventual plan is to do away with that once I know the calories of what I typically eat. Already I can see the patterns fom that I can work with. I have enough calories for 1 large meal, 1 medium meal, 1 dessert/treat, and healthy snacks (in moderation). If I don't have a treat I can eat 2 medium-large meals. I used to eat multiple large meals with treats and snacks all the time. Some days more or less but more than I needed. Now I can decide: If I want those donuts in the break room, or a soda, then that means a smaller lunch or dinner. I have the choice and can still give in to my cravings, and that's a good thing.

Current goals are 2000 calories a day and walking/jogging 5 days a week.

When I decided to do this, I figured the exercise would be the hardest part, because I generally hate it. But it turns out I really enjoyed the walking and I am very competitive with myself. I've been jogging more, even though I know it's harder on the knees, because then I can get a faster average time by the end, and plus it is just more fun and I can see more scenery. My dog likes it too, I hadn't been going on walks with her like I should have. She knows around the time we should be going (animals are amazing) and she gets all excited. That excitement is infectious.

I don't have a scale, don't even know my starting weight (around 180-190? I'm 6'1" tall). But, my 36" jeans were getting tight, my neck was getting chubby, and I had a belly forming. Since I've been getting into crossdressing eventually I will need a nice wig. To treat myself, when I have to tighten my belt a notch I will get myself the wig. I don't even know what I want yet, but I have plenty of time to figure it out.

cdlover: i gotta start insanity again soon. p90x had too much crazy arm stuff; my arms suck and need some prep work. how's it going for you?

• 5 weeks later...

well, after spending about three months exhibiting no diet/exercise self-control and gaining 12 pounds, i'm back on a plan. both because i want stuff to fit better, and because even though i passed my most recent fitness test, i've failed two already within the past two years. the amount of crap i get rises exponentially with each failure... if i fail, crap ^ 3 involves me not getting promoted next year, and if i fail again crap ^ 4 probably gets me fired. my next test is in mid-october, and i will be damn fine at running, push-ups, and sit-ups by then :-D ("wildsign!")

how's everyone else? diaperpony, did you earn your wig yet? :-)

Not yet, but my pants are loose and I have to pull them up all the time! :D Wasn't expecting that so soon. I've been struggling with the exercise due to the heat and humidity. I want to do it, but not when it makes me feel ill. So maybe in a few I can start again.

Good luck with your plan!

• 3 weeks later...

back on the plan :-) no strict regimen, just need to lose some waist inches and pass my test by mid-october, or i won't qualify for an important training class i'm already scheduled for in november. (six weeks away from home, i get to drive two hours each way to be home on weekends, and i think i'll get my own room! now that's motivation!)

• 4 weeks later...

whisko, I've read your posts and you seem to yoyo on weight. This statement I've quoted speaks volumes about your thought process.

yeah, i have been a problem child in the fitness category; my entire adult life i've been kinda yoyoing between 180 and 200. i am kind of a binge carbohydrate eater, and i got completely thrown off of my original highly-motivated plan and am now trying to catch up and mitigate and do good enough not to get complained at...

What is your job that requires these fitness tests? Is it Law Enforcement/Military related?

military - i'm in the u.s. air force, enlisted for 10 years now. i've been rather good at my primary job, decent at supervision and leadership, and squeaking by at physical fitness. i really need to fix myself; diapers are both more fun to use and easier to conceal when my uniforms are a little baggy on me :-)

• 2 weeks later...

yaAaAay! i passed my test! i didn't achieve my personal goal of scoring 90%+, which allows one to avoid the weekly office workout session and skip the next semiannual test... but i did score above 75%! if i hadn't, i'd be in nutrition classes and remedial daily early-morning workouts, and receive professional counseling and personal grief. been there done that bought the t-shirt. but this time i'd also become ineligible for a six-week out-of-town class i'm already scheduled for next month, and get a biiig black mark on my record. phew!

ironically i seem to do better while i'm not stressed about this test, so hopefully today starts a period of successfully becoming more fit!

I've been actively logging my food intake and exercise (including my walking while on campus which is a lot of exercise in its own right) for just about a month, and I've already lost 5lbs. I know for some that's a sneeze compared to others losing 10 or 20 lbs in a month. But I have noticed while logging my food with "MyFitnessPal" app that I tend to over indulge when I'm out with mom eating fast food. This is definitely an area I'm steadily working on. For example instead of ordering a large soda pop, I have started getting smaller cups. Instead of a big Mac, I order a single patty cheeseburger. And finally I skip the sides like French fries (even though they are a major weakness), and at home I'm cutting way down on the soda pop. Not cutting it out entirely. Tried that once and I got terrible headaches.

From what Ive heard and read, losing weight slowly over time is better than quick losses. Your body doesnt go into a starvation mode, and assuing you are satisfied by what you are eating, it can become your way of eating long term.

• 2 months later...

ooohkay, time to resurrect a necro-thread ;-) (sorry Bettypooh for letting this one die!)

i'm still in about the same situation, because i've still been making about the same decisions. recently i decided that i should make new decisions that are easier and less vague:

- i drink only water, milk, juice, and beer. i stop the constant energy drinks and diet sodas.

- i admit that i have had binge eating disorder for a very long time now, and it's time for me to just be honest.

- i'm looking for an accountability buddy in case i am being pulled to misbehave again, though so far it has been 2 weeks and so far so good...

insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. i plan to spend the next few months breaking lifelong habits and creating self-discipline :-D