LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thai Food

Fellow Californian,

I lived in Bangkok for 3 years and love Thai food (ahan Thai)! I guess I won't find the good stuff (native) here in the high desert, but maybe someday...

I've tried the restaurant Thai cooking and the flavors didn't appeal to me. I was also told by friends that it was nothing like the real thing :( Then a Thai I knew made a group of us some Dim Sum (sp?), reassuring us "Not hot- make for you not hot." That set me on fire so I guess I'm not cut out for Thai cooking :blush: Y'all go ahead and eat my portion too, and enjoy it- I need to diet anyway :roflmao:

Bettypooh

I had tried traditional Thai food here in Columbus. It was pretty darn hot and even with a freezing glass of milk and a few tums later I hated the next day :wub:

I went ahead and ordered the same thing toned down about 2 months later. It was marvelous very unique in its flavors still warm about mid dish but tolerable. Mine was a very simple dish and while I will not even get close to spelling it right it was pronounced: "Poc-"E"- Mow" You could get it with Beef, Chicken, Pork, or Shrimp. Big flat noodles, some stewed tomatoes, over a some green lettuce type bed and a sauce that was to die for. I can't wait to let my new girlfriend try it too!

I have had both 'local' Thai food and also been fortunate enough to have been able to travel to Thailand, long ago in a galaxy far far away ;) (back when I was around 9) so needless to say I don't remember much about that the food on that trip. The local place we went to I didn't like...now I L*O*V*E good Chinese food....particularly szechuan (or how ever it's spelled :P ) and Mongolian BBQ O*M*G! :wub: but the Thai thing didn't do anything for me.... odd veggies and or sauces...just left me disappointed, not that I was expecting much *shrug* Also, I don't 'do' the hot and spicy thing at all.. I like to taste and enjoy my food, and the different flavors etc, and not have to suffer through it with burning pain... been there done that and had the runs to show for it :blush: (try a Navajo taco sometime on one of the reservations...and remember I warned you! :P )

I know of a couple of great Chinese places, which I'll stick to that I enjoy, and maybe when I'm brave enough to go experiment again...I'll venture off to something different, but that might be a while ;)

Too much of some of the Asian spicing leaves me about 1 hour till it has run out of me. Better make sure I know where the potty is. Even what most consider baby spice is too much for me.

I also lived in Yongsan-Gu, Seoul, South Korea for 3 years and love Kali-ribs, and yaki mando. The best Korean food I've had however is in Hawai'i. The OP started with Thai and the best Thai food I've had, as well as the most afordable, is in Thailand.

Square Duck, we should do lunch sometime. I love Chinese food as well and like the heat of a good chili pepper.

Aloha all!