LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Black/death/heavy-metal?

Sometimes it works like that, I remember buying few albums and thinking this isn't all that good. And then a couple of years later (during a very bored moment) I put it on again and think this is pretty good, I like it.

Have you noticed a lot of metal bands seem to come from Finland now? In the old days there wasn't one metal band from there (none that I remember anyway) I wonder why? Necare may know, hey Necare why are there so many metal bands in Finland now?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He, he, sorry Bethany, I have no idea why there is so many finnish bands releasing albums these days. But you are absolutely right, in the 80`s there weren`t exactly an overabundance of finns spewing out angry, heavy tunes. I guess they finally found out, despite being the most ugly spoken language on earth in my opinion, that it actually works out quite well singing in their native language( Ok, granted, very few bands sing in their mother tongue, but finnish is heaven made, at least for black metal).

Hey, I love the 80`s as well, but that does not discount the fact that there are metal albums in the 90`s that are quite on par with lots of 80`s stuff!! Besides, certain genres were not created before the late 80`s, like death metal with the appearance of Death, black metal with Bathory.( Ok, Venom was the band who actually coined the term with their Black Metal album, but soundwise it was Bathory) And regarding Carcass, not exactly a new band, they started out as early as 87 I think.

Bethany, you really miss out on a whole lot of excellent stuff if you solely stick to the 80`s!!! I assure you, just a tips! Cheers! :beer:

I got one Carcass LP in my stack too. I don't remember it exactly but I think it was a black background with some weird looking white/silverish stripes on it. I remember owning a doom sampler LP with Cathedral, Solitude Aeturnus, Saint Vitus and Raven which rotated on my lp-player in what seemed like almost endless

Hmm, white/silverish stripes you say? Symphonies of Sickness? Reek of Putrefaction perhaps? The only band I have heard from that doom sampler you mentioned is Cathedral. I really enjoy their first album, Forest of Equilibrium. Excellent stuff indeed! :beer:

Hmm, white/silverish stripes you say? Symphonies of Sickness? Reek of Putrefaction perhaps? The only band I have heard from that doom sampler you mentioned is Cathedral. I really enjoy their first album, Forest of Equilibrium. Excellent stuff indeed! :beer:

Symphonies of Sickness !

thats it. 4:58am - thats when I get up for that daily routine called job :huh: - either you are an early bird or you are up late !

:beer:

Oh by the way I never heard of The Stupids although it sounds funny :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The WOA (Wacken Open Air) 2008 kicked off thursday nite with the headliner gig of Iron Maiden and is currently underway. The WOA is Germany 2nd biggest open air and the worlds biggest heavy metal open air festival . What I did not know is the fact that the WOA received the LEA - Live Entertainment Award for the best festival last year. The LEA is comparable to an oscar

Currently I listen to the woa player a nice site providing a player with a database of over 3800 entries of almost all metal styles. It currently plays Dio - Holy diver and I have requested Iron Maiden - Wasted Years which is queued up now. it can be found at W:O:A - Player :beer:

Slayer - Mandatory Suicide comes up soon

I have often thought about taking a little drunk trip to Wacken, seems they always have quite a few bands that have caught my interest. But sadly, due to a lousy personal economy, I haven`t been able to go yet. <_< I will have to check out the Wacken player though!Cheers! :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Just made one of the best shoots on ebay ever !

I got Cannon - Thunder and Lightning LP from 1988 for just 20€ including shipping!!!! Common prices for this LP are not below 100€ these days !!!

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

I finally got a new record player ! with usb connector this time even

I just cranked up the WASP - Winged Assassin LP B)

:beer:

Aaaah, that record is beyond brilliant!! Easily their best one, without a doubt!! So Andy, favourite songs on that album? Mine are Love Machine, School Daze, B.A.D. and Sleeping In The Fire, what ungodly tunes!! :P Cheers!! :beer:

L.O.V.E. Machine and School Daze most definately :beer: I currently crank up the Animal - F**k Like a Beast 12" single with the whore and the pitbull cover ... a side.

