LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wow.... I Can'T Believe I Just Bought That

sarah_ab

Wow this topic makes me feel like the cheap ass university student I really am.

The largest transaction I've had to makes is just over £3000 on university tution fees for the year and after that barely anything I buy reaches triple digits. Heck that's the point of studying at University though isn't it, so I can be like all you crazy spenders.

IF you read these posts, most of this isn't "crazy spending" it is buying things that add value to your life or things you need to accomplish the goals you have, or just help with work or a job / business. Crazy spending is just blowing cash and money for no reason, or as a broke cousin of mind said one time, buying stuff just to have it" which makes absolutely NO sense what so ever. :screwy: I am a practical person, so if I go to the bother to buy something and spend, it is for a good reason. As I posted before, having money is actually a liability and responsibility. The challenge is how you take care of it and put it to work for you, instead of blowing huge amounts of cash, then being broke again, which is what most people do...including those who win millions in the lottery, only to declare bankruptcy years later because they are broke, due to very poor financial knowledge or planning and activity. $1,000,000 invested at 5% is $50,000 a year income...you live on the income and keep the larger portion (called your principle) invested and working for you. You live and spend the interest, and as long as you retain and keep the principle working (and hopefully growing) you can live for free :D If you are working and don't "NEED" to money, reinvest it into other things that pay you back, this way you will always have money, and few worries. IF YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR MONEY, YOUR MONEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU! If you don't, it wont.....which is why Lottery winners are going bankrupt....:P The money I 'spend" is actually money from investments I have made long ago and that is paying me back. I keep investing and saving, and the more i invest > the more I make > the more I make > the more I save > The more I save, the more I invest. I call that a "money engine" it feeds itself (through me) and keeps growing. I'm working, so I don't "Need" the money, so it keeps growing....this is how people get rich....by NOT spending recklessly,but putting their money to work and using the resulting proceeds to do the things they want. I mean, think about it, how much money do you really NEED? If you had $1,000,000 what would you do with it? Spend it? Ok, then one day you wake up and you don't have $1,000,000 anymore but $850,000...and it keeps getting smaller. Then one day you wake up and look and it's gone, and you get bills in the mail to pay....This illustrates someone not taking care of their money, but just recklessly spending because they don't know what to do, and again, the lottery winners....and why they are now broke. I work with a lot of young people and try to get this point across, and how to manage their pay checks so that they can get a head on things....but they insist that they need that newest iphone or latest shoes or what ever....another generation of American who will be broke and whining about what every one else has....when they had the opportunity to have something and build something for later on.There is a quote from Warren Buffett tha I saw on teh back of a shirt and really like. "SOMEONE IS SITTING IN THE SHADE TODAY, BECAUSE OF A TREE THEY PLANTED LONG AGO" I continue to plant trees, so I can live in the shade :D....no crazy spending, just investing so I can have what I want. ;) It works, try it sometime. :thumbsup: