LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Waking Up With "that Awful Feeling" - Bedwetting

Is part of the problem, JBonn, that you don't trust your nightime diaper to protect you and your bedding? Are you worried about staining your mattress? My suggestion in general is to first relieve all your conscience concerns. I have a mite/bed bug/waterproof zippered cover over my mattress and top it with a simple cotton washable mattress pad and then put incontence pads on top of it in the "usual" places. This is all covered by the fitted sheet.

Is part of the problem, JBonn, that you don't trust your nightime diaper to protect you and your bedding? Are you worried about staining your mattress? My suggestion in general is to first relieve all your conscience concerns. I have a mite/bed bug/waterproof zippered cover over my mattress and top it with a simple cotton washable mattress pad and then put incontence pads on top of it in the "usual" places. This is all covered by the fitted sheet.

It seems that your diaper is not absorbing quickly enough. You didn't mention what kind you wear but the better ones will absorb more quickly and leave you with less chance of leaking. Molicare, Tena, and Wellness all have better product than you are likely to find locally. Store brands and Depends generally don't have the ability to absorb quickly. Cloth diapers are also good for this, but do take more time and effort to use. Pointing your 'johnson' to where the best absorbency is may also help, though that may take some getting used to. You may also want to consider buying a diaper cover with a lining which can catch some excess if it should escape from your diaper. Rare is the person who cannot find something that works for them, though the solution may not initially be comfortable. In time you will find some comfort with anything, and if it solves a bigger problem there's some mental comfort in knowing you have succeeded in that.

I always add terry lined plastic pants from Jenny at BabyKins over my nighttime disposable diaper. Should I leak the terry will pick it up and since I do not leak often I only wash the otter pants every 7 to 10 days. Also I use at home and travel with reusable pads that I sleep on, if you are going to wear and wet at night you need to feel totally confident with your diapers or else you get that awful feeling.

Guest diaperj71

Been there done that. I use Dry 24/7 with good results. I make mine tight though. Bottom tabs pointed up and top tabs towards down. As the other poster pointed out, being aroused is where it is hard to keep yourself in place but for a lot of people that have been wearing for years, it doesn't happen as often. I'd second the suggestion of using a soaker pad of some type.

JBonn:

It is not at all strange that you got back to bed and to sleep without changing..that minimizes your lost sleep, which is important.

I have a couple of additional alternatives for you to think about in terms of ensuring that your protection is fully functional at night that the other posters did not mention. I agree with them that real confidence in your protection is an important part of a good night's sleep, probably more so than the rest of your psychological reaction to the idea that the diapers aren't, in some sense, real.

First, my diaper stuffer is a Tena Ladie's pee pad, at the best available absorbency. This is available in drugstores in the US, in a blue package.

Second, I have at various times worn an external catheter setup and a leg bag. These are available without prescription at surgical supply houses as well as on line. You will need to know the circumference or diameter of your male equipment, so the adapter which rolls onto it and directs the pee into the tubing can be sized correctly. I found this to work very well for keeping my bed dry.

Good luck...especially if your bed is properly protected, an acciden that wets it will be no big deal, so you won't have to dread it so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Once you are convinced, you should always be waking up with a wet, and sometimes messy diaper and have no memory when you wet/messed, but be careful, since you have conquered the fear, for most, the primary drive to toilet train, you could loose all your night-time control, even when not diapered.

Folks, please remember that this is the "Incontinence Medical" forum, not the "Incontinent Desires" forum. This one is here to assist and support those who are incontinent against their will, not by choice, so please keep that in mind in all your posts and responses here ;)

Guest stephdiapered

Folks, please remember that this is the "Incontinence Medical" forum, not the "Incontinent Desires" forum. This one is here to assist and support those who are incontinent against their will, not by choice, so please keep that in mind in all your posts and responses here ;)