I got pictures of naked ladies

Lying on their beds

I whiff that smell and sweet convulsion

Starts a-Swelling inside my head

I'm making artificial lovers for free

I start to howl I'm in heat

I moan and growl and the hunt drives me crazy

I fuck like a Beast

I come round, round i come feel your love

Tie you down, down i come steal your love

LOL ! I was just reading that thread where another user requested a change of your avatar ! I am roflmao currently !! :Crylol::lol:

L.O.V.E. Machine and School Daze most definately :beer: I currently crank up the Animal - F**k Like a Beast 12" single with the whore and the pitbull cover ... a side.

I got pictures of naked ladies

Lying on their beds

I whiff that smell and sweet convulsion

Starts a-Swelling inside my head

I'm making artificial lovers for free

I start to howl I'm in heat

I moan and growl and the hunt drives me crazy

I fuck like a Beast

LOL ! I was just reading that thread where another user requested a change of your avatar ! I am roflmao currently !! :Crylol::lol:

Hehe,

I bought the 7" of that when it first came out, great record that was. I don't have it anymore, this was the days when you could stack about ten singles on the turntable and they would drop down and play one by one. It saved you getting off your ass to change them, but after a couple of years the record would be trashed.

My parents hated it when I played them (what am I talking about, they hated all my music, lol.) My dad once asked me what's W.A.S.P stand for? So I told him 'We Are Sexual Perverts' he didn't like that.......I was about 14.

Beth

HAHA Yeah Iremember them fights with my parents too. But at home it was usually not wild really. Really wild it became at school. Our music teacher encouraged us to bring our most beloved song to be aired at every start of every music lesson. I brought Slayer - Mandatory Suicide with me at my turn. needless to say the tape was stopped after a few secs and i got thrown out of that lesson.

On another occasion i became no grade in art lesson after I draw the eagle from the Saxon - Strong Arm Of The Law cover. Well my art teacher believed that I drew the german airman sign of ww2. I became thrown out again and at the end of that year I almost failed in arts because the art teacher picked me up ever since.

Meanwhile I found a couple of perls in my stack again. Power Death/Trash by Accuser - The Conviction. Kiss - Alive II double lp and Black Sabbath german black sabbath lp. it was slightly other and contained Sleeping Village, iron Man and Rat salad on its b-side. OH and War Pigs as first song on a-side as well as Evil Woman ...

You're right, I don't know what the music lessons in school are like now, but in my day they were crap. Every kid in the school loved music, but we all hated music class........what's that say about it.

We had this music teacher that would sit at the piano and sing something like Cambtown Races, you know "Camptown races sing this song......do da......do da.......camptown race track 5 mile long." This was their idea of music!

All the instruments were crap too. We had a choice of learning either the recorder or the triangle. If we could have learned drums or guitar I would have been at every lesson.

Like you I used to draw on my exercise books. I remember, I once did the THIN LIZZY logo. When my geography teacher saw it he said "Doing that during the lesson won't help you pass your exams, writing about her is no good" that still kills me!

Beth

You're right, I don't know what the music lessons in school are like now, but in my day they were crap. Every kid in the school loved music, but we all hated music class........what's that say about it.

We had this music teacher that would sit at the piano and sing something like Cambtown Races, you know "Camptown races sing this song......do da......do da.......camptown race track 5 mile long." This was their idea of music!

All the instruments were crap too. We had a choice of learning either the recorder or the triangle. If we could have learned drums or guitar I would have been at every lesson.

Like you I used to draw on my exercise books. I remember, I once did the THIN LIZZY logo. When my geography teacher saw it he said "Doing that during the lesson won't help you pass your exams, writing about her is no good" that still kills me!

Beth

Well, you know to our music teacher I was a satanic brainless idiot wearing jeans jackets with even more satanic patches and stuff. I will always remember my music. Well, not the book but one chapter of it.

As you may have guessed about hardrock and heavy metal, one side long. 1/4th of the page used for the topic in bold letters than half of it with a picture of Rudolf Schenker and his Flying V on stage and another 1/4th of text. even the pop music was 10 pages though. However this 1/4th of a page text told only that hm and hardrock are satanic and stuff and of course ozzy and alice biting living chicken and bats. That was all my music teacher needed to jerk me whenever she could. once she told i could better my grades if i can properly play the piano. the first time i tried but imidiatley knew that wasnt my stuff at all and told that to the teacher. The only response was "well since you did not play the piano this earns you a 6". over here, before 11th grade it is like 1-best and 6 worst or better you did not do anything

I did not care and the next time I simply did not even stood up to go the piano which of course earned me another 6 but at that time leaving the room too and an interview with our head teacher.

