LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Curious About Your Experience Over The Years . . .

I have PAD and also cervical spondylosis! I have had trouble for several years and use diapers. My doctor told me that this urinary problem can come from the neck problem. He also told me surgery on the neck may alieve the pain but can't say if the urinary problem will stop! I have decided to use diapers and plastic and don't care what anyone thinks! It is better to wear protection than destry furniture,clothes, and matresses from non use!

Well I was Born with Spina Bifida, The doctors had to operate on my back to close the hole shortly after i was born. According to my Mum the Doctors told her there had been complications during the surgery and a nerve in spine had been cut. As a result I would never gain control of my bowls and most likely never gain bladder control either. They my Mum that I would most likely be incontinent for the rest of my life and have to wear diapers 24/7.

Well my Mum and Dad Tried to potty train me for years, I was 11 when they gave up and accepted I would need diapers for the rest of my life. The Hospital paid us a lump some of money and agreed to cover the cost of my Diapers, but we still have to pay for wipes, rash cream, and bed pads.

I have no feeling of when im going to poop, it just falls in to the seat of my diaper, but the worst part of this is I can feel when my bladder is filling I just cant control it or when it empties.

I can be sitting in a restaurant chatting to friends and the next thing I know, I have a load in my pants mid conversation.

I would never have chosen to be Incontinent, but after 17 years of living like this I have learned to accept my diapers and make the best of them.

That said, does anyone ever have problems identifying when they have wet or when they are wetting ?

Very often I find I can not tell if I have wet or if I am going, but once I soil myself I know it almost instantly, and I change just as quick.

Having not been toilet trained, it is understandable that your bowels behave as described. One of the learnt processes in toilet training is to understand the feeling of a partially full bowel, and to act accordingly. Your bowel sphincter behaves autonomic – the same way as it did when you were a chorological infant.

Your bladder is a different process, and most infants will become self aware of their need to void their bladder by the time they are eighteen months old. The habit then, means that they will wake to void – if asleep, or tend to first – make whoever is taking care of them aware that they are voiding, and secondly, tend to hide behind some furniture before voiding in their diaper. This process is one of the key indicators that their caretaker uses to start the process of toilet training.

Since you have no direct control on your sphincters, the sphincter will open via the same infantile autonomic response.

For bladder control, in your case, you could be suitable for an indwelling bladder sphincter. However, since you are autonomic bowel incontinent, you would need a strict bowel evacuation management routine. This would reduce the amount of wet / soiled diapers you have to deal with, but not totally eliminate it.

Thank you for your reply, Having been through multiple Surgery's I don't fancy the Idea of an Indwelling Bladder Sphincter being fitted. I have a very low pain threshold and even the slightest bump will cause me a great deal of pain. The last Surgery I went in for was more out of necessity than choice, I had a Seizure while I was outside walking, and when I fell I somehow manged to give myself a Compound Fracture in the arm. I can only guess I must have put my arms out infront of me to break my fall.

When I came round from the seizure I screamed like a girl about to be raped, eventually I passed out from the pain. The surgery afterwords was the most painful thing I ever experienced it is only because of that surgery that I remember that I had that Seizure.

Thankfully the nurses at the hospital were good enough to give me some Morphine for the pain, but that was only after they had gone through every other Painkiller in the Drug Cabinet.

First off let me open with saying spina bifada is not caused by a surgery. It is a birth defect were the never ending are on the out side of the body in a sack like thing. When the child proceeds thru the birth canal the sack or sacks are broken and its from that point down that all nerve damage. The reason I know this is that my twin brother was born a total bifada and was paralised from the wast down and was also totally inconstant and I was born with what they call spina bifada occoulta. My enter spine was not exposed to the out side of my body. But it still left me with a lot of nerve damage. I have no bladder control and very little bowel control. Witch I treat with enamas and what not.

Thank you for your reply.

First off let me start with pointing out that I never said that my Spina Bifida was caused by any of my Surgery's, I was born with it just as you were. I have Hydrocephalus which the Surgeons installed a drain for, I have Aspergers Syndrome, I Have Learning Difficulties, I have a total of 8 toes as I am missing a toe from both feet, and I have a Spinal curve which is being treated with a back brace that I have to sleep with.

Secondly I do not appreciate people contradicting my Disabilities. My Disabilities make me smart yet as incontinent as a newborn, I have surfed a lot of pain from surgery to try and make myself look like a normal human being.

If I did not have these disabilities why would I go through that pain.

And why would anyone go through a surgery just to gain a Disability ?

• 1 month later...