LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cleaning A Baby Bottle

I have a baby bottle that arrived in the mail recently. The bottle hasn't been used, but I'd like to wash it and know how to wash it after it HAS been used. To thoroughly wash the bottle, is it okay to simply use ajax and water to clean?

I hope that by "Ajax" you mean the dish soap and not the cleanser. You should wash anything before its first use. They sell bottle and glass cleaning tools and brushes. B e sure to rinse it thoroughly

I hope that by "Ajax" you mean the dish soap and not the cleanser. You should wash anything before its first use. They sell bottle and glass cleaning tools and brushes. B e sure to rinse it thoroughly

Yes, I meant the dish soap.

I go a little overboard with new or really dirty plastics :blush: because they can hold nasties with a chemical bond that are tough to get off of or out of the plastic :o Using hot water and dish soap, fill half-full and shake for a minute or so. Rinse in hot water, filling half-full and shaking similarly, doing that twice. Now fill with hot to top and set aside for a few minutes. Pour out gently and steadily without 'guggling' it any more than you can, then fill with cold and set aside awhile, pouring off the same way. Then do a hot then cold rinse and it should be fine from here;) The hot-cold cycles help release anything that wants to bond to the plastic, the sitting awhile with hot lets anything lighter than water float to the top which you pour off and sitting with cold normalizes the plastic ;) This is a bit harsh on some plastics so once you get it clean like this once, just rinse immediately after each use then wash normally thereafter. I've gotten some pretty grungy plastics squeaky-clean this way B)

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Somewhere in that process, I would give it a good scrubbing on the inside to physically clean the inside beyond the chemical and bacterial cleaning, You might add a baking soda wash-set-and-rinse (if the instructions do not tell you to avoid baking soda) operation to remove any odors

• Like 1