LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site. I wore diapers in high school so I guess I'm returning to abdl. I recently bought some Abena Abri-Form X-plus medium diapers for my 34" waist and I'm having some trouble with them. It seems as if the waist is made for Small because the tapes don't wrap all the way around my body. I need some advice on sizing and how to put my diapers on. Can anybody help me?

Baby Pablo

Welcome Baby Pablo. A lot of sizing in our community is based on your actual measurements, not your pant size. I'm a 36" pant size but actually measure 44". Like me, mediums might seem to just fit but you really need Large sized diapers.

A few pointers for a properly sized diaper are;

-When fastened together the top front & back of your diaper should extend above your waist line, just below or near your belly button.

-When fastened together the side wings should overlap at least 2 inches. If not then expect your diaper to leak when you lie down (especially on your side).

-The tapes should fasten snugly somewhere around the mid point between the front & side of your waist. Too far forward or to the side is a good indication you need a different size diaper.

-The leg cuffs should be snug completely around your entire thigh, and your waist line should be snug enough that the diaper won't sag (unless you're completely soaked of course). Since everyone is different nearly every diaper manufacturer cuts their diapers differently too. Testing the various brands is the only real way to make sure it's right for you.

FYI, Abena X-plus is a good diaper to start with. I'd personally stick with Abena, Molicare, Bambino, or Secure x-plus. Anything else may very well be a waste of money (unless I'm forgetting another "premium" diaper).

Always buy bigger than you are, they are not suppose to fit you like underwear, plus every diaper manufacurer sizing is different, you may have to shop around to find a diaper that fits like you want it to.

My best advice is go to various diaper retailer sites, and buy sample packs, that way you get to see how the different diapers are sized.

Buy larger and you can always make them smaller,buy small and your stuck with unuseable diapers.