We had those top ten lists in our music lessons as well, playing stuff like Tankard, W.A.S.P and Wehrmacht.( Do you listen to Wehrmacht, Andy? Never listened to them much myself.) I remember a mate of mine playing Wehrmacht`s "Suck My Dick" ( if I remember the title correctly? ), but our teacher didn`t seem to mind much, bless him for his liberal ways! :lol::beer:

My Heavy Metal Phase kinda came and passed when i was young"er" haha. used to listen to a lot of Unearth, Shadows Fall, In Flames, All That Remains, Iced Earth. These days its done to just some Shadows Fall here and there i do still listen to some older Systme of a down stuff but thats not really Heavy Metal

My Heavy Metal Phase kinda came and passed when i was young"er" haha. used to listen to a lot of Unearth, Shadows Fall, In Flames, All That Remains, Iced Earth. These days its done to just some Shadows Fall here and there i do still listen to some older Systme of a down stuff but thats not really Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal ain't just a phase - it is another lifestyle ;) . Or I am wrong and I never got beyond that phase :P

Anyway cheers :beer:

We had those top ten lists in our music lessons as well, playing stuff like Tankard, W.A.S.P and Wehrmacht.( Do you listen to Wehrmacht, Andy? Never listened to them much myself.) I remember a mate of mine playing Wehrmacht`s "Suck My Dick" ( if I remember the title correctly? ), but our teacher didn`t seem to mind much, bless him for his liberal ways! :lol::beer:

Yeah I think I have the record Shark Attack of Wehrmacht ... oh and the legendary Beermacht record too. :beer:

Heavy Metal ain't just a phase - it is another lifestyle ;) . Or I am wrong and I never got beyond that phase :P

Anyway cheers :beer:

I think it is often seen as a phase, probably so parents can tell themselves that their kids will grow out of it. I no longer wear the clothing, but my love of the music hasn't gone.

Maybe I should grow out of it, but hey give me a chance, I haven't grown out of diapers yet. You can't rush these things!

Beth

Well, of all the inane statements people manage to vomit out, the statement, " Heavy metal is just a phase", certainly has quite a high rank on my list! :badmood: What these better-wissers don`t seem to realize, is that this is all a matter of perspective. Quite a few people have a clear cut, preordained view of how a human being`s life should progress from cradle to the grave, everything else that disrupts the pattern planned, is naturally seen as an anomaly. An anomaly, a deformity that may well be tolerated in the moving :D belief that this anomaly in itself is not a bearer of true value, of truth to be reckoned with.

So ergo, what do parents and the less enlightened say to themselves in order to ensure that only classical music, pop, jazz etc. equates with adulthood, that only the values they have laid down is the proper sign of maturity? "Relax, our John has just strayed from the path a bit, it`s only natural at this stage in his life to be a little rebel, to listen to heavy-metal. Don`t worry dear, John`s hormones is in turmoil at the moment`, and it`s clouding his immature mind for the moment. You will see, he will soon be back in the safe fold with the rest of us, after all here is where the truth lies my dear!"

Funny thing that, why is it that you never hear people utter the statement " Pop-music is just a phase" or "Classical music is just a phase?" Two words for you, the virtue of conformity, and the feeling of fear. Heavy metal in it`s essence is about rebellion, about the voicing of adverse truths, about the darker aspects within the psyche. Heavy metal is the dark side of the moon, the uncomfortable reminder that to every shade of white, there is a shade of black. And while we now see that mainstream society more than before have embraced metal as a commercial product, heavy metal/ black/death/trash metal etc. as a phenomena can never be properly assimilated within general society, and nor in my opinion should one strive to make it so.

