LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New "My Content" Not So New?

For the last several months I've noticed something strange. When I login to the forum I typically click on my name in the upper right, and drop down to My Content. If I'm understanding how this is supposed to work, it shows threads I have either started or posted on and if there is a new post on that thread it shows up in dark font and is moved to the top of the list for most current.

However, what I often see is if I scroll down a bit, some threads show up with dark black font, may even be starred (not sure what that means) but are not moved up to the top. These threads, when I click into them, don't appear to have any new content from the last time I checked them.

On the flip side, when I manually browse threads, occasionally I'll find one that I commented on a while back with new posts attached, but they never showed up as "new" in the My Content area.

Perhaps linked to this, perhaps not, If I manually browse a whole sub-forum I'll typically read the threads that appeal to me and then click the Mark This Forum as Read option. I may come back to that forum late in my visit to find some things marked as unread, some as read, w/o any apparent new content.

TLDR: Is the forum software flaky when it comes to new/unread content for logged in users?

Well, I'm referring to 'New Content' as opposed to 'My Content' but you may have this problem - scroll up and check the bar on the left-hand side. Since the crossover this has appeared with options pertaining to timeframe, such as when you last visited or the last 24 hours, et al.

I'm sorry if that doesn't solve your problem, but as for the star, a star indicates that's a thread you have made a post in that has received replies you've yet to view.

I think I would go with what FF said and filter it with the "View New Content" and then select "Items I Started" or the Participated one, off the column on the left of the page and see if that helps. I always use the "View new Content" when I come in, so if that be the case, It has never failed to show the days posts. Then again i ready all the post several times a day. Sometimes the system will reset while I am still viewing the new posts so I have to go and hit the "last 24 hours to make sure I got them all"

but as for the star, a star indicates that's a thread you have made a post in that has received replies you've yet to view.

I'll try the suggestion. Seems like that would give me a general set of new posts, but not necessarily anything tailored to what I've contributed to. Not that I don't care about other threads, just want to read the ones that I've already chimed in on, first. :)

Yeah, regarding the star, do you have to read each page of the replies for that thread to get it marked as "read"? I've just been going in and viewing the last/most recent page, but it will pop back up as "unread" in the future, despite the fact that the newest content is months old.