LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Depend Ads!

I haven't tried these but the new commercials are awesome. May not be "mainstream" yet, but this is great marketing and opens the discussion to more people while downplaying stigmatisms. However, NOW we can also just say we are just wearing diapers daily for charity ;-) Just kidding, I would NEVER do that hehehe

Thanks for the post DD!!!

• Like 1

Wow that is a hot commercial. Would love to see the TMZ version. "Wow looks like Lisa had an accident on the red carpet, she has the telltale diaper leak wet spots on either side of her dress."

• 1 month later...

Honeywell6180, regarding not marketing toward those with disabilities... how do you draw that conclusion from the ad? Why shouldn't marketing with celebrities work for people with disabilities like it does for the rest of us? Put cool people in an ad for a product and people will apply cool to the product too. Basic association and attribution.

And, other than incontinence, there are many customers/potential customers of depends who aren't disabled. Television ads are, I would guess, only part of the brand's marketing. I suspect that a large percentage of marketing to disabled individuals occurs more through a disabled individual's interactions with doctors, HMOs, insurance companies, care providers, hospitals who provide them services regarding the individual's disability. And that marketing, to other companies happens more behind the scenes. I personally find it annoying, but my experience as a care provider is that pretty much any incontince brief product, tabbed or pull-up, is referred to as a Depend, regardless of the product's actual brand. Now that's some serious name recognition. Just like Styrofoam -- a brand name. The product is polystyrene, but nobody calls it that. I mean, they must not have to put much into advertising to hospitals, group homes, product retailers.

Besides, regardless of the demonstrations they did, these ads were clearly more about creating a warm-fuzzy positive feeling than actually proving they have a superior product to their competitors. They're trying to make their customers/potential customers feel good about themselves. They want their product associated with that positive emotions and people who are strong, healthy and attractive. Transference. (Try and tell me someone who is disabled doesn't want to feel strong, healthy and attractive at least as much as the rest of us want to...)

If they wanted you to be thinking about the qualifications of the product itself they'd be demonstrating by pouring some blue liquid in it like those commercials for paper towels or maxi pads or sham-wow. They would have used phrases like "laboratory tested", "study", "scientifically tested", "scientifically proven", "space age", "cutting edge technology", and there'd be charts or graphs or using lab equipment like scales or beakers or flasks. They'd have real-looking people giving testimonials like that tan woman with dark hair in the Speedy-Cath commercials.

There's a lot to how commercials and advertising work. It's kinda nifty.