LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mess Problem D:

Hey friends, once back when I was 16 (and I diapered alot) I had pull-up design depends and I had a really liquidy mess, and it spilt out the side and landed on my carpet floor :angel_not: in my bedroom, After i cleaned it up it left a stain. Does this happen with all pull-ups, or because of the "depends" brand, or was it just a rare case because of the mess?

Thanks c:

Pullups are never the best at absorbing liquids - and when they do they need a bit of time to properly absorb it. If you push it out too fast then it's just going to skid right over the SAP and go out the leg holes.

^ this plus just the design of the product. The seat and crotch are to narrow, so theres not much material there to provide containment. Even diapers fail at times when it comes to a full on blow out :blush: but generally they do a better job due to their general construction, wider seat and stand up leak guards than most pull up style briefs.

So if thats an activity you think you might continue with, you might conside rusing something that provides better coverage and containment :thumbsup:

How are what you are using uncomfortable? Also, Depends briefs have 6 tapes (3 per side) and I have found that it's usually the bottom tapes that cause issues because they are below the pivot point of the hip joint, so they get pulled on a lot more then the ones at the top. When I used them, I just used the 2 upper tapes, and folded the bottom one under and didn't bother using it.

If depend products are not comfortable or don't perform well....try a different brand...

There are other and better brands of pull ups. Depends are generally to thin and narrow and designed for 'light' use.

Yeah its just whenever I use a diaper it feels really uncomfortable, and sometimes the tapes rip. Is that the sizing, or the depends brand?

Where are you getting the discomfort and in what way?

In regards to the tapes tearing - are they tearing off the diaper back or are they tearing off where you stuck them? I usually just hot glue my tapes down on mine. The only time I've had a tape snap is when I pull on them too hard by mistake.

You're not limited by having to tape up the way they intended to ;) For me I like to fold the top front cover down inside, and then fasten the lower tapes in an upward diagonal direction higher up on the front than they would naturally go. And if tapes tend to pop or tear, reinforce them with packing tape when you put your diaper on before there's a problem and that usually prevents the problem :blush: Think about how your movement affects things and experiment with ways to accommodate that. Also, sometimes a larger diaper will fit better if you're at the upper end of a particular brands size B) It takes awhile to find what method works best for you and then you become good at making it happen consistently.

Bettypooh

I only wear pull-ups for poop purposes if I plan on what I call "pants pooping lite" -- not wiping after pooping and using the seat of the pull-up for wiping instead. I do this more often than pooping in full just because clean-up is such a pain. But I always wear snug-fitting diapers or briefs for full pants-pooping. Pull-ups aren't secure enough to keep in a full poop, especially a liquid one.