LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Possible Stress Incon?

Not sure if this is exactly the right forum to put this , but would appreciate some feedback. I should start by saying I’m male, early 20’s and had no prior problems. I’ve been back at the gym doing my normal routine after about three weeks away. I always do 20 minutes or so of skipping for cardio. About five minutes in, I suddenly got an intense urge to urinate and my bladder began to spasm. I rushed to the washroom and produced a moderate amount of urine. Everything seemed ok after except the muscles in my bladder were a bit sore for the remainder of the workout. I went again two days later. This time I broke it up. 20 minutes, of skipping and an hour of other stuff. While doing the last 10 minutes, without warning my bladder just let go. I was pretty shocked and embarrassed. It wasn’t a large amount but left around a lemon sized wet spot on my gym shorts. I had no idea I had to pee, it literally just happened. I haven't had a real accident since I was a small kid, At this point, I’m not too worried but will keep monitoring the situation. I did a bit of research about stress incontinence which this seems to fit but I understand its not very common in guys. I wanna make clear that this is in no way trying to make light of people with real incon issues. Although I do wear only for want, the idea of peeing my pants unexpectedly in public is not something I hope to do. So, I suppose I’m wondering if anyone, particularly folks with not much prior history have ever had troubles while doing physical things?

Cheers and thanks

I've always had SI to a smaller degree, but I do remember that when I began working for a living that any heavy exertion required that I first 'clamp down' on my bladder sphincter in case it was one of those moments, which I could never tell ahead of time. In your case discussing it with your doctor might gain you some help. That's how I learned to 'clamp down'- it was the only solution my doctor back then had to offer me. He was my pediatrician (actually a GP for everyone) and a cranky old goat to boot, but he did know of my wetting history and had done some cursory examination of that to no avail. Most of that research on me was done by military doctors elsewhere, the results of which he had seen and knew he couldn't do any better. For most of my adult life that solution worked but as I age it's not as effective so I always wear protection now.

Yours is a more common type of occurrence than you might think, and it may be treatable- look into that ;) You may also want to try a different cardio routine that doesn't 'bounce' you as much- that might help too. Good luck with finding the solution!

Bettypooh

Thanks for the info, Bettypooh. I've got an appointment to see my gp but its not till the first week of September. Might trying wearing a pad or pull up next time. I'm almost curious to see if its something I'm doing in my routine that causesd the problems last time. What does it mean to clamp down?