LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wannabe Incontinent Challenges

InD

There are lots of us that would like to be incontinent 24/7. The "ultimate" dream of having no control, to *need* to wear diapers. As anyone who is truly incontinent will tell you, this can really suck.

So I thought I would put together a list of challenges or tasks that we would want to contemplate or actually do to see if you are really ready to make that step to 24/7.

A few of my thoughts were :

1. Dating and telling your prospective partner you wear diapers (this is not a first date conversation of course. Also does not apple to those of you in relationships already).

2. Wearing (and using) diapers while sick. When all you want to do is crawl in bed and die having to deal with diaper changes is hard.

3. The Gym. Managing working out, change room, etc all while diapered (or in a pull-up of course).\

4. Vacation or Road Trip. Packing diapers, remembering to change. Having to change on the airplane if it's a long flight, etc.

5. Hanging out with family. Think Thanksgiving, Xmas, whatever. You still have to use diapers, you have no control after all.

I think that's a good enough start. Anyone else want to share?

(can't start my list with #6, so ...)

1. Extra time to get ready ( I suppose if you're using pullups, not so much)

2. Lots of extra laundry (if using cloth)

3. Always carrying extra diapers/supplies

4. Interruptions during the day for changing (takes longer than a "normal" trip to the bathroom)

5. Possible alterations to your preferred clothing fashion choices (no skin tight pants or short skirts)

6. Extra cost (budget 3 cases of disposables per month)

If this is a choice, it doesn't easily fit into the on-the-go lifestyle. Personally I'm content with being able to choose whether or not to be diapered. I usually am, but I know I can go without if needed. In spite of all the reasons I wear, I know I'll freak if I start having accidents without a diaper on.

Trying to keep it discreet at work/ changing in bathrooms at work and having to have a diaper bag. When our office is quiet I think every one can hear the diaper crinkling.

Unexplained wet spots- accidents.

Putting strangers in awkward positions.

Sleeping in wet bed if it leaks-or getting up to change it.

-slight odor wherever you go-lingering around you.

-slight odor in your home.

-increases AC bill.-increased body temp

- decreased sex ability/drive

-ruined carpet/furniture/clothes

-limited job opportunities.

-loss of friends/strain on current relationships

- extra medical bills

-increased risk for utis

-another dr. (urologist) to deal with

- always need backup case/supplies

-Blake-

Another one is having to wear when staying with relatives...not just hanging around with them.

What I hate the most is changing in tight spaces. I prefer to lay down to change my diapers, but unfortunately that isn't always possible. I've had to change in tight bathroom stalls where there was barely any elbow room or space enough to pull down my pants to get to my diaper.

Going on a trip and needing almost one whole suitcase just for diapers.

Yes, changing in an airplane restroom is NOT fun.

Using a stall at a busy roadside rest area where you know people are wondering why you're standing with your feet facing an odd direction (because you're back against the side wall to get your diaper on.

Leaking because you're on a road where you can't find a public rest room.

There must be more, but lots of stuff have already been listed. Actually, while I've been 24/7 for only a year and a little more, I have adjusted fairly well.

I do agree, however, that if someone wishes they were incontinent, they ought to go through some of these challenges. Some people will be fine and others will change their minds about wearing all the time.

Most of these are great reasons that I have never tried to become incontinent, despite desire or curiosity. However:

2. Wearing (and using) diapers while sick. When all you want to do is crawl in bed and die having to deal with diaper changes is hard.

I agree that putting them on while sick is much harder, but for me wearing one makes the act of crawling in bed to die that much more comforting.

• Like 1