It`s a question of chaos and cosmos, of deconstruction and construction. The thought that the wild and unharnessed beast in musical and lyrical form actually may be the spokesman of vital truths is simply to uncomfortable for the majority of people, but since they have to at least acknowledge its presence, what better way of diminishing its importance than to say the following words: "Heavy-metal is just a phase." And to think that Charles Manson loved the Beatles, that the nazis loved Wagner? Both mainstream cultural products. But I guess as long as you keep your kids away from the heavy and hard tunes, all will be well in the end, right? ;):roflmao: Sorry for the long rant, an emotional topic for me this!! :P Cheers, folks! :beer:

Well, of all the inane statements people manage to vomit out, the statement, " Heavy metal is just a phase", certainly has quite a high rank on my list! :badmood: What these better-wissers don`t seem to realize, is that this is all a matter of perspective. Quite a few people have a clear cut, preordained view of how a human being`s life should progress from cradle to the grave, everything else that disrupts the pattern planned, is naturally seen as an anomaly. An anomaly, a deformity that may well be tolerated in the moving :D belief that this anomaly in itself is not a bearer of true value, of truth to be reckoned with.

So ergo, what do parents and the less enlightened say to themselves in order to ensure that only classical music, pop, jazz etc. equates with adulthood, that only the values they have laid down is the proper sign of maturity? "Relax, our John has just strayed from the path a bit, it`s only natural at this stage in his life to be a little rebel, to listen to heavy-metal. Don`t worry dear, John`s hormones is in turmoil at the moment`, and it`s clouding his immature mind for the moment. You will see, he will soon be back in the safe fold with the rest of us, after all here is where the truth lies my dear!"

Funny thing that, why is it that you never hear people utter the statement " Pop-music is just a phase" or "Classical music is just a phase?" Two words for you, the virtue of conformity, and the feeling of fear. Heavy metal in it`s essence is about rebellion, about the voicing of adverse truths, about the darker aspects within the psyche. Heavy metal is the dark side of the moon, the uncomfortable reminder that to every shade of white, there is a shade of black. And while we now see that mainstream society more than before have embraced metal as a commercial product, heavy metal/ black/death/trash metal etc. as a phenomena can never be properly assimilated within general society, and nor in my opinion should one strive to make it so.

It`s a question of chaos and cosmos, of deconstruction and construction. The thought that the wild and unharnessed beast in musical and lyrical form actually may be the spokesman of vital truths is simply to uncomfortable for the majority of people, but since they have to at least acknowledge its presence, what better way of diminishing its importance than to say the following words: "Heavy-metal is just a phase." And to think that Charles Manson loved the Beatles, that the nazis loved Wagner? Both mainstream cultural products. But I guess as long as you keep your kids away from the heavy and hard tunes, all will be well in the end, right? ;):roflmao: Sorry for the long rant, an emotional topic for me this!! :P Cheers, folks! :beer:

haha i did not mean phase in that way to be exact. i just meant that when i (me personally) hit the age of around 16 a buddy of mine starting getting me into metal it was somthing new and i really enjoyed it. it was the spring board to me really getting into music. but the differnt stuff i listened to the i found other styles of music that were more to my liking. i still listen to my fav 2-3 metal bands. Add in i have devolped a big taste for Bass bands like Primus (MY Fav bnad), Rhcp, Rush, Dream theater are more enjoyable for me. Also going back in music lead me to bands like The Clash, Pink Floyd, Queen, Yes, The Who.

I also know i had a Pop Phase it was called being 8 and not knowing anything about music. and as far as Classical ive always enjoyed it thanks to being a cello player( which is a big reason why i love bass in music) and for all the strong points Metal has its about the guitars and drums in most cases. so i guess i did go throw the "metal phase" at the age of 16 and it didnt stick but it had nothing to do with Rebelling. and i still get that chaos in my music its just from a differnt stlye because when i put on some Primus or They Might Be Giants its anything but calm and bland music

Hey, it`s all ok! :P Most often when people say "Heavy metal is just a phase", metal is clearly viewed as something immature, and accordingly this is said in a derogatory manner. In your case on the other hand, metal was primarily a springboard onto other styles that you found out you enjoyed more. I have no problems whatsoever with people naming heavy as a phase in this respect! An entirely different matter. So ergo, my critique was not directed at you, I just latched onto the sentence in itself, and spewed out my bile to my heart`s content! And yeah, could not agree more, you find chaos and darkness in other styles as well, it goes without saying! For example, listen to some of the brilliant pieces of music Diamanda Galas has released, she puts every black metal band to shame, he, he. Cheers, and good luck with the cello!! :beer: