LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Associated Scents

Hey everyone!

I'm still kind of learning the ropes, so if I'm posting in the wrong secton of the forums I apologize.

I know that everyone associates stuff like baby powder with whatever wearing habits they have, but I was wondering if anyone has any really off the wall things that they associate with wearing diapers.

For me, every time I smell the sent of those sented glade trash bags, it brings me right back to the first time I ever started wearing diapers, I used those as my dirty diaper trash bag. It's so weird that a sent can have such a strong attachment to that memory, it really just pulls me straight back to that time.

For that reason I keep a little sample case of those trash bags that I found (it's a folded cardboard case with 2 of these trash bags in it) in my room.

I edited the title for spelling so you'd get more responses ;) The sense of smell has a stronger affect on us that most realize. The pheromones that activate our sexuality are not even in the range of our ability to know that they are present, but look how strong they are to our minds and bodies :blush: The sense of smell is one of the first of our senses to develop so there are very strong subconscious associations made with scents very early on in life, and this continues throughout our life. The scent of baby powder will activate almost all of our ABDL feelings, especially the AB's. So somehow the scent you've found has an associative link with your ABDL parts :) One of my own 'scent associations' is rubber. I don't know for certain but maybe it was rubber panties which brought this on in my early days. I can detect and identify that particular scent more easily than most people do- it fairly jumps out at me. Fresh plastic affects me similarly but to a far lesser degree, probably for the same reason B) I have a similar association with stale urine if it's not too strong, but for some reason I am rather insensitive to it :screwy: That probably comes from my having been a bedwetter 10+ years longer than most people were :huh: There's nothing in what you like that would offend or upset the average person, though in my case I have to be careful with the urine smell :o I say just enjoy the aroma and what it does for you :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

For me it is the smell of baby powder/lotion (the old Johnson's, no Rite-Aide) the sweet rubber smell of the old rubber sheets and stale urine

I agree, smell is a powerful sense and one that is often overlooked. Growing up in the 50's and 60's the smell of wet diapers was very common. Additionally, those of us who wet the bed well past the age of 3 or 4 probably remember the sound, feel and smell of a rubber sheet. Mine was always just under my cotton sheet, rubber side up to provide maximum protection. The plastic pants which I wore, along with diapers, had a very distinctive odor when new. I remember discretely checking out the beds of my friends to see if they still had a rubber sheet. I could sit on a bed and almost always tell if it had "protection".

Your post it too funny I was just thinking about this yesterday. The thing that does it for me is the smell of a diaper pail. Or the smell of the trash can when you have left a few dirty diapers in them for a couple of days. Not sure what it is and yeah it does smell a little bit pungent, but the instant that smell hits my nose it is time to get diapered up.

ouf...the smell of diapers that have been left in a diaper pail for a few days is wwaayy too strong and unpleasant for me. That's actually why I bought sented trash bags just for use in a diaper pail, and would empty them quite frequently. Interestingly enough, it seems that some people created a connection between that smell and diapers while I made a connection between the sented trash bags and diapers.

Funny how things work out.