LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does This Sound Strange To Wear Diapers For Nocturia.

Hey everyone

I’m Paige and I’m 25 years old. I’ve posted here before but its been quite some time. I officially came out to my family as a MtF transgender woman about a year and a half ago. Now I’ve I recently started hormone replacement therapy which seems to going good. However right now I feel like I’m about to cry, as I’m considering going back to wearing diapers at night again. Due to having to take 100mg of Spiroonolactone twice a day which is also a diuretic by the way, It has also caused sever night time nocturia. I wake about every two hours to go pee at night which in the morning I still find my self tired. I feel really shameful and embarrassed wearing diapers at night being that I know I can make to the toilet at night. Now I’ve tried cutting back liquid at night and it doesn’t seem to help so you can throw that out the window. As for daytime issues I seem to be peeing more often then I would like.

Daytimes pretty bad also I find my self using the restroom about every hour or more. Now in the past I’ve dealt with daytime incontinence and had to wear diapers which thank god I no longer have to, but I’m starting to notice small wet spots on my underwear and they usually smell like pee when take them off. I’m also considering on starting to use pads during the daytime. Does wearing some sort of protection sound strange for all of this. I just wanna cry.

PS Can anyone recommend a good daytime pad.

Paige, many AB's would love to have a rock solid excuse to wear diapers during the night, and also during the day, like you have. Now I don't know anything about pads, but Abena M4's can hold a real flood, and they feel very very good under a pair of jeans. If you want something a little less bulky, ATN all through the night will also work.

Spiro never did that to me but I was taking about 50mg daily B) I can't recall hearing of anyone else with a similar problem, though a few did mention needing to get up a bit more at night because of the diuretic effect :whistling: If you just started then as your body gets used to it you might settle down ;) Big changes take getting used to. There are a couple other anti-androgens out there if it gets to be too big of an issue, but simply making allowances for it (diapers, bedchucks, waterproof sheet etal) may be the best short-term solution until you find out where things are going to settle down.

Bettypooh

Hey everyone,

It's Paige so last night I I made the decision to wear a diaper (for those of you who are wondering it was a Bambino) before I went to bed. I guess I just wanted a decent night of sleep for once. By the time I awoke I felt well rested However My diaper was a different story being that it was completely soaked :( . After last night I've come to the decision that maybe wearing diapers at night might be the best thing for me at this point, until I can talk to my doctor. I really don't wanna talk to my doctor about this nor do I really want to have to go see my urologist again. FML right now, and on top of all this happening I'm going away on vacation with some good family friends starting the 5th though the 8th and staying in there coach motor home. I usually sleep on the couch in their motorhome, but thats not the problem. You see I feel really embarrassed about having to get up four times a night to use restroom and not mention that disturbs my sleep. Eeek what should I do?

Also I'm I'm afraid about the car ride up. You see I'm tagging along with there daughter which is now married and meeting the parents with the Motor home up there. However I'm going to feel really embarrassed having to ask to pull over every hour or half hour. I think I'm going to wear heavy poise pad as back up and try my best to hold it. Please help any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Paige

Come on girl, it sounds like you are fishing for permission for something you need to do, for convenience sake. It really is not reasonable for you to ask them to pull over every hour or half hour. Wear a big enough diaper that will last between every time the caravan pulls over to buy gas, then change in the restroom. Wear something the size of an M4 with a few soakers. You mentioned that you came out to your family as TG? Explain that one of the medications you are on to transform you into the woman you are has a diuretic effect, and you will be wearing diapers for their convenience. Alarm bells started ringing when you said you would try to wear discreet pads, and hold in the rest. Do not even try to hold it in, this could tell your body that you are ashamed of urinating, and having to go so often. Wear the biggest, bulkiest diaper you can find, if that is what you need. Same thing for sleeping in your family friend's trailor. You deserve a good nights rest, and should not have to wake up four times a night, let alone be ashamed of it. Simply wear something big enough to let you sleep the entire night, use plastic pants if you are worried about leaking.

The last thing I want is for you to develop shy bladder, from a traumatic bathroom related incident, or an embarrassment about your bodily needs. I have a mild form of it now, and believe me when I tell you that it came directly from Dante's 9th circle of hell, especially when I had a more severe case. It occurs when the subconscious recognizes public restrooms as an unsafe place, and that urinating in there is unsafe. If you develop this affliction, you will not be able to urinate in the presence of others, real or imagined, and may have to wait for bathrooms to clear out, before anything will happen.

iCrinkle2 / Paige,

You are right that Spiroonolactone is a duretic, and a 25 - 50mg dose would cause some leakage. It's prime purpose is to reduce the production of aldosterone, the hormone that regulated salt and water balance in your body. 200mg a day seems excessive to me. Be careful that you do not dehydrate yourself, or overdose on salt. What I do suggest that with you also increase your water intake. As you stated in your post, you are urinating more often than regular to the extent that you are leaking on your clothes in the daytime, and overnight, you are losing sleep.

To this, diapers are not only advisable, they are required at night... as well as some daytime protection.

I would discuss this further with the doctor who prescribed such a high dose of Spiroonolactone. How long are you going to be on this?

Hi Paige, Spironalactone is the most commonly prescribed med for help lowering testosteroneand they use it because it allows you to use a lower dose of estrogen to get the desired result. That doesn't mean it's the best for you. I have always had low blood pressure and under normal circumstances I'm fine with that but I've been put on spiro twice by two different doctors and both times I had to discontinue because it causes me to get dizzy and verge on passing out. I just had to do without the spiro and they upped my estrogen to what was needed to balance my system out. This is why you have a doctor and you should let him or her know so they can do their job.

The other thing you need to consider is that you sound like this is not really that bad for you. If you want to wear because you like it this is a golden opportunity to be able to wear and have a valid reason for "having" to wear. Just like the spiro, this is not a one size fits all here. I'm sure there's lots of people on here that would LOVE to have a reason like this to wear that would prevent people from judging them harshly and they could mjust be relaxed about it. The key to your happiness is being honest with yourself on what it is that you really want. You could even wear diapers for a while and tell the people close to you the truth and if you decide you really don't like them you could always stop wearing the diapers and tell them that you decided to ask your doctor to change your meds because the diapers were becoming unbearable. Good luck with your decision.

Hugs,

Freta