LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Well done, Christine. I knew that they were making rubber pants around the turn of the century (1900), but didn't know how far back they went. I found an add for a pair of rubber pants in a 1908 Sears & Robuck catalog. They weren't the button kind like you found, but more of the short, bloomer style panty. Petite 100 noted that Playtex had been making other than rubber pants back in the 40's. I don't know who or when modern day plastics were discovered, but if I had my guess, I would believe it was back during WWII. The 50's, 60's, and early 70's were it's hey-day for plastic pants as far as I know. I've done a lot of research in women's journals (Better Homes & Garden, Red Book, Ladies home Journal, etc.) starting back in the early 50's. If you're near a University Library, check to see if they have kept copies of these magazines/journals. Some have archived them or put them on microfishe. Some are stored away and depending on what you want to look at, you can get the librarian to bring them in for you. When you find them, you'll spend hours going through them. You don't see adds like these anymore.

I do not know if you would remember them, were they a kind of translucent light goldish-tan or ecru